HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 06-30-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts
Default Results from Cecil County and Race # 1 & 2

Congrats to our winners at Cecil County and Race # 1 of the 2020 Season!

Super Comp:
W: Randy Winfelder Jr
RU: Amanda Boicesco

Super Gas:
W: Bob Phillips
RU: George Smith

Super Street:
W: Bill Phillips
RU: Sean Lanigan

Race # 2 Winners

Super Comp:
W: Amanda Boicesco
RU: Kara Stine

Super Gas:
W: Iggie Boicesco
RU: Hank Smith

Super Street:
W: Kelli Barbato
RU: Keith Mayers

VP Racing Fuels / Brother Rigging Super Comp:
1 Amanda Boicesco
2 Randy Winfelder Jr
3 Kara Stine
4 Chris Mattern
5 Bill Hardifer

VP Racing Fuels / Brother Rigging Super Gas:
1 Bob Phillips
2 Iggie Boicesco
3 Rick Homan
4 Hank Smith
George Smith

VP Racing Fuels / Brother Rigging Super Street:
1 Kelli Barbato
2 Bill Phillips
3 Keith Mayers
4 Jay Neville
Sean Lanigan

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! I know the world has been crazy and nuts over the past 4 months but, we were able to finally put some of that behind us and have an enjoyable (YET HOT) weekend at the track. We did dance around some storms on Saturday Morning and got the finals done right before a downpour on Sunday afternoon but, we at least got 2 races in for the season.

I have to say, for the first weekend of racing and up against the Galot D2 race, guys making the early trip for the Million out in Michigan, a Super Comp & Street race at Lebanon Valley which took a few of our regulars and drivers just not being ready due to Covid-19, I’d say we had a pretty good car count. It was nice to see some new faces come out and play in the .90 classes and support the series, as I always say we CANNOT run a series without the support of the racers, because you are what makes this thing tick. Thanks to all the sponsors who support us and believe in the series and allow us to have the payouts that we do. Jim Halsey, Chad Porter and their crew did an awesome job on the track prep and keeping it in great shape all weekend despite rain, some oil downs and the track temps being close to 130 degrees both days.

Thank you to Crystal Fahnestock, Theresa Sent, Neil Senft and anyone else who helped cook during the BBQ. With the rains that came in the morning it did push things back a little later then we wanted. Congrats to all the winners & runner-ups this past weekend. Saturday saw Randy Winfelder Jr. take down Amanada Boicesco in SC, Out of retirement Bob Phillips take down George Smith in SG and in SST Bill Phillips took down Sean Lanigan. On Sunday, Amanda Boicesco reached the finals again and took home the win over Kara Stine in our first ever All-Women final, in SG Iggie Boicesco sealed the cdouble -up with a win over Hank Smith and in SST Kelli Barbato prevented Keith Mayers from making it back to back weekends in the winner circle. Congrats to all!!

We’ll be back at Cecil in two weeks for the Pig Roast on July 11 & 12th, so if you’ve been on the fence about trying out .90 racing, come out, take a shot and support the series and support Cecil County Dragway, It’s without the support of racers, that this stuff will just go away!!
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote