HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 09-26-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
flash

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default 02 sensors maintenence question

run a data logger with a 02 sensor with one on each side of motor on one primary tube about 8 inches down from flange. Can you clean these 02 sensors? or just replace them. they are 6 years old but only race about 10 times a year.C15 VP race fuel only.no additives .Normally they read about 13.40 range. This is a Autometer data logger. Last race when I go on the 2step-protree one side goes to like 19.40 and the other side stays at 12.98 that run. They always run really close together until now. When it goes on the stop they equal back out the rest of the run. I can pull them out and recalibrate them in fresh air, but if I have them out can I clean them, or just buy 2 new ones and start fresh.
Checked the carb and nothing is stopped up or looks anything out of the norm. Reason to look at car slowed down 3 hundreds 1st round and lost. it slowed down incrementally one thou, and then 2 more thous to the 330 and at the 8th mile was almost four hundreds off pace. The next race it seemed okay but lost 4.7 hundreds first round again. Inquiring minds would like opinions.
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:12 PM   #2
Jim Caughlin

Liked 691 Times in 207 Posts
Default Re: 02 sensors maintenence question

There is no fixing or cleaning them, they just flat don't live a long life when using leaded fuels. Once they have malfunctioned, they are toast and no option but to replace them. On the dyno, we tried using malfunctioning ones on unleaded fuel motors to see if they would clean up and start working again, no luck.
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
IXLR8

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 02 sensors maintenence question

My sensors have worked great since I began switching on ignition for about a minute before starting engine. This heats up the sensors and reportedly reduces carbon buildup.
IXLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked