HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-30-2021, 07:46 AM   #11
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts
Default Re: Scammer alert !!!!!

Tell him to send you a cashier check or certified check,before you send anything. If something does show up in the mail, take it to your bank and have them send it for collection through Federal Reserve. If it clears through the Fed. you win, as your bank and the Fed has just guarenteed the money.I guess I worked at a bank years ago for a reason.
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:08 PM   #12
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

OK Update!!!! Priority Mail envelope arrived today from Go-Animate INC. return address is 204East 2nd. Ave, San Mateo, CA 94401--- inside was a regular looking company check from Go-Animate with an address of 204 East 2nd Av3 Suite 638, San Mateo, CA 94401---check is drawn on Silicon Valley Bank 3003 Tasman Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054--NOT A CASHIERS CHECK FROM WELLS FARGO as he said he was sending---- Called the bank and the voice message said to contact the USPS about any checks as they will no longer answer any questions over the phone regarding balances etc. said to contact law enforcement--- L/M at Go-Animate to call me regarding the check see if they bother to call back---So I have a check that I'm going to ask my bank how to proceed with it as well BUT I still have my engine and parts ---not really going to pursue this any more than spend the next 15 minutes to verify if the check is good or not already filed a complaint with the fraud div USPS---- If anything happens I'll let everyone know--- FED 387

Last edited by FED 387; 07-30-2021 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 04:32 PM   #13
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy d View Post
How could anyone fall for something like this?
AMEN Tommy, if a deal is too good to be true …..
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-30-2021, 06:48 PM   #14
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

I DID NOT FALL FOR ANYTHING ---I have been approached on items I have had for in the past .They all use the same scenario which I am fully aware of--- I WAS JUST WARNING OTHERS OF THIS GUY AND HIS SCHEME--- have a nice day FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:16 PM   #15
CMcAllister

Liked 735 Times in 205 Posts

No one will pay any attention to this. Not enough money involved. No money or property lost. Not enough resources to put a dent in it. Happens a million times a day.

My advice is be glad you're not out anything, shred the check, stop providing personal information, use burner emails or forum PMs to vet people before providing phone numbers, addresses, etc., do not respond to similar "deals" in the future.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote