HOME FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > North West Class Racer Association


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2022, 09:15 AM   #1
Jim Caughlin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Woodburn, Or
Posts: 521
Likes: 39
Liked 464 Times in 138 Posts
Default Mission race reschd overlap

I'm sure by now, everyone noticed that the Mission Div rescheduled date is the same weekend as Yakima. Any chance that Yakima can figure out a revised date to resolve this? There obviously will be a significant reduction in car count if left as is.

Jim Caughlin
SS6019
Jim Caughlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 02:36 PM   #2
west coast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Rainy Washington
Posts: 561
Likes: 4
Liked 82 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Mission race reschd overlap

Maybe competition is a good thing. The association pays more and farther down. I hear the weather is going to be bad so mission may get canceled next week.
__________________
James Boyce 6052 K/SA Stock
National record holder 2015 & 2018
west coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:55 PM   #3
Larry Merk
Member
 
Larry Merk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kennewick, WA
Posts: 125
Likes: 5
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
Default Re: Mission race reschd overlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
I'm sure by now, everyone noticed that the Mission Div rescheduled date is the same weekend as Yakima. Any chance that Yakima can figure out a revised date to resolve this? There obviously will be a significant reduction in car count if left as is.

Jim Caughlin
SS6019

Jim,

I will be at Yakima next weekend and will talk with Derek about this schedule conflict. I'm more interested in knowing how many US Stock and Super Stock racers were actually planning to go to Mission.
__________________
Larry Merk
Larry Merk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 03:56 PM   #4
LNCRacing
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4
Likes: 49
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Mission race reschd overlap

We will not be going to Mission......

Larry & Chris
LNCRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-19-2022, 07:39 PM   #5
SDT1DYI
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Indianola Washington
Posts: 218
Likes: 0
Liked 196 Times in 60 Posts
Default Re: Mission race reschd overlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
I'm sure by now, everyone noticed that the Mission Div rescheduled date is the same weekend as Yakima. Any chance that Yakima can figure out a revised date to resolve this? There obviously will be a significant reduction in car count if left as is.

Jim Caughlin
SS6019
It is unfortunate that NHRA and Mission Raceways chose to reschedule the Divisonal race to Sept 10-11th that conflicts with NWCR event in Yakima.( Which is a double header by the way).
As Mr. Boyce indicated, the NWCR event will be paying first round winners and up. Stock and Super Stock racers will be
Pleased with total pay outs.
I would guess if your in the hunt points wise, not going to Mission is not a option but the other question is Acton?
Some may deciede it's a bigger bang for the $ do the Div 7 double in Bakersfield and then go to Vegas . One could do 3 divisonal races (4 if you do the Vegas Divisonal) and 1 National event.
I just want it to stop raining so we can get some hits in!
.
Steve Teeter Stk/SS 620
SDT1DYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-28-2022, 11:08 PM   #6
Larry Merk
Member
 
Larry Merk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kennewick, WA
Posts: 125
Likes: 5
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
Default Re: Mission race reschd overlap

The cancellation of the Mission Raceway LODRS race, and subsequent re-scheduling on September 10-11, 2022 is in direct conflict with the NWCR double race at Renegade Raceway in Yakima, Washington. We have consulted with the Yakima track manager and decided to go ahead with our originally scheduled dates.

The combined track and NWCR payout at Yakima, depending on car count, will be between $1,750 and $2,000 to win, between $750 and $1,000 for runner-up , and $100 a round starting with 1st round winners both days. Not in the chase for the Division championship? Don't need a grade point? Come race at Yakima. No AHFS and $100 to the #1 qualifier both days. And a Wally to the Sunday winner. What's not to like? And the following weekend we have a double race at Woodburn Dragstrip. Four races in 9 days. Come join us and have some fun!
__________________
Larry Merk
Larry Merk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-29-2022, 12:10 PM   #7
Jim Caughlin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Woodburn, Or
Posts: 521
Likes: 39
Liked 464 Times in 138 Posts
Default Re: Mission race reschd overlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Merk View Post
The cancellation of the Mission Raceway LODRS race, and subsequent re-scheduling on September 10-11, 2022 is in direct conflict with the NWCR double race at Renegade Raceway in Yakima, Washington. We have consulted with the Yakima track manager and decided to go ahead with our originally scheduled dates.

The combined track and NWCR payout at Yakima, depending on car count, will be between $1,750 and $2,000 to win, between $750 and $1,000 for runner-up , and $100 a round starting with 1st round winners both days. Not in the chase for the Division championship? Don't need a grade point? Come race at Yakima. No AHFS and $100 to the #1 qualifier both days. And a Wally to the Sunday winner. What's not to like? And the following weekend we have a double race at Woodburn Dragstrip. Four races in 9 days. Come join us and have some fun!
I understand all of your points but in the end, divisional races are going to get priority for a lot of us. Obviously, it was a crappy deal that NHRA and Mission chose to overlap this weekend, both races are going to suffer a lose of car count because of this. Worse yet, my work schd isn't going to allow me to attend the Seattle combo, now Yakima is out also. All around sucks.
Jim Caughlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:12 PM   #8
Larry Merk
Member
 
Larry Merk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kennewick, WA
Posts: 125
Likes: 5
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
Default Re: Mission race reschd overlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
I understand all of your points but in the end, divisional races are going to get priority for a lot of us. Obviously, it was a crappy deal that NHRA and Mission chose to overlap this weekend, both races are going to suffer a lose of car count because of this. Worse yet, my work schd isn't going to allow me to attend the Seattle combo, now Yakima is out also. All around sucks.
Jim,

We know it SUCKS! The schedule at Renegade Raceway did not have any other dates that worked. So we are stuck with those dates. Perhaps that was the problem at Mission as well - it was the only weekend that worked for them.

For those who don't need the grade point or divisional points, we are offering a really good payout.
__________________
Larry Merk
Larry Merk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.