HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 09-30-2021, 07:50 AM   #1
JCChildress

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default SCORPION Shaft Rockers

I know Jesel and T&D are the preferred setup and some use Crower, but I'm curious if anyone has used the Scorpion Shaft Rockers. If so, how did they hold up ? What kinda spring pressures were you using ? Thanks
JCChildress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
curtis reed

Liked 89 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: SCORPION Shaft Rockers

I don't have experience with Scorpion I just wanted to offer a couple alternatives. Look at LGM and Harland Sharp also.
curtis reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #3
G Anderson

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I tried to run the scorpion--- but returned them thru Summit---there was a design/Mfg. flaw---Trying to remember but I think it was the center hole over the top of the head bolts that was the problem--it was counter bored so deep and then the clearance machining over the top of the head bolts left only about 3-4 threads left----I called Scorpion and spoke with the engineer they were aware of the problem and supposedly were changing mounting bars but this was going to take 6mo. probably wanted to use up existing inventory----no other problems with them other than that---that was in 2018 so probably fixed by now---I ended up running LGM no complaints other than they sent me 1.6 Intakes instead of the 1.7 I had ordered----I only run 560# open
G Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:43 PM   #4
Ed McLawhorn Jr.

Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts

I have run them since 2014 with no major issues. I had a couple rockers the roller tips had some dark spots appear. Called them and they replaced all 16 rockers at no cost. This was around 2017. I honestly can't say anything negative about their customer service. I ordered an extra intake and exhaust rocker set recently and it was on my front porch in 4 days. I run about 900 open pressure.
Ed McLawhorn Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote