HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Factory Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-07-2021, 09:00 PM   #11
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts
Default Re: New Comp Eliminator A/FX Class

In reading through the class rules, it sounds like NHRA has plans to mess it up already. If I am wrong, please let me know, but this is how I read it.

From the top of page 49 - - -Note: NHRA may adjust (minimum weights, supercharger pulley ratios, etc) at any time to control performance and maintain parity of the category.

I understand that it is their show, but what a way to bring in a new category that could be the best thing in a few years. My rant is over, sorry.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:55 PM   #12
SwillRacer

Liked 5 Times in 1 Post

I feel like they have to put that in there in the case that a particular combo runs away with the class. But let's hope the NHRA takes a hands-off approach and encourages the OEM's to work with their racers to improve their products if they fall behind. Let the factory wars re-commence!! If managed correctly, this class could be epic.

This class would deserve it's own Discovery Channel show!!! Or at least a web series. And I'm not even joking. What do race fans, well, REAL race fans argue about more than which brand is better???? It's the age-old motorsports arguement. Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge. Does anyone have the phone number for Hollywood? I think I'm going to give them a call.....

Last edited by SwillRacer; 11-08-2021 at 01:06 PM.
SwillRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:41 PM   #13
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

Very good interview with Brian Lohnes and Lonnie Grim on www.nhra.com about the new A/FX class.
Liked
Old 11-09-2021, 08:11 AM   #14
pbcbob

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

now that all 3 mfg have pushrod engines, why not use them? lose the blowers which the mfg keep changing to screw up the "parity", I assume faithful copies of stock bodies have a lot of drag compared to current pro stock cars, which body has the front overhang advantage?
pbcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:08 PM   #15
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,635 Times in 506 Posts

We really dont need another category of race cars. Adding another category of cars that take a lot of time from the program and eat up the pit space so this is just going to drop the quota numbers for the sportsman racers. Next they will be racing electric cars too. There is not enough time to run what they have now much less adding a class like this that will be the same **** fanning the doors and adjusting the wheelie bars at the pre stage line. All of this crap takes time. They will once again have to look at dropping some classes from the national events.
Actually it might be a cool class with the manual gear boxes and clutches if done right. Most fans dont like pro stock so I dont think they will flock to the track to see these cars run. Maybe they will run these at selected events where they dont have pro stock and get rid of the mountain motor cars. I assume this will be a national event only class like Factory stock.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:58 PM   #16
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,411 Times in 1,682 Posts

Keep an eye on the magician's other hand here for the misdirection.
He's got something up his sleeve, and it won't turn out well for some other class.

BTW, we've already had F-actory X-perimental for about 12 years now, haven't we?
Old 11-11-2021, 06:05 PM   #17
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

I love the idea but once again this is a class of $250,000 race cars that are price prohibitive for 99% of us. And those with the money to run one will demo whatever class they put them in.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:23 PM   #18
Stickshift

Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hill View Post
"Aftermarket planetary or clutchless transmission with a maximum of five forward speeds
and reverse permitted. Automatic transmission prohibited."

This class is going to be cool as hell!

This is what is going to make me watch the class. I’d rather they had to shift them manually, but it’s still better than a boring automatic.
Stickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-12-2021, 11:03 AM   #19
BRETV

Liked 596 Times in 147 Posts

We all know that most FS cars will switch over to the A/FX class. So why don't they make the FS class an NA class. No need for 2 classes with power adders. You can run a stick or auto. That would showcase the MFG's NA motors. We need some NA heads up classes! IMHO

Bret Velde
2003 ??/SA
BRETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #20
Dyno

Liked 525 Times in 173 Posts

The new FX class is an all new tube chassis car. I do not see racers taking complete new race cars and cutting them up.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote