HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Factory Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-22-2022, 02:27 PM   #1
garyc

Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Default tasca

what happened to Carl Tasca? haven't seen his cobra jet in a while?
garyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 289 Posts
Default Re: tasca

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyc View Post
what happened to Carl Tasca? haven't seen his cobra jet in a while?
I don't know what happened to Carl or most all of the other Cobra Jets.

They are certainly completive.

Hasn't Bill Skillman won in both Factory Stock Showdown and Comp Eliminator with his Cobra Jets?
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 04:56 PM   #3
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,342 Times in 408 Posts

Tasca, and most of the Cobra Jets, are tired of the NHRA repeatedly penalizing them by changing the size of the upper pulley on the supercharger. After Skillman beat Barton in the final at Norwalk; the pulley size was changed again. As a diehard Ford fan, I want to see the Cobra Jets compete; only 4 are entered for Indy.
Old 08-28-2022, 12:09 PM   #4
340Cuda
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
Tasca, and most of the Cobra Jets, are tired of the NHRA repeatedly penalizing them by changing the size of the upper pulley on the supercharger. After Skillman beat Barton in the final at Norwalk; the pulley size was changed again. As a diehard Ford fan, I want to see the Cobra Jets compete; only 4 are entered for Indy.
I am a Mopar fan and I want to see the Cobra Jets compete.

Ford probably would have been better off if in the beginning they had designed a push rod engine more similar to the Chevys and the Dodges. But that horse is out of the barn (pun intended).

It is a no win situation for NHRA, they either pull the Fords back or they will win everything.

From what I understand every time there are pulley changes cam, converter and gearing changes need to be made to get the last .001 out of the new combination which is a big burden on the racers.

I wish I knew the answer but I do not.
Old 08-29-2022, 08:04 PM   #5
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,048 Times in 762 Posts

The Class is too important for the fans of modern Detroit muscle and, there are many. The local streets are full of Mustangs Camaros and Challengers.

The N.H.R.A. needs to identify Factory Stock as a marquee show on Sunday. Pro Stock is uninteresting at least to me. If the sanctioning body placed their eggs in the FS basket it's a win for everyone including the racers, who must agree on "spec" components to enhance competition. It will benefit them in a business sense as well.

Oh, by the way Chevrolet, Ford and Chrysler are paying attention and welcome the marketing expertise of the N.H.R.A..

Motorsports is in crisis mode, deal with it.

Last edited by Frank Castros; 08-30-2022 at 07:52 PM.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:37 AM   #6
340Cuda
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
The N.H.R.A. needs to identify Factory Stock as a marquee show on Sunday. Pro Stock is uninteresting at least to me. If the sanctioning body placed their eggs in the FS basket it's a win for everyone including the racers, who must agree on "spec" components to enhance competition. It will benefit them in a business sense as well.
I think for Factory Stock to be a marque show they need to run at least as many races as Pro Stock. I am not sure how many of the current competitors can do that.