HOME FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2022, 01:04 PM   #31
Billy Nees
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: On a hilltop in Pa.
Posts: 3,763
Likes: 2,212
Liked 5,097 Times in 1,177 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post
classified
Switch them from side-to-side! Duh!

Meaning the ball joints that bolt to the spindles.
__________________
Billy Nees 1188 STK
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-24-2022, 05:54 PM   #32
James Hensler
Junior Member
 
James Hensler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Noblesville,In
Posts: 62
Likes: 3
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

I have seen a mock up pic but it look butchered
__________________
SS/AH
328X
James Hensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:57 AM   #33
Truth Slayer
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 2
Likes: 2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Sounds like the racers that feel their connecting rods and other parts are gong to come out of the oil pan and damage steering components during a run should start with a more basic idea for safety.
Find a better engine builder. Or maybe an oil filter cutting tool and use it before the connecting rod does the job for you. Check a bearing here or there during the weekend.
Changing rules for a whole class to make up for a racer or 2 with sporadic engine trouble seems to be extreme.
What racers that run this class wrote the letters for this rule? Iím thinking the 2 guys on here that support it did, and the other guy who is speaking out doesnít? They took the letters of 2 guys and made a major rule change? What does the other participants feel about this?
Truth Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:05 AM   #34
James Hensler
Junior Member
 
James Hensler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Noblesville,In
Posts: 62
Likes: 3
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Slayer View Post
Sounds like the racers that feel their connecting rods and other parts are gong to come out of the oil pan and damage steering components during a run should start with a more basic idea for safety.
Find a better engine builder. Or maybe an oil filter cutting tool and use it before the connecting rod does the job for you. Check a bearing here or there during the weekend.
Changing rules for a whole class to make up for a racer or 2 with sporadic engine trouble seems to be extreme.
What racers that run this class wrote the letters for this rule? Iím thinking the 2 guys on here that support it did, and the other guy who is speaking out doesnít? They took the letters of 2 guys and made a major rule change? What does the other participants feel about this?




You can quote me right now

I did not ask anyone for a rule change! I have enough on my plate getting my engines freshened up! I am not changing over as of right now!
__________________
SS/AH
328X
James Hensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-25-2022, 11:46 AM   #35
Doug Walker
Photographer
 
Doug Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 356
Likes: 29
Liked 1,927 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Slayer View Post
What does the other participants feel about this?
As I read the various comments as they get posted I can figure out just who is who by their names. Most of the time. Most of us know who is behind the stage names of SpyPhish, Dyno, Frito and SS/DA Hemi.

Others choose a name that is a total mystery. When the writer uses a stage name like Hacksaw, bubski or Truth Slayer, he gets to enjoy near total anonymity. They might be SS/AH participants or somehow involved in the class. We just don't know.

The comments may be well thought out but eventually get dismissed since nobody signed their name to the work.
Doug Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-25-2022, 12:46 PM   #36
James Hensler
Junior Member
 
James Hensler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Noblesville,In
Posts: 62
Likes: 3
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Then there are some of us who could care less what people think and use our real names! I choose to be one of these posters. I say what I think and some maybe agree and some might not! If the NHRA did something performance related I would not be in favor but this rack thing is already allowed in GT cars and aren’t these most of the damn SS cars in the lanes? Seems to me they are so what’s the big deal. Our engines are maxed out there is no HP left to find! Ray and Charlie have found all there is!
__________________
SS/AH
328X
James Hensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 01:27 PM   #37
bigshow2966
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 582
Likes: 215
Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

So they are allowing a QA-1 K-frame too?

I got no dog in this fight, but I do have an A-body with R&P steering buried in a stock k-frame. It's easy to put together, but does require a lot of thought to get rid of the bump steer. Mine has stock spindles but fabricated steering arms.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:16 PM   #38
Truth Slayer
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 2
Likes: 2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

I didnít see the replacement K Frame in the ruling. I guess this is a tubular piece? So you just show up with it and itís golden? I figured that you just put the rack in the production K Frame. Now we need better frame for safety and ease of installation?

How about the guys that are afraid of blowing up engines and damaging the steering and suspension in the cars they are driving, build GT cars? Or just make the rules where the modifications only allowed to cars running in GT? Then all is solved.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshow2966 View Post
So they are allowing a QA-1 K-frame too?

I got no dog in this fight, but I do have an A-body with R&P steering buried in a stock k-frame. It's easy to put together, but does require a lot of thought to get rid of the bump steer. Mine has stock spindles but fabricated steering arms.
Truth Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:55 PM   #39
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Derby City, USA
Posts: 2,847
Likes: 537
Liked 4,747 Times in 965 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Walker View Post
As I read the various comments as they get posted I can figure out just who is who by their names. Most of the time. Most of us know who is behind the stage names of SpyPhish, Dyno, Frito and SS/DA Hemi.

Others choose a name that is a total mystery. When the writer uses a stage name like Hacksaw, bubski or Truth Slayer, he gets to enjoy near total anonymity. .
Hacksaw is not a stage name, he is a real racer Ö.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:49 PM   #40
bigshow2966
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 582
Likes: 215
Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Slayer View Post
I didnít see the replacement K Frame in the ruling. I guess this is a tubular piece? So you just show up with it and itís golden? I figured that you just put the rack in the production K Frame. Now we need better frame for safety and ease of installation?
I saw it in Dyno's last post. Not sure if he is serious or not?
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.