HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Old 05-30-2022, 04:03 PM   #171
jims5600

Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: 8.50 index build

It has been a pleasure following your build. Thanks so much for letting us all follow along. Your workmanship is awesome! Best of luck when you get to
race this beauty.
Jimmy
jims5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-30-2022, 04:09 PM   #172
Todd Geisler

Liked 345 Times in 149 Posts

Thanks Jimmy.

I hate to say it but it’s looking like it won’t see the track till next spring. Things coming together much slower than I would like, but it is what it is.
Todd Geisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 07:03 PM   #173
Todd Geisler

Found I didn't like the first way I had the shifter area wired. The 8 pin Deutsch connector didn't allow for bypassing the delay box, not to mention it is totally different looking than the other connectors in the DT series, and honestly kinda ugly looking.

So I rewired with a 6 pin and 4 pin connectors.

Tough area to make look neat & tidy with as much wiring stuff in one small area. It'll just have to do I suppose.

I've also been working on preparing the electronics panel to begin doing final hookups. Been so busy with other stuff I didn't keep track of supplies. I ran out of some heat shrink, label cartridge about to run out and didn't have all of the ring terminals needed. I'll have to finish up after those supplies come in.

Once that's done I'll need to do all the circuit testing and if all is good, move on to the engine EFI wiring.

Cookie sheets working out well.

Firewall starter bump buttons.

I had to clean up this wire, was too long and I forgot to label it.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:09 AM   #174
Dave Noll

Liked 217 Times in 104 Posts

Very Nice work Todd. That's gonna be a really nice car.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:22 AM   #175
Todd Geisler

Couple small projects Ive been working on while waiting for some wiring supplies to come in.

Been putting this off but finally got the quarter window boarders painted and installed.

Also got around to ordering the coil springs from Santhuff and got them slid in place.

Decided I wanted to mount the Rife sensor block on the underside of the top cowl section. Did not want to surface mount it so this offset bracket sets the sensor back just shy of being flush with the cowl/firewall surface.

And one of the last projects was designing and cutting out brackets to mount a 2" travel sensor to the shift linkage and tie into the Holley Dominator EFI.

Last little update is the engine is finally done and today is dyno day. Heading to the engine builders after lunch to try and learn a little EFI tuning.

Old 06-11-2022, 10:11 AM   #176
Todd Geisler

So Thursday was dyno day. Day went pretty well, made 6 pulls and decided to stop. The oxygen sensor on the Dyno Holley wasn't cooperating all that well. Felt we had a solid baseline tuneup saved which was really my goal for the day. Didn't hurt that the engine wound up making 15 more peak HP than before. O2's were still on the rich side (dyno o2, not efi) and the top end rpm limit was still a little low so it's safe to say there's still a little more power to be found down the road.

Engine changes since last time were swapping the too tall SV565 intake for a fully ported old school 2927 Super Victor. The last set of titanium valves gave us nothing but fits and were damaged so they were swapped out for a set of custom stainless valves along with a stronger spring package, new titanium retainers and titanium locks. While doing the intake fitment (cylinder heads have dowel shift) and porting on the manifold, the cylinder head guy found a couple small areas on the heads he wanted to adjust a little so we did. My guess is the additional power was from those small tweaks.

Got home from the dyno at 6:30, quick dinner and back out to the garage. Engine set in place by 9:00. lol

Last edited by Todd Geisler; 06-11-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2022, 10:14 AM   #177
Todd Geisler

Last evening I didn't do all that much other than cleaning the exhaust port flanges to be able to bolt the headers up.

Last edited by Todd Geisler; 06-11-2022 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-11-2022, 10:17 AM   #178
Todd Geisler

For those wondering how the Rife sensor mount was gonna work, here it is mounted to the firewall/cowl panel.

Old 06-12-2022, 08:24 PM   #179
Todd Geisler

Finally something worth sharing on the wiring. The main wiring panel and relay board are wired up. Not complete, but enough to power up and start testing some circuits.

Looks pretty decent for someone who doesn't wire cars for a living. lol Not perfect, but I'm pleased with the results. Have a couple small things I may tweak and try to improve.

Next I gotta do the engine grounds, then I'll start on the coil harness and then the EFI engine harness.

Old 06-14-2022, 08:15 AM   #180
Todd Geisler

Sunday I was able to finally apply power and test a couple circuits. Was really nice to finally see the car showing some signs of life.

The dial boards have a neat feature where they dim when the parking lights are on so they aren't overly bright at night time.

Back to waiting for some supplies to come in this week.

Next it to finish the engine grounds, then start on the coil harnesses. After that it'll be time to start on the engine EFI harness.