HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-01-2020, 03:32 PM   #1
Mike Mans

Liked 296 Times in 48 Posts
Default Firecore Ignition Wires

I'd heard some good feedback from a close friend with regards to the Firecore ignition wires, so I wanted to see for myself in a back to back dyno test. We've been running MSD ignition wires recently and after we swapped on the dyno - it was 3 average torque, 3 average hp and 4 peak better with the Firecore wires. The fitment and boot snapping was really nice, and Rick Gorski was really great to deal with. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade or replace the wires they're running. Definitely a cheap and easy couple horsepower!

Mike
Mike Mans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
sst7250

Liked 38 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Firecore Ignition Wires

We have run Ricks wires on both cars for years, great product and great guy to deal with. Firecore rocks!
sst7250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
JRyan

Liked 104 Times in 28 Posts

I've got them on my turbo car. Love them. Very nice wire and they were easy to deal with.

Rick
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #4
bykr

Liked 167 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mans View Post
I'd heard some good feedback from a close friend with regards to the Firecore ignition wires, so I wanted to see for myself in a back to back dyno test. We've been running MSD ignition wires recently and after we swapped on the dyno - it was 3 average torque, 3 average hp and 4 peak better with the Firecore wires. The fitment and boot snapping was really nice, and Rick Gorski was really great to deal with. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade or replace the wires they're running. Definitely a cheap and easy couple horsepower!

Mike
Any idea what is attributed to the hp increase?

Last edited by bykr; 06-03-2020 at 07:32 PM.
bykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:27 PM   #5
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike mans View Post
i'd heard some good feedback from a close friend with regards to the firecore ignition wires, so i wanted to see for myself in a back to back dyno test. We've been running msd ignition wires recently and after we swapped on the dyno - it was 3 average torque, 3 average hp and 4 peak better with the firecore wires. The fitment and boot snapping was really nice, and rick gorski was really great to deal with. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade or replace the wires they're running. Definitely a cheap and easy couple horsepower!

Mike
damn !!!!!
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:00 AM   #6
Steve Stasko

Liked 228 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykr View Post
Any idea what is attributed to the hp increase?
Also wondering if the MSD wires were brand new like the FireCores, or the old ones they had been running...

I've been told the FireCore is a Delphi/Packard wire...same stuff Summit is selling as house-brand.
Steve Stasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #7
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts

[QUOTE=Steve Stasko;615888
I've been told the FireCore is a Delphi/Packard wire...same stuff Summit is selling as house-brand.[/QUOTE]

I think he sources the wires himself. If Schumacher still uses them I would assume that is that case. I would expect them to make their own, like everything else if they could buy the wire.

I have a set and like them.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #8
Mike Mans

Liked 296 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stasko View Post
Also wondering if the MSD wires were brand new like the FireCores, or the old ones they had been running...

I've been told the FireCore is a Delphi/Packard wire...same stuff Summit is selling as house-brand.
That's a valid point, and we had run these MSD wires for 1 season (right at 100 runs). I can't say brand new to brand new if there is a difference - because I simply haven't tested it on our own engines.
Mike Mans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:11 AM   #9
Mark Ugrich

Liked 57 Times in 32 Posts

I talked with Rick recently to get a quote on a set of wires. I asked him about the reports of improved horsepower and performance using his wires.He said they’re not magic, just a high quality wire set. As I’m sure everyone knows , he won’t sell a cut to fit set of wires. Maybe some performance is due to a better factory crimp on the terminals.Whatever it is I’m having a set.
Mark Ugrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-07-2020, 12:10 PM   #10
GTX5877

Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

Average of 3 hp and 3 tq is exactly what we have experienced in back to back dyno tests vs MSD wires.

Tom Hestness
GTX5877 is offline   Reply With Quote