HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question SLE in TD

Whats the big deal with running a Starting Line Enhancer in TD just to save the converter? I ran it all last year anyway??? And why does IHRA require you to have a wing when NHRA doesn't? J ED Horton told me if i wasn't running over 200 MPH i wouldn't need one, maybe we could have a performance rule for the fast cars, I raced 6.90 to 7.00 cars without wings and they had no problems.
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Dave Goob Cook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SLE in TD

Both rules are to save the "purity" of the class, so you can tell the T/D racers from the rest of the S/C racers????

Dave Goob Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
shawnp

Mickey, from my understanding on the wing, it is not required IHRA divisional ( except where ET and/or MPH become a factor). The wing is required at IHRA National events. I am clueless on the SLE and why it can't be run. Sure would be a little easier on parts to be able to use the SLE.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
Alan Kenny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't imagine why anyone would be opposed to a Starting Line Enhancer. Like Mickey says it keeps you from being on the converter too long, which can only be a good thing. I imagine since most bracket racers are using them, it would improve car counts at Divisionals if they were allowed to use the same set-up. I asked D1 tech why they were only allowed for blower cars and no one has an answer, except that they basically copied IHRA rules. So if lots of us want to use a SLE, and so far I don't know of anyone who is opposed to it, lets change the rule and go racing! Might be good idea to email your DD and NHRA national tech and voice your opinion.

Al Kenny
Alan Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
Alan Kenny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I forgot to mention that I also noticed several cars WITH SLE's at D1 races and apparently no one complained . . . so lets make it officially allowed and we can all use them!

Al Kenny
Alan Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote