HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Mike Gardner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 69 Camaro Value??

What do you think this car advertised on craigslist is worth?? Just curious.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...801003462.html

Thanks

Mike G
Mike Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts
Default Re: 69 Camaro Value??

might be a little high but how many 69 Camaros are out there that most of the work has been done to and has all the parts to complete it???---how bad do ya want i?? I'd go in a lot lower and see what the seller comes back at---how long has it been up on Craigslist too
FED 387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Is black the original color?
I had one with that color interior and I remember it with a green headliner so the new black one would be incorrect.
No a/c, bad economy, lots of factors to consider.
The above stated question is the most important..."How bad do you want it?"
It does appear to be a great driver and mostly unrestored. For me, I would rather buy one like this than one where you cannot "see" the car as it truly is.
Car looks solid and if I was a serious buyer for a 69 Camaro, I would go put my own eyes and hands on it before making an offer.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Doesn't sound right to me and does not look right. If I had a Camaro totally apart and down to the bare front sub frame to paint it......I am not thinking it would look so grubby under the hood when I put it back together.....

It appears to be a real base car...NO SS/ NO RS.....350/255? or was it a 2 barrel 350/250 hp. I'd never pay that kind of money for one that looked like that.......I don't recall many '69's being black unless they were Z/28's with white stripes....
Old 01-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Doesn't sound right to me and does not look right. If I had a Camaro totally apart and down to the bare front sub frame to paint it......I am not thinking it would look so grubby under the hood when I put it back together.....

It appears to be a real base car...NO SS/ NO RS.....350/255? or was it a 2 barrel 350/250 hp. I'd never pay that kind of money for one that looked like that.......I don't recall many '69's being black unless they were Z/28's with white stripes....
Rich - You're spot on - until someone fixes the "other" things mentioned you might as well buy a done one ...............and you're also right about the base thing plus the black issue .
Old 01-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Mike Gardner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are all correct. I was basically looking for a value on the car from the esteemed racer braintrust.

The owner, a woman, called me back about the car yesterday. She says she has owned the car for 18 years. It was originally green on green w/ black vinyl top. The original owner had the car painted white. This owner had the car stripped and painted blcak with the removal of the vinyl top. When asked about the mileage on the car she woulndt give me a straight answer and told me it had between 24000 and 44000 miles. I had to laugh at that.

Anywho, I think the car is a $7000.00 to $8000.00 car. She says she has 5 people that are willing to give her the 14k, i say have a nice day!

Thanks for your replys guys!

Mike G
Mike Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
mannymen

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

If anyone gets that car for 8K then that is a steal. Even if the numbers didn't match anything then $9500-10K would be more like it. $11K would be approaching the high side even for non numbers matching 69. Solid and relatively clean 69 Camaro drivers are not common.

I spent a decade looking for one at a good price and ended of paying $13K for a 69 superstock roller that needed to be completely redone and have the frame straightened.

GOOD LUCK on that one, but times are hard now, so you might find a better deal.

Last edited by mannymen; 01-19-2012 at 12:31 PM.
mannymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Here is one that sold at Barrett-Jackson yesterday...

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...&aid=443&pop=0

A Crazy price for the condition from what I can see ....

So there must be a lot of people that are still willing to pay silly high prices for these cars.....Not me.....thats for sure...
Old 01-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
jim powers

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

if there are 5 people willing to give her her price why is she bothering even talking to anyone else, that car is way overpriced for its condition and when you see it in person you"ll probably pass out!!!
jim powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The price varies to the beholder. Depending on what your plans for the car are will make a difference. If the car is a driver --COLOR-- is huge. The most popular color (not mine) is hugger orange. I happen to like cortez silver or garnet red. Nothing like a 69 Z/28 in garnet red with black stripes--just nasty !
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote