HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM   #21
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts
Default Re: Post-Run Etiquette

You can wait, you can drive by and get lunch, you can try your luck at the buy back window. You can do anything that a spectator can do. OR, you can go back and listen to some music, like Loser, by Beck.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:44 PM   #22
Bill Bogues

Liked 169 Times in 52 Posts
Angry Re: Post-Run Etiquette

After what happen at the texas motorplex at the nats a couple of years back,I don't even trust the win lights to come on wether I think I lost or won.I ran 1st rd and didn't get a win light. Since they decided to not give time slips the only way you knewif you had won was by the light. Well the light in left lane as not working and they had run several of us that ran early and unless you had one of them phone with track hookup you got the shaft. They wouldn't think about having a rerun for us.I'll never drive past scales again in eliminations unless I get a piece of paper saying I lost.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:20 AM   #23
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
You can wait, you can drive by and get lunch, you can try your luck at the buy back window. You can do anything that a spectator can do. OR, you can go back and listen to some music, like Loser, by Beck.
If I am going to win or lose it will be on the racing surface, not at the scales, ok maybe on a heads-up run; I will delay the lunch time I may just to make sure my weight is correct, lol
Old 03-30-2024, 11:26 AM   #24
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,818 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
If I am going to win or lose it will be on the racing surface, not at the scales
Ya know, I understand that it's the 21St Century and we're all supposed to be sympathetic to our fellow competitors situations and all sorts of other B.S. but, the rules are the rules. If my competitor is supposed to weigh this and run a fuel that checks this and it doesn't, I don't care whether we're in a heads-up run or not! The rules are the rules and they're written for every competitor, in every round of every race!

Don, maybe we should all just start running pump gas in all but heads-up runs. Maybe pull a couple of hundred pounds out too! You know, more fuel efficient, less wear-and-tear on parts and tires!
Maybe we can get together at the end of the day and sing kumbaya and polish up our participant trophys!

Reality, what a concept!

Last edited by Billy Nees; 03-30-2024 at 11:31 AM.
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 11:42 AM   #25
RKelliher

Liked 148 Times in 48 Posts

Billy, you are right, the rule states you must go thru scales if you win and fuel check if they have it . Now I know rules don't apply any more, the sheriff has left town and it's the wild west again.
RKelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-30-2024, 03:05 PM   #26
SDmopar

Liked 81 Times in 19 Posts

I find it funny when some claim the scale is off. The same scale that everyone else passes. I’ll be more than happy to fill in for the next round if the guy that beat me cant follow the rules.

5058 B/SA 99 Chevy Camaro SS
SDmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-30-2024, 03:32 PM   #27
Dan Bennett

Liked 357 Times in 80 Posts

Old guy comments here, but the scales used to be a big headache as a lot of tracks were using wood platforms. They would absorb or evaporate moisture as the day went on. And it was never a pound or two.

One especially troublesome one was at topeka. It was situated on a raised area and that part of Kansas can be pretty windy and with gusts. I can remember my team's car on the scale for 5 minutes or so before they got a stable reading. Later years, they'd have a couple tech guys hold up a large sheet of board to block the wind.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 04:23 PM   #28
Mike Gray

Liked 499 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bogues View Post
After what happen at the texas motorplex at the nats a couple of years back,I don't even trust the win lights to come on wether I think I lost or won.I ran 1st rd and didn't get a win light. Since they decided to not give time slips the only way you knewif you had won was by the light. Well the light in left lane as not working and they had run several of us that ran early and unless you had one of them phone with track hookup you got the shaft. They wouldn't think about having a rerun for us.I'll never drive past scales again in eliminations unless I get a piece of paper saying I lost.
I got a piece of paper at Sonoma many years ago that said I lost. Looking at the RT and numbers it just didn’t add up but the other lane was “winner”, I loaded up and left for the long drive home. A few weeks later I get a call from division director to confirm where to send round money and asking why I was a no show for the next round!
Even paper is not always correct.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:09 PM   #29
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,611 Times in 378 Posts

First of all let’s be real
You get fuel check 1 time in time runs and maybe 1st rd
After that there is no fuel check unless it’s a heads up
So in this day in age of stock go to your pit with your losing ticket like the winner is
Wait until we go paperless and you have now clue who won.
Free Lance Line
Old 04-01-2024, 10:19 AM   #30
dragracerray

Liked 123 Times in 58 Posts

I know at Maplegrove you pick up your winning ticket on the scales and if you know you lost you can pick up ticket next to the scale. When there is a good race and you don't know who won I think it would be safer to just go over the scales. It only takes a minute and you don't feel like your stalking your opponent. In this case I asked at the scales and they don't mind "losing" competitors from going over the scales. Ray
dragracerray is offline   Reply With Quote