HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-20-2022, 08:52 PM   #1
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts
Default Jr. Stocker parts

I put this post in the parts section but thought I would put it here also. Some of us JR.Stocker tribute racers are putting together a little display at this years Tri -Five Nationals in Bowling Green this August. We thought we would show some of the parts used back in the day when building a Jr. car. Looking for a 265, 283 aftermarket piston from the 70s(Jahns,Forgetrue etc). Maybe a Atlas Bucron tire,or a Firestone 7 incher from that era, or how about a Alex Jarell modified 3 speed.Stahl headers. Condition of these items is not important.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-25-2022, 03:06 PM   #2
Cstockbird

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Jr. Stocker parts

I’ll ask some of my nostalgia tri five chevy buddys if they have those pistons.

If your gonna do JR stock display you gotta have a CLUTCH HYDRO to display . That’s the coolest Jr stock part ever IMO. Talk about thinking outside the box
I’ve got a 69 bird raced in C stock by Bill Eckstrom who went on to Pro stock. . Restoring it to as raced condition. Lace paint and all. 15k original miles to date so I understand your plight. I’ve been trying to gather Jr stock parts for years.

Used to know Ray Whitney of the Whitney and kutsavage dog catcher which was a well known car back in the day.

Parts I still need, square traction action competition bars , sun water temp gauge, a set of 15x4 cragars in nice shape .PM me .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1E373D02-36C1-4139-AE2D-CEC05654601A.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	61862  

Last edited by Cstockbird; 02-25-2022 at 03:14 PM.
Cstockbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:39 PM   #3
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstockbird View Post
I’ll ask some of my nostalgia tri five chevy buddys if they have those pistons.

If your gonna do JR stock display you gotta have a CLUTCH HYDRO to display . That’s the coolest Jr stock part ever IMO. Talk about thinking outside the box
I’ve got a 69 bird raced in C stock by Bill Eckstrom who went on to Pro stock. . Restoring it to as raced condition. Lace paint and all. 15k original miles to date so I understand your plight. I’ve been trying to gather Jr stock parts for years.

Used to know Ray Whitney of the Whitney and kutsavage dog catcher which was a well known car back in the day.

Parts I still need, square traction action competition bars , sun water temp gauge, a set of 15x4 cragars in nice shape .PM me .
Thanks for the ideas on the Jr Stocker parts but I dont think a clutch hydro falls in the category of Jr parts. Yes the truck hydro was legal in some sedan deliveries for a few years but at several hundred pounds I do not think anyone will be wanting to haul one around for display.LOL
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 07:18 PM   #4
Cstockbird

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn Smith View Post
Thanks for the ideas on the Jr Stocker parts but I dont think a clutch hydro falls in the category of Jr parts. Yes the truck hydro was legal in some sedan deliveries for a few years but at several hundred pounds I do not think anyone will be wanting to haul one around for display.LOL
Huh I coulda sworn they got those legal for the early cars. Must have just been the hydro being legal in the sedan delivery I was thinking about. Nice to see Jrs. Getting attention. Also maybe post on the HAMB a lot of guys from back then on there.
Cstockbird is offline   Reply With Quote