HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #11
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: We're Evolving!

Bobby Z hit it right on, best thing that could have happened. Before long everyone will be running Nostalgia Drags with different groups or Orgs. Look a NMCA, any mod as long as it looks original, hell half the mopars dont even run the correct hood scoop and tech......".looks good to me "
Old 01-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Bob, If only there were rules and specs to Nostalgia so it werent all Dial In but I understand . It is hard to police and hard to justify the costs today...
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #13
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

I believe that the ultimate goal is to have a 1-2 day race with a limited field. I see only 16-32 cars that are on a invitaion list. You qualify for the list based on how you do at the divisionals etc. A large entry fee, with a so-so payout.

Yes I believe that SS will eventually be turned into a ci/pd description with a spec carb. For example your car came with a 283 so you fit into a ci/pd that fits your weight break. You can have any heads and a spec carb. Then teck would have nothing to do but pump it and check the carb/weight/gas and they are done.

Yes I believe that Stock will gradually turn into a 9" Super Stock class. Roller rockers everyone allowed solid roller cams with the stock lift. We do not know what they have in store. But, I have been around this for years and if there are several different ways that NHRA can go on a decision, there decision will typically be the least logical one and one that usually costs the most.

When a rule is changed to "enhance" it opens up other doors that effect other things. If the rule on the lifters would have been lets say 120pds seat pressure checked on the car for all cars then you would not have the lifters, cams and valve train expense we have and the power that comes with it, then the extra HP we earn on our combo.....NHRA wants us and needs us to fill in some and to receive our money. There is no one in the high ups of NHRA who is/was a racer so they have no idea what it takes to race.

I love to race and the challenge of making my combo better. I have only raced at Divisionals and other meets and not Nationals. I can not easily get 5 days off to race a event or leave on a Wed just to get a parking spot at a divisional and more that 1 time run.

If NHRA would let there Divisional tech directors make there decisions and stand by them while having every division communicate with the other divisions it would help alot. If NHRA would just be consistent with there rules that would help alone.

I believe that the sportsman classes could be marketed in such a way that it would be very inviting to companies of all kinds. Thus helping NHRA and in turn help the racers.

Sorry Billy I got a little off subject...............
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Heck, just last night I grew a third arm out of my chest and my wheezie fell off! Now I should be able to get half again as much work done on my car and not have to spend nearly as much money on other things!
But seriously, Evan Smith posted an excellent reply on another thread about how Stock has been "evolving" through the years and the subject seems worth (to me) discussing.
It is obvious that NHRA has (through want or need) been scaleing back it's Tech Dept. and it's policing and interpretation of it's rules has become less and less soooooo what will Stock Eliminator eventually "evolve" into?
Please, no arguing and no personal agendas just your own personal thoughts on where we're headed.
I honestly do believe that we will wind up being a "9"tire, flat hood" catagory given all of the cutbacks in tech and the way the rules have become "liberalized" over the last 30 years. Kind of a "Make it look Stock and put a crate motor in it" Bracket eliminator. Or we will wind up being an eliminator with maybe a dozen approved combos (dare I say "crate motors?) that NHRA can police.
Just my thoughts and opinions. Put on your thinking caps boys!
Also, there are some very smart people on this forum and it seems to me that the same half a dozen people are the only ones posting. Now does that mean the others don't care, aren't as smart as I give them credit for being or are too smart to be posting on this forum?!?
Billy Billy. Your third arm is probably a combo of hair and your meds. And as far as vthe Wheezie goes, What is the air temperature there? (wait till it warms up a little). LOL LOL

Down here my season begins in one month and I've got to do some work on the car. So I don't have time for these What If!!!! Lets do That, stuff.

Last edited by art leong; 01-06-2010 at 05:35 PM.
art leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #15
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: We're Evolving!

Quote:
Guys! Come on, we've only had 6 replies and we're already O/T to NHRA sucks and his d**k is bigger than mine!
I think that topics like this can be important! Did I say that? Woah!
Come on Terry? Where are we going ? Let's hear some real opinions about where our sport might be heading in the future. Come on, you smart guys out there! Don't make me call you out!
BTW, if you can measure your d**k by the horsepower you're making, I've got the smallest d**k out there so don't be shy.
(no offense to anyone named D**k!)
What do I think? I believe Robert Simpson's post is not far off of what could be in the not so distant future. Less tech problems for the associations is a sure bet. The HP game is a joke and requires to much man power to keep up with even though there are some who would do it for nothing if allowed. As for tech (tear downs) the Marty Barretts and Greg X;s are long gone. No one wants to do it anymore or has the knowledge to keep up with it only to be over ruled. Limited fields most likely to shorten the number of days at the track and the number of hours to put on a circus like show. It may not come in a year or two but its coming like it or not. I will think more about this and post when I can be more sure of what Im saying.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #16
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,456 Times in 1,957 Posts

Bob I got one of all the hoods
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
Guys! Come on, we've only had 6 replies and we're already O/T to NHRA sucks and his d**k is bigger than mine!
I think that topics like this can be important! Did I say that? Woah!
Come on Terry? Where are we going ? Let's hear some real opinions about where our sport might be heading in the future. Come on, you smart guys out there! Don't make me call you out!
BTW, if you can measure your d**k by the horsepower you're making, I've got the smallest d**k out there so don't be shy.
(no offense to anyone named D**k!)
Billy, I just looked in my crystal ball (the one I used to predict the exact index hits), and well, I don't want to get your thread deleted or moved to the lounge, but let me say this:

I think we have a lot more to worry about in the next ten years, than what Stock Eliminator
evolves into.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
Larry Munk

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

(Billy, I just looked in my crystal ball (the one I used to predict the exact index hits), and well, I don't want to get your thread deleted or moved to the lounge, but let me say this:

I think we have a lot more to worry about in the next ten years, than what Stock Eliminator
evolves into.)

AMEN
Larry Munk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #19
Pat Cook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Billy, I just looked in my crystal ball (the one I used to predict the exact index hits), and well, I don't want to get your thread deleted or moved to the lounge, but let me say this:

evolves into.
Mark, where do you think we heading in the next ten years?
Think the economy is going to tank even harder than it already is? what could be the next big thing to prop up the economy? Can't be the housing industry.....going to have be some tech thing...

NHRA stock eliminator, who knows what is store for that, It will probably evolve into a high dollar, limited field deal......
Pat Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #20
magnumv8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems to me that since you can move "up or down" one class from your natural class that 33% of classes could eliminated with the stroke of a pen.....my thinking may be flawed or not logical but, if all the class structures, schedules, tech, horsepower, etc,etc,etc, were logical these concerns and discussions wouldn't happen.....we would just show up and "run what we brung".....

I can see the future being no tech for legality only for safety, class structure "index only"...1/4 second indexes (no dial ins and a 50 to 75 percent reduction in number of classes which gives you a LOT more heads up runs)....this makes everyone competitive, a good chance for big car counts more sponsor interest and bigger paydays.....the diversity of vehicles would be greater....I can picture this turning into an event with 200,300,400 entrants easily....a side program for like classed legal stockers and super stockers could be run heads up for the ones that are there during qualifying and they could be combined into the index eliminator once it begins.....

I don't have the connections or money to do it myself or I would be doing more than working it out on paper

I have my stocker almost done and I would prefer to run others in my "natural class" but I have a stronger urge to COMPETE....when I am ready just tell me where and when and I will be there and I KNOW that I am not the only one that feels this way.....

D L Rambo....
magnumv8 is offline   Reply With Quote