Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-03-2022, 01:05 PM   #1
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts
Default Driver Interviews

New for '22!

Driver Interviews with Bobby Fazio will be its own segment and remains focused on promoting the diehard and passionate class racers of the NHRA Lucas Oil Series along some other categories and sanctioning bodies as well. Please subscribe to the YouTube page for all the latest content. I can't wait for the Gators next week to try out some new camera equipment! I will use this thread to post all Stock & Super Stock driver interviews going forward. Thank you!

Last edited by Bobby Fazio; 03-05-2022 at 02:14 PM.
Bobby Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 10:14 AM   #2
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Default Re: Driver Interviews

It's a beautiful day in Chandler, AZ so let's talk about the West Coast chassis building family's "Great White Whale". Did you know PMR Race Cars is guaranteeing a $10K Stock/Super Stock purse in Las Vegas on March 18-20, 2022? Please subscribe to my YouTube page for all latest Driver Interviews content!

Last edited by Bobby Fazio; 03-05-2022 at 02:15 PM.
Bobby Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 11:47 PM   #3
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 3,961 Times in 903 Posts

You really need to get Richie Pauley out in 7. As these guy's get old, the stories are lost.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:06 AM   #4
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

The young man from Louisville has come out firing in 2022, already snagging a divisional event win in Stock and Super Stock in his first two races. Here we revisit our interview from the 2021 Class Racers Revival from Madison, IL where Austin was driving Kevin Wells' big block Chevelle.
Please subscribe to my YouTube page for all the latest interviews.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:59 AM   #5
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4284spd View Post
You really need to get Richie Pauley out in 7. As these guy's get old, the stories are lost.
He's not on the list for Vegas and I was looking at going there

This Ohio native dusted to cobwebs off this 396ci beauty a few years back and shifted his way into the winners circle at the hugely popular Class Racer Nationals at Numidia Dragway in PA. Tom gives us a quick rundown of his father's old car that was once competing in Modified Production before being restored to Stock Eliminator trim. Subscribing to my channel can help me get to more races.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:34 AM   #6
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts

I'm sure you guys get LOTS of suggestions as to who you should interview.

So, I'll add my opinion.

Scott & Brad Burton.

Why ?

(1) Scott has built & driven some really quick old school Pontiacs, for the last 20 years or so.

(2) One of those cars was the quickest Pontiac powered Stocker ever built, which was a 1970 RAIV Formula Firebird.

(3) One was the '72 Bird that Brad has driven to 2 nat Stock championships. It's the same car he just drove to win BOTH races at the div 7 doubleheader.

(4) One Bird runs GT Super Stock & was #1 qualifier at one of the weekend div 7 races.

(5) They even have a '74 Bird Stocker that Scott's wife drives occasionally.

(6) Together, they've won quite a few races. Brad even won one of the Spring Fling bracket racing events, in his Stocker.

Bottom line is that with all the experience they've had building & racing mostly old school Pontiac powered, Stock/SS cars, they seem to be just the kind of guys you'd wanna interview.

Another good candidate is Bob Michael.

He has built & raced LOTS of Stock & SS Pontiacs thru the years. Not sure, but I assume he has more experience building & racing Stock/SS Pontiacs than anybody else. So, he should have a vast knowledge of not only the old school Pontiacs, but how racing has changed thru the years. He's definitely one of the veterans of the sport.

Last edited by oldskool; 03-07-2022 at 10:47 AM.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:23 AM   #7
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

The Burtons are also not on the list for Vegas unless they can enter later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
I'm sure you guys get LOTS of suggestions as to who you should interview.

So, I'll add my opinion.

Scott & Brad Burton.
There is no shortage of Third Generation Camaros in NHRA Stock and Super Stock drag racing but it is hard to find one with hot magenta valve covers! Take a look inside this clean car driven by the young lady from Louisville, who was out having fun in St. Louis last year. We hope to see her again this year in pursuit of the big money up for grabs at the 2022 Class Racers Revival. Please subscribe to my YouTube page for all latest interviews, maybe it will change the Gators forecast!

Old 03-08-2022, 02:42 PM   #8
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts

" The Burtons are also not on the list for Vegas unless they can enter later..."

I obviously don't know their schedule. Scott lives & CO, so is most always at the big Bandimere races.

I think Brad lives in WA state, so will probably run the Northwest Nats.

Both Brad & his Mom have FB pages. So, I assume someone could easily find out where they'll be racing.

I've enjoyed & shared your interviews of Don Kennedy, Leo Glasbrenner, & others. Greg Stanfield lives less than 80 miles from me. So I really enjoyed his interview.

We raced at the small Hallsville TX track, with his Dad, Howard Stanfield, back in the mid '70's. Greg was probably at many of those races. He may have driven their Stocker before he had a street driver license. Probably did. I remember that Mr. Howard was one of the nicest racers we ever met. He never failed to come by & say hi & ask how our cars were running. One of the really nice guys of the sport. Guessing that his son & grandson are also nice guys.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:25 PM   #9
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Ohh yes we can have a Burton on the podcast eventually for sure. I thought you meant an actual in-person driver interview, of which I am limited to the amount of traveling I can do especially in this economy, so I was hoping if I went to Vegas I could get a lot of good stories.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:38 PM   #10
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 3,961 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
Ohh yes we can have a Burton on the podcast eventually for sure. I thought you meant an actual in-person driver interview, of which I am limited to the amount of traveling I can do especially in this economy, so I was hoping if I went to Vegas I could get a lot of good stories.
Should go to the Division race!