HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 11-19-2020, 08:49 PM   #1
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts
Default Fast XFI problem

We have a fast XFI 2.0 fuel injection set up on a 550 hp engine it doesn’t matter how you set the map or any of the curves in the program after running about four seconds the fuel injection go stupid rich. It doesn’t matter where you set it Up it just goes crazy Rich to the point it blows Blacksmoke out has anybody had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it thank you for your replies
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:45 PM   #2
Robin Lawrence
Sponsor

Liked 621 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: Fast XFI problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbjr View Post
We have a fast XFI 2.0 fuel injection set up on a 550 hp engine it doesn’t matter how you set the map or any of the curves in the program after running about four seconds the fuel injection go stupid rich. It doesn’t matter where you set it Up it just goes crazy Rich to the point it blows Blacksmoke out has anybody had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it thank you for your replies
Look at your grounds. The injectors are triggered on their ground side. Any poor grounds can pull on the signal and cause the injectors to run open a lot longer than they should.

Robin
Old 11-19-2020, 11:01 PM   #3
Greenlight

Liked 70 Times in 18 Posts

You may have accidentally "enabled" one of the various power adder features.

Go to "view", "power adder global parameters", and disable "PA mode enable" and select "PA fuel tables off".
Greenlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:13 AM   #4
denbreeden

Liked 77 Times in 34 Posts

Make sure your MAP setting is 1 bar. If it is set on 2 or higher it will flood the motor with fuel.
denbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #5
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 172 Times in 38 Posts

do any of the numbers in the fuel map change? or in the timing map?
Angelo DiTocco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #6
Signman

Liked 198 Times in 73 Posts

Make sure the changes you are making are actually being saved to the ECU. Disconnect then reconnect and check tables edited.

Swap USB cable and serial to usb adapter. I chased my tail for most of a season because my usb cable was bad.

Change O2 sensor to new or known good sensor. If you are running closed loop which is a good idea when the map is out to lunch or data logging open loop the values will be off.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:37 PM   #7
Bruce Witherspoon

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbjr View Post
Your PM is full.
Sure I can give you a hand if you want to give me contact info, or if you want to email me your .gct file.
Bruce
wbspoon@ameritech.net
Old 11-20-2020, 11:25 PM   #8
StockerStang912

Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts

If it's not a technical/electrical issue like a few have mentioned, I agree with Greenlight on checking the Power Adder Global Parameters. We chased our tails for 2 months when it was inadvertently enabled after installing a new harness and had similar symptoms (loading up with fuel when a certain RPM was reached).
Old 11-21-2020, 09:14 PM   #9
Signman

Liked 198 Times in 73 Posts

Had a couple of problems a few years ago that I chased for a couple months at least. Timing would move on its own particularly when the engine would heat sink.

Set everything up at the track in my pit running good drove perfect to the lanes. Sat with hood closed for half hour start the car to make a run black smoke could not do a burnout barely ran driving it off the track. About half way to my pit it starts running fine. WTF? Fooled with it a bit then just packed up and went home that evening. Decided until I figured it out the car is parked.

There were 2 problems:

Am using the MSD dual synch distributor my engine is a tune port Chevy and wanted to run sequential. The pickup under the cap which is the crank signal was not tightened correctly at the factory even with the silicon they apply when the engine would get hot the pickup would move changing the timing. Tech West Racing gave me the heads up on that issue MSD tested the distributor of course there was not problem replaced the part with a little conversation..............

The second issue had me throwing stuff.

Would lock the timing at idle in the ECU then manually set timing with timing light. Verified the laptop and with timing light on the damper matched engine running good. Shut the car down unlocked timing, start it and runs like crap: timing moved 30 degrees.

Was completely lost it was hot as hell frustrating and near a meltdown. Took a break and decided to check every menu, every table and switch. XFI has a switch for Flex Fuel and a timing change table it operates if you use it and have the sensor. Was aware of it but wrongly assumed if the switch to enable the feature was OFF the table had no influence. Ahemm............

For ****s and giggles since had sweat out my 5th or 6th bottle of water checked the table and saw it was set to change timing 30 degrees. Zeroed it across the table made sure it was downloaded to the ECU shut down and restated the ECU checked to verify then started the car finally running good timing matched. Later found out FAST had a PDF and Video outlining what to look at and changes to make when using the software version had updated the ECU with. I was throwing stuff for a while afterword.
Keep in mind I don't normally throw stuff my nature as an Italian is to blow everything to smithereens so normally control that just calm down and move on since getting locked up or blown up is not an option.

Check all tables and switches you are using and not using.

Software is not as good as we think. If your not using a feature make sure it is switched off and the table is not in play.

If you are using a long USB cable to reach the car from inside the trailer they do not last forever there is electronics which boost the data over the long length it breaks down and fails. Chased that for weeks in 2018.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:16 AM   #10
countrypuppy4865

Liked 183 Times in 62 Posts

Check individual cylinder fuel tables. When using 2.05 software with older tune it has some weird numbers in there.
countrypuppy4865 is offline   Reply With Quote