HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-14-2022, 08:59 PM   #1
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,088 Times in 1,229 Posts
Default NHRA FX Class... 2024 Mustang

Hey guys, I was just watching the live feed introducing the 2024 Mustang. If you are a Ford guy its kind of exciting, but its a typical new car launch... nothing special I thought. The new Mustang looks nice, but what I did not expect was Ford Performance getting back into building drag cars. I grabbed a few shots of the new FX class Mustang. I have no details on the FX Mustang, and no info if there will also be a Cobra Jet version for the Showdown or if they will even use the Cobra Jet name. It was a total shock to me that they are still in the dragracing business... what a breath of fresh air.

Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:28 AM   #2
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts
Default Re: NHRA FX Class... 2024 Mustang

...and they kept the Line Lock option too!
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:46 AM   #3
Henrys Toy

Liked 465 Times in 159 Posts
Smile Re: NHRA FX Class... 2024 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Hey guys, I was just watching the live feed introducing the 2024 Mustang. If you are a Ford guy its kind of exciting, but its a typical new car launch... nothing special I thought. The new Mustang looks nice, but what I did not expect was Ford Performance getting back into building drag cars. I grabbed a few shots of the new FX class Mustang. I have no details on the FX Mustang, and no info if there will also be a Cobra Jet version for the Showdown or if they will even use the Cobra Jet name. It was a total shock to me that they are still in the dragracing business... what a breath of fresh air.

Good morning Ken and to all,
Kinda like Sex and Image - Performance sells cars. Drag Racing's quarter mile performance is an accepted " measure " of performance and regular people like ourselves can go to a local Drag strip and enjoy that performance. I'm all for it!

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 11:38 AM   #4
BG56

Liked 278 Times in 101 Posts

From the company who's laying off workers and gearing up for EVs. SMH Big Time!
BG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:42 PM   #5
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,088 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG56 View Post
From the company who's laying off workers and gearing up for EVs. SMH Big Time!
Hey man, if you want to go negative... please start another thread. Shaking My Head at you.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:41 AM   #6
Ralph A Powell

Liked 202 Times in 123 Posts

This is where Fords Dragrace $$$$$$$$$ is going!

SEVENTH GENERATION FORD MUSTANG IS HEADED TO LE MANS
By Alexandra Purcell
September 15, 2022 9:58 pm

The all-new seventh generation Ford Mustang hit the ground running at its reveal just last night, showing off completely redesigned exterior styling, an attractive engine lineup and a high-performance Mustang Dark Horse variant that will be the most capable 5.0-liter V8 street-legal Mustang ever. Additionally, The Blue Oval revealed its latest herd of motorsports-ready Mustangs, as the seventh-generation pony car will race across several classes and event types. One of those Mustang racers will return the nameplate to the iconic Le Mans endurance race.

Ford Racing exited the Le Mans 24 Hours after the 2019 running of the event, pulling the plug on its factory-backed Ford GT racing program at the end of the season. However, The Blue Oval’s hiatus from the endurance race will soon end, as the all-new seventh generation Ford Mustang GT3 will be eligible to race in the event’s 2024 running.

“Mustang is raced at all the great tracks around the world, but there is no race or track that means more to our history than Le Mans,” said Bill Ford, executive chair of The Stampede – the cleverly named debut of the all-new seventh-generation Ford Mustang. “It’s where we took on Ferrari and won in the 1960s and where we returned 50 years later and shocked the world again.”

Ford took Le Mans by storm with the GT 40 race car in 1964. Two years later, three Ford GT race cars took the top three positions at Le Mans. Mustang race cars ran at Le Mans in 1967 and again in 1997, and now, almost three decades later, the pony car will gallop once again in the tough race.

“Mustang will go back to Le Mans,” Bill Ford said. “Once again, we will Go Like Hell.”

We’ll have more on the S650 Mustang soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Mustang news and non-stop Ford news coverage.
Ralph A Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-17-2022, 12:15 AM   #7
Tom P

Liked 217 Times in 88 Posts

Speaking of FX class I see Bill Skillman is running in Comp in a FS/SM class Mustang.

Is that the new FX class?

It is good to see Ford still is catering to those of us who would no sooner want to sit in an electric car than an electric chair.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-17-2022, 05:39 AM   #8
Brian Oakes

Liked 398 Times in 110 Posts

i see another paper car coming to a drag strip near you and i know you Kenny you will have 1 ordered, lol
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-17-2022, 08:03 PM   #9
JHeath

Liked 370 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom P View Post
Speaking of FX class I see Bill Skillman is running in Comp in a FS/SM class Mustang.

Is that the new FX class?

It is good to see Ford still is catering to those of us who would no sooner want to sit in an electric car than an electric chair.
No,it isn't It a FX car,it is the 2014 black Cobra Jet that Bill drove in FSS when Drew drove the red 2018 Cobra Jet several years ago in FSS
JHeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:42 AM   #10
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,455 Times in 1,957 Posts

My guess is the Skillman team is gathering data!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote