Old 09-02-2022, 12:14 AM   #11
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: College Debt. ….

[QUOTE=Dick Nearhoof;666500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
$10k doesn’t even pay for one semester. Wrong again Eddie The tuition at our local community college is $2,520.00 per semester. No need to go to UCLA or Stanford. The tuition keep rising because the university's have no skin in the game. biden SHOULD have gone to them and demanded they refund $10000.00/$20,000.00 to the government, now that would have made sense.
Where did I mention a community college. I personally went to four year undergraduate college.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:33 AM   #12
Dick Nearhoof

Liked 91 Times in 29 Posts

Yeah I realize that, But the clowns that can't afford 4 year universities shouldn't be attending them. No one mentioned corporate subsidies either, You did. It's not relevant to this thread, but that's what you do when you can't defend an inane policy. Hell I know a kid who graduated high school with my daughter, got a student loan and bought new wheels for his car, Now I have to pay for them? Just politicians rewarding bad behavior/decisions with a vote buying scheme SMFH
Dick Nearhoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 04:31 PM   #13
L.Fite

Liked 353 Times in 177 Posts

Is it too late for me to take out a college loan?
I need some race car parts!...
10,000 will move my project along a bit...
L.Fite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:58 PM   #14
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Nearhoof View Post
Yeah I realize that, But the clowns that can't afford 4 year universities shouldn't be attending them. No one mentioned corporate subsidies either, You did. It's not relevant to this thread, but that's what you do when you can't defend an inane policy. Hell I know a kid who graduated high school with my daughter, got a student loan and bought new wheels for his car, Now I have to pay for them? Just politicians rewarding bad behavior/decisions with a vote buying scheme SMFH
You can police this program but hands off corporate welfare? Do you see the dual standard here, the lack of responsibility to the taxpayer. Your daughter’s friend will have to apply and prove his attendance and need…good luck with that.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 06:21 PM   #15
Willyracer

Liked 57 Times in 24 Posts

[QUOTE=Dick Nearhoof;666500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
$10k doesn’t even pay for one semester. Wrong again Eddie The tuition at our local community college is $2,520.00 per semester. No need to go to UCLA or Stanford. The tuition keep rising because the university's have no skin in the game. biden SHOULD have gone to them and demanded they refund $10000.00/$20,000.00 to the government, now that would have made sense.

Maybe at Trailer Park U . But I help send 3 kids thru school.In
Ohio. 1 was 48k a year and 1 was 51k a year and 1 was 28k I started saving the day each was born .All 3 got scholarship that made it possible to
come out with degrees and not owe a arm and leg. That being said
a buy out off loans is not the answer. When I went to Miami in the 80’s
a semester was about 600$ By the time I got out the price double.
Thanks to the Reagan cuts. People don’t care what University charges
as long they put a football team on the field and play the players

Sorry for my rant also
Lol
Willyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 11:37 AM   #16
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,042 Times in 274 Posts

There are three entities responsible for college debt.

The students who borrow the money, especially those who borrow money to take classes which have absolutely ZERO career value.And have zero intention of ever getting a career capable of paying off the debt that they VOLUNTARILY incur.

The universities, who, slobbering for government guaranteed money, offer useless classes at exorbitant prices, and pay ludicrous salaries for professors who offer zero value in preparing students for life and a career.

The government, which, with tax payer dollars, created a self perpetuating and self increasing market for utterly useless "education", and one of the highest inflation rates in any segment of the market, with the lowest return on investment.

The people who will pay for all of this are the hardest working middle and lower classes who can least afford it.

This entire debacle is another example of massive expansion of the federal government and the attending overreach.There will be those who will attempt to deflect, and cry "well, what about ______?" naming any number of other government programs. Of course, that is all that they have, as they cannot discuss or dispute this subject, they can only deflect.

But hey, since they want to bring it up, here's one massive difference. Those government bailouts did apparently manage to keep thousands, if not millions, gainfully employed, off of the government dole, contributing to the economy, and even creating government revenue. Paying off debt, for useless degrees, is just more "free money", which will do absolutely nothing positive for the economy. And, to be clear, they're just giving away "free money" that they don't actually have, that they'll print, and/or borrow, and then rob working people to "pay it back". And of note, they're doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to resolve the actual problem. They're going to continue to guarantee loans for ever increasing amounts, for ever more useless degrees, resulting in this exact same problem, that they will demand that we throw money at again. And again. There's not one bit of "reform" of any type in this violation of the Constitution by unauthorized executive fiat. Nor is their the slightest intention to enact any. The politicians will get richer, the "faculty" will get richer, the university management will get richer, the graduates will get dumber, and the rest of us will be more broke.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:46 PM   #17
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

Good to see you back Alan, and you’re right on.

jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked