Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 09-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #31
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,605 Times in 375 Posts
Default Re: Drag racers stand for the National Anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
Kapernick had the courage of his convictions to take an unpopular stand which ultimately led to him losing his job. Muhammad Ali similarly had the courage of his convictions in 1967 when he refused to be drafted which led to him being banned from boxing for 3 years. Both men put their personal feelings and convictions above their jobs and monetary gains.
Really. ?
Ali was banned. Fought in the courts to get what he wanted and was a world champion
Kaepernick wasn’t even a starting quarterback on his team and a millionaire and he’s thinks he’s aBlack Panther 1969 tough guy. Get real.
He blew up his potential job interview. Kunta Kinta shirt at his own tryout
Not A Hero.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #32
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts

There was a time before video cameras where these rioters would have tripped on a curb and broke both arms, his nose, a jaw, and had teeth fall out. Just like the Marines a few years ago that caught a guy that stabbed a fellow Marine. Oops, he fell down.

Last edited by SStockDart; 09-28-2020 at 05:12 PM.
SStockDart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:02 PM   #33
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
There was a time before video cameras where these rioters would have tripped on a curb and broke both arms, his nose, a jaw, and had teeth fall out. Just like the Marines a few years ago that caught a guy that stabbed a fellow Marine. Oops, he fell down.
Unfortunately the same thing happened to a lot of innocent people of color. Kind of what this anthem stuff is all about.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #34
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
The real question is. Why did it workout that way for him?

Stan
Since I am a '49er fan I'll see if I can help you....

He was drafted after some scouts bought in to the "pistol", not shotgun, offensive game plan. Coach Jim Harbaugh built a complete offense around Krapernack to utilize the pistol offense. Krapernack was not able to read defenses and had not accuracy or touch on his passes. As an option running QB he was OK, until they came up with defenses that made him think about his options and most of the time it was wrong. His QB rating was so low that he was benched and became the second or third string QB. I don't know what was in his contract, but he became a free agent and he wasn't good enough to be signed. The NFL has welcomed back dog fighters, spousal abusers, murderers, dope dealers and users, if you had the TALENT TO PLAY THE GAME. Krapernack didn't.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:06 PM   #35
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
Kapernick had the courage of his convictions to take an unpopular stand which ultimately led to him losing his job. Muhammad Ali similarly had the courage of his convictions in 1967 when he refused to be drafted which led to him being banned from boxing for 3 years. Both men put their personal feelings and convictions above their jobs and monetary gains.
Really,received Five Million Dollars in 2019 in a settlement from the NFL for doing nothing.

Last edited by davidhuff; 09-28-2020 at 09:08 PM.
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #36
Fred Elsass

Liked 230 Times in 30 Posts

I would join in the discussion but the person who controls the content of posts does not appreciate my opinion.

SMSgt Fred Elsass. USAF, Retired
1962-1989
Fred Elsass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:59 PM   #37
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Yes it would be nice not to be having fools burning down buildings, looting everything in sight, paint getting spilled all over streets, AND waking up in the morning and not hearing about another police officer or officers getting shot. Gee, things sure were different, and nice like Sunoco 260 for $.32 a gallon.
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:24 AM   #38
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

There are an estimated 40,056 homeless veterans living in the United States. Forty percent of these homeless veterans live in places "not suitable for human habitation." I have put in way to many and still the VA shrugs their shoulder and telsl me "we just don't have enough space to accommodate any additional people". I will take a knee until this wrong is righted. Semper fi

Ed Kaatz
Mustanger, USMC (ret)
Service Officer, American Legion Post 9
Nevada Veterans Advocate
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:45 AM   #39
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts

Eddie, there are many wrongs in today's world and unfortunately the plight of so many veterans is but one of them. But is nothing sacred? Can we not all stand during the National Anthem to at minimum pay allegience to the ideals it represents and to pay honor to all those who served in hopes of those ideals being one day realized (within the grasp of humans at least)? There is surely some things that we can honor as being sacred.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 12:34 PM   #40
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

I don't want this to become a political issue. I hold the Constitution of the country sacred, the rights to VA Benefits is protected by that very document. The Federal Circuit held in Cushman v. Shinseki that applicants for veterans‘ benefits have a constitutionally protected property interest in their application for benefits. Accordingly, such applicants are entitled to constitutionally prescribed procedures in connection with their claims for benefits under the terms of the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution as is the right to peaceful protest.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote