HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-24-2024, 06:15 PM   #1
MarcoFD1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Metric 200

How many quarts of fluid does a metric 200 hold with a stock pan with converter full?
MarcoFD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 10:02 PM   #2
Jason Shepard

Liked 98 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: Metric 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoFD1 View Post
How many quarts of fluid does a metric 200 hold with a stock pan with converter full?
Stock pan and 8in converter will be about 6 1/2.
Jason Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 06:47 AM   #3
Henrys Toy

Liked 466 Times in 159 Posts
Smile Re: Metric 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoFD1 View Post
Good morning to all,
There are two different depth "Stock" pans for the Metric 200 transmission.
Put in 5 quarts, including at least a half quart in the converter, and start car and check fluid level. Try to level car as best you can, i run mine through all the gears including reverse, then I check. Try to start with a little less and sneak up on it.
Hope that helps.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 07:56 AM   #4
SSGN

Liked 130 Times in 46 Posts
Question Re: Metric 200

I am just curious ,do most guys run stock pans and stock filters with there Metric 200 trans? I use 200R4 in my street cars. Thanks for the info
Kevin

Kevin
SSGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:25 AM   #5
Henrys Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN View Post
I am just curious ,do most guys run stock pans and stock filters with there Metric 200 trans? I use 200R4 in my street cars. Thanks for the info
Kevin
Good morning to all,
I have used Stock GM pans but recently switched to the cast pans on my THM200's. They hold a little extra fluid, and they help strengthen the transmission case overall. I'm sure there are many other racers that use a Stock sheet metal pan without any issues. With my Cast pan I converted to the Chrysler Torqueflite Filter like I used to use in my PowerGlides. They have a good filteration area. Turbo Action sells these pans and filter kits. They fit well also, plus Paul instructs the Racer on what depth to set the fluid level and that has worked well for me.
A word of caution here - When removing and installing the bolts that hold this all together, please look at the condition of the threads in the pan rail.
These transmissions are a good age by now and if they have been serviced any amount of times also means they have had the hardware " over tightened " a couple of times. I have installed 5/16 x 18 Heli Coils in both of my transmissions pan rails and can tighten the hardware properly.
Have an enjoyable day.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Old 01-25-2024, 09:34 AM   #6
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrys Toy View Post
Good morning to all,
I have used Stock GM pans but recently switched to the cast pans on my THM200's. They hold a little extra fluid, and they help strengthen the transmission case overall. I'm sure there are many other racers that use a Stock sheet metal pan without any issues. With my Cast pan I converted to the Chrysler Torqueflite Filter like I used to use in my PowerGlides. They have a good filteration area. Turbo Action sells these pans and filter kits. They fit well also, plus Paul instructs the Racer on what depth to set the fluid level and that has worked well for me.
A word of caution here - When removing and installing the bolts that hold this all together, please look at the condition of the threads in the pan rail.
These transmissions are a good age by now and if they have been serviced any amount of times also means they have had the hardware " over tightened " a couple of times. I have installed 5/16 x 18 Heli Coils in both of my transmissions pan rails and can tighten the hardware properly.

Have an enjoyable day.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Would you have a part number for the Chrysler Torqueflite Filter you use?
Thanks
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 11:57 AM   #7
Henrys Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barsamian View Post
Thanks
Good morning to all,
I don't have a part number but you can contact Paul Forte at Turbo Action.
Or contact either Chris or Craig at TSR in New Hampshire and order a filter from them. There is a metal screen filter used for a trans with all steel parts and there's also a "cloth style filter" that's used for filtering out the finer material that the Aluminum parts generate during use. The other outlet I've seen was B&M , maybe through a Jeg's or Summit. A good many race trans builders use these filters in Power Glides so they should be around. I'm confident the Boy's at TSR can set you in the right direction.
Have a Good Day.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Old 01-28-2024, 07:39 PM   #8
jmantle

Liked 137 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barsamian View Post
Thanks
In most cases all you have room for is the early small Dacron filter used up till 1965, the common trade number (Transend) is 12010A or the Mopar number was 3621456 .If you have room for the larger filter, 12010C. The early filters had 2 feed holes as they were used with transmissions that still had a rear pump
Old 01-28-2024, 11:17 PM   #9
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN View Post
Kevin
Kevin, Short answer..Yes, some do. Not sure about most,
. There are more deep aluminum pans available today.

Now a 200 4r is a completely different deal. The filter feeds on the top.
Those are either modified or fitted with a 700 type deal..But you probably already knew that ;-)

Last edited by Mark Yacavone; 01-28-2024 at 11:20 PM.
Mark Yacavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-10-2024, 12:46 AM   #10
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

I was told 5/8” inch below the pan rail running in neutral warm fluid. Is where your supposed to run the fluid level on a stock pan. On a deep aluminum pan it can be lower I was told. But I cannot remember how much lower. Does anybody know? I was just told too high kills significant ET. I think mine with a deep aluminum pan. Is at 1” hot running in neutral. I have not run the car since switching from TH 350 to this 200. Should it be lower since I’ve got the deep pan. If so how much lower? Thanks in advance for any help you can give here.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked