Old 06-01-2022, 09:34 AM   #11
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts
Default Re: Cam bearing installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post
Mike,

Not sure what you mean by "production environment" ?? I have the BHJ tool but usually grab my good old K-line most of the time. I got the BHJ in a trade with a customer and it works nice but to be honest with you it is slow and I cant say that it does any better of a job than the K-line with a big hammer.

The other thing with the BHJ is that you have to buy or make different mandrels for each bearing size. I made a couple for the late model Hemis and the LS with the big front bearing.

After having it for a while now I would probably not recommend it for everyday use. I rarely use it and I probably do 3 sets of bearings a week ?

Just my opinion,
What I meant by a production environment is working on different makes of engines. Yes, I agree, it takes time to set up and is slow.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:09 AM   #12
BillK

Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
What I meant by a production environment is working on different makes of engines. Yes, I agree, it takes time to set up and is slow.
Ok. I just cant imagine using it on a day to day basis. I would think it would be great and almost imperative for roller bearings and it does make the big Late Hemi VVT bearings a lot easier but otherwise I dont think its worth it.
Old 06-01-2022, 04:08 PM   #13
Carroll Morris

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

If you make or have someone solid mandrels for your popular sizes,It will be a little faster.
Carroll Morris is offline   Reply With Quote