Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-10-2020, 12:02 AM   #121
Randy Wells

Liked 989 Times in 302 Posts
Default Re: covid poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Randy,
What about the first 2 years when Paul ran the House and the big tax cuts with no marching spending cuts?

Stan
You guys dont get it do you, paul was a swamp Rat, that is why he is not there Trump is hunting down the swamprats, all I can say is trump did something that cost you, Paul, Bill and the dude from outside DC that owns a IT company money and the commie Bruce. Get over it get use to it, TRUMP 2020
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:08 AM   #122
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Stan, I'm not happy about the spending. They all spend too much . Everyone wants their piece of the pie ,which they think they're owed. If you and I don't pay for it, they'll come and take it away, at the point of a gun, if they have to. That's the system congress set up..
Look, there was only two choices. I went with the guy who took a pay cut from his other job, and doesn't take a salary. :-)
Old 06-10-2020, 12:12 AM   #123
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
You guys dont get it do you, paul was a swamp Rat, that is why he is not there Trump is hunting down the swamprats, all I can say is trump did something that cost you, Paul, Bill and the dude from outside DC that owns a IT company money and the commie Bruce. Get over it get use to it, TRUMP 2020
Randy, No name calling..Don't be calling Bruce a commie.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:16 AM   #124
Randy Wells

Liked 989 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Randy, No name calling..Don't be calling Bruce a commie.
Mark,

Sorry,

Last edited by Randy Wells; 06-10-2020 at 06:23 AM.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:09 AM   #125
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Gents, there is a laundry list of items that need to be addressed in this country. I am not happy with the taxes I have had pay in the last two years. I am not happy with the political climate and lack of leadership in this country. I am not happy with the treatment of Veterans, we talk a good line and thank them for their service but the system is no better than it was post Vietnam. I expect nothing from the government, a hand-up or a handout, I don't need a $600 check from the government, I make far too much money in retirement to qualify and that does not even include what my spouse makes. I don't drive a Prius or a Leaf but I don't drive a gas hog. I have a Volvo and my 2013 Chevy Truck to tow my enclosed trailer for the hot rod, I bracket race as I have done since I was 16. I am from a little town that is a wide spot in the road in northern Arizona. I have worked since I was 14 years old. I was raised by parents that gave me a sense of self, a moral compass and integrity. I have never done anything the easy way. I got drafted in 1970, joined the Marine Corps in 1972, was enlisted for 11 years and was an officer for 13 years. I retired, went to work for GE Engine Services for 3 years, got laid off. I returned to government employment and after 15 years retired as a GS-13. So as you see, I busted my *** to put a roof over my families head, put two girls through college to include graduate school. I am a registered independent, I have voted for both Republican and Democrat but I vote my agenda. I just turned 68 and I am a little long in the tooth to change my political point of view. Sorry for the rant.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #126
Paul Sarvas

Liked 173 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
I'm not happy about the spending. They all spend too much . Everyone wants their piece of the pie ,which they think they're owed. If you and I don't pay for it, they'll come and take it away, at the point of a gun, if they have to. That's the system congress set up..
I agree the government spends too much. We probably disagree how the money is spent. Mr. Yacavone are you saying you shouldn't have to pay any taxes? If you owe money to the government and you won't pay, what would you like them to do about it?

Quote:
Look, there was only two choices. I went with the guy who took a pay cut from his other job, and doesn't take a salary.
I held my nose and made a choice as well. The way I see it, there's more to life than how high your stash of money is. In my opinion it is pathetic that with 350 million people in this country our choices for president in the last election and the upcoming one in November was/are Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Donald Trump. Pretty fockin sad...

pS
Paul Sarvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #127
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post
I agree the government spends too much. We probably disagree how the money is spent. Mr. Yacavone are you saying you shouldn't have to pay any taxes? If you owe money to the government and you won't pay, what would you like them to do about it?

I held my nose and made a choice as well. The way I see it, there's more to life than how high your stash of money is. In my opinion it is pathetic that with 350 million people in this country our choices for president in the last election and the upcoming one in November was/are Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Donald Trump. Pretty fockin sad...

pS
No, to part one.. What have now is an atrocious system, where people have to pay others to decode an overly complex system.Then two different preparers can come up with two different amounts, and they are both acceptable..Something very wrong here.
BTW, I've been a proponent of The Fair Tax , for over 20 years.

Part two, I think we finally agree on something. But who would want the job, with the adversarial media? At least Trump is a tough guy from Queens, who's not afraid to fire back.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #128
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts

Quote:
Let me do this, before this thread goes away.

I'll cut right to the chase ,and then the back story, Certain PEEpS don't have much attention span.

The way I see it, liberals in motorsports walk around all day , stepping on their own ..you know whats, supporting causes and pols of the Left. I capitalize Left, because it is the religion of these folks.
We see the lawyers of the Left, teaming up with the homeowners of the Left, who hate racing, going before judges of the Left, to get racetracks put out of business, all across this country.
We also see them trying to pass noise ordinances, after they were dumb enough to buy near a racetrack.
We see the environmental whackos of the Left going after leaded racing fuels, in typical Lefty " save the planet" mode.
We see the politicians of the Left, raising taxes on the small and medium businesses, and forcing them to provide insurance or pay a fine. These are the people would build the parts we need such as pistons,cams, valves, etc. I personally have talked to probably 50 shops, who weren't hiring, and weren't investing in new equipment ,until Obama was gone. Now, under the Trump economy, they have expanded and are doing great.
There are also many minor league player of the Left involved here.

Bill, I grew up in the Big D land of Ct. too. My daddy told me I had to vote for the party of slavery and the KKK. How about yours? I didn't know any better. We weren't taught this in our schools..It was just JFK , all the time.
My mother was a State Rep. She ran unopposed a few times.No Republican would waste his money on a campaign there. I went to her victory parties and knew all her friends in politics. I had to register and vote "D" , otherwise she'd hear about it.
After I moved away and tried to start businesses, I found a new respect for conservatism. When I went back after 20 years, I found all my racing and hot rod friends listening to Rush, and reading Dr.Savage. I found out that 98% were conservative in their ideology. We never even talked about politics back in the 70's
But they must have used the same thought process I did.

Anyway, running long here.
Bottom line..If you're going to be a devotee of the Left, drive your Prius or ride your bicycle to work or play..Don't support motorsports , either as a racer or a professional spectator..In other words, walk the walk. Don't just talk the talk.. Don't be a hypocrite.

Any of "the squad" that has a cogent rebuttal, go for it ..No name calling , or I'll pull the whole thing.
Mark, I agree with most of what you said. I am not an environmentalist, I believe that climate change, if it is happening, is happening naturally, I hate seeing race tracks shutdown; if you are stupid enough to buy a house near a racetrack, that was your decision. When Englishtown closed it was like losing an old friend. I will never buy an electric car, a hybrid car, or anything other than a gasoline car.
My father and mother taught my sister and I that racism of any sort was evil. We were taught to never judge anyone by their race, ethnicity, or religion. I have lived my entire my life true to those principles.
This may sound simplistic, but I am a Democrat because I am a typical middle class American. The Republican party has traditionally been the party for the wealthy; while the Democrat party has traditionally been the party for the common man. It reminds me of a story that Hall of Fame NBA player Charles Barkley likes to tell - he happened to mention to his grandmother that he was a Republican, she questioned why because Republicans are for rich folks, to which Charles responded "but grandma, I am rich folks."
Good conversation Mark. We will agree to disagree on some things; but we also agree on many.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:19 PM   #129
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
Mark, I agree with most of what you said. I am not an environmentalist, I believe that climate change, if it is happening, is happening naturally, I hate seeing race tracks shutdown; if you are stupid enough to buy a house near a racetrack, that was your decision. When Englishtown closed it was like losing an old friend. I will never buy an electric car, a hybrid car, or anything other than a gasoline car.
My father and mother taught my sister and I that racism of any sort was evil. We were taught to never judge anyone by their race, ethnicity, or religion. I have lived my entire my life true to those principles.
This may sound simplistic, but I am a Democrat because I am a typical middle class American. The Republican party has traditionally been the party for the wealthy; while the Democrat party has traditionally been the party for the common man. It reminds me of a story that Hall of Fame NBA player Charles Barkley likes to tell - he happened to mention to his grandmother that he was a Republican, she questioned why because Republicans are for rich folks, to which Charles responded "but grandma, I am rich folks."
Good conversation Mark. We will agree to disagree on some things; but we also agree on many.
Thanks, Bill
I was hoping I'd hear back, before this thread went away, which I predict it will.
Only thing I might add, at this point, is I believe party demographics have changed, since the time of JFK. Look at the last electoral map, where the large bi-coastal cities are D strongholds, and a large portion of the folks ( I'm being polite here) are dependent on government largess to survive. Nothing much has changed here, for the better, since to War on Povery ,over 50 years ago.
Then look at Trump Country, where the farms and a lot of the manufacturing job still are. These are not rich Republicans, by any means.
Something to think about..
Old 06-10-2020, 02:18 PM   #130
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
The Republican party has traditionally been the party for the wealthy; while the Democrat party has traditionally been the party for the common man.
Tell that to Abraham Lincoln. He fought a civil war against the southern states that were full of wealthy, slave holding Democrats and was eventually murdered by one. I wish that my Father was alive for you to tell that to. He grew up dirt poor working on a mid-western farm in a State full of Democratic, acreage owning farmers. The Democratic party being for the "common man" is just decades-old "spin".

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked