HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-25-2022, 11:41 AM   #21
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,449 Times in 420 Posts
Default Re: Driver Interviews

Everybody roots for the station wagon! And who wouldn't want to race one? With excellent weight transfer and 360 vision of the hard charging chaser, your only enemy is a 2mph crossbreeze. This 350ci Malibu sports a shiny new paint job and the young EMS student has plans to employ a very big name to increase the horsepower pretty soon.

Old 04-02-2022, 07:31 PM   #22
Rod Greene

Liked 203 Times in 72 Posts

Bobby, some requests for driver interviews. John and Jon Irving a fixture on the west coast for DECADES. Gregg Luneack all around great guy and been doing this forever. Rob Youngblood clutch guru and another great guy. Great interview with Chad.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:17 PM   #23
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

In case anyone did not see the Chad Langdon interview, here it is. I will try to post a few this week. Or maybe I should go live to tell you how much fun it was to get stuck in the Orlando airport, Vegas airport, Chicago airport, and how great it is to finally be home with barely having enough brainpower to type this!

Holy moly, a Ford lover's dream! This gorgeous Thunderbolt is driven by one of the pioneers of the big block FE motor who himself has designed some of the integral parts allowed on the car.

Last edited by Bobby Fazio; 04-04-2022 at 09:07 AM.
Bobby Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:51 PM   #24
Jerry Terry

Liked 446 Times in 132 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Driver Interviews

Bobby your interviews seem to get better and better both of these were awesome , I had no idea that Chad Langdon's family owned Clays Cams since 1967 and its glad to hear his health's better and back racing. I also didn't know that Robert Pond designed his block and heads . I remember reading about both these men when I was growing up and racing. Retired now I really enjoy your interviews keep up the great work you guys do and Thanks

Jerry
Retired 3490 3492 STK SS SST
Jerry Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:44 AM   #25
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Lots of editing and lots of interviews so, in the meantime, enjoy this little staging lanes walk before Stock Q1 @ Las Vegas 4-wide. Just the usual sticking of mics in the faces of a few recognizable stars.

Old 04-08-2022, 12:44 PM   #26
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

I’m really proud of this video I’m learning everything I can about editing and trying to get better everyday. Here is a 2 minute recap of Vegas with lots of clips! Check it out thank you.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:33 AM   #27
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

I'm sure I missed a few but here are the two latest Driver Interviews.

All the way in from Sweden, Markus rocks the number 8 on his window as he joins us at the Las Vegas National Event. The former pro stock crewman utilizes the clutch knowledge he acquired over the years and has figured out how to prove some skeptics wrong about the radial tire application on a big block stick shifted car!

In Part 1 of our Scott Burton Driver Interview, we discuss his Stock Eliminator Cobra Jet. Powered by a self built 428ci motor, the retired airline pilot snagged a great deal after selling his previous Firebird stocker and has proven to be a real threat in the new car, winning the division championship in 2021 and taking part in the JEGS All Star race.

In Part 2 we learn about Pontiac 428 power in a car that puts me back in junior high riding around with my older cousin.

Last edited by Bobby Fazio; 05-02-2022 at 05:42 PM.
Bobby Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:59 AM   #28
t.tosto

Liked 61 Times in 22 Posts

Markus is one of the most knowledgeable stick/clutch guys around. Super nice guy with a great sense of humor.
t.tosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #29
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Coming at you from Las Vegas a few weeks ago, my new friend Jesse Sanderson took some time to explain some similarities and differences between the 340 Duster and Dart, notably the hood scoop that comes on the Dart. Jesse and family are a force to be reckoned with at the track and wait til you see what sits in front of his shifter! This was my first attempt at in-car footage with my new camera so it was a learning curve with the exposure settings.

Old 05-05-2022, 09:11 AM   #30
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

The New Jersey native flexed the muscle of his '69 Camaro at the recent PC Richard & Son National Open held at Atco Dragway. The 350ci/255hp motor is currently rated at 280hp for NHRA competition, putting it in G class with a minimum weight of 3250lbs. Utilizing a fresh powerplant, compliments of Steve Ficacci Racing Engines, Ron blasts the G/SA index of 12.00 seconds for possibly one of the quickest runs ever made by a G car. We get to see and hear the story behind the car, its build, and eye catching paint job.