Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2022, 11:59 AM   #1
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Default Oil pan question

OIL PAN
OEM or NHRA-accepted aftermarket replacement oil pan permitted. Windage trays and/or baffles permitted. Modifications of any kind prohibited. Crossmember may be altered for oil pan removal. If altered, all material and strength must be replaced by boxing or installing removable or permanent material.

The rule is kind of clear as mud. “Windage tray and baffles permitted. Modifications of any kind prohibited”. So are we allowed to add baffles, windage tray and trap doors or not? I’ve read through literally every single oil pan post on this website. And I’m still not sure. The pan I want to use (Moroso 20182) is NHRA Accepted and has a baffle in it. But there is no trap door in the hole of the baffle. I was thinking about adding one. Also I see in several posts. Where people have sent their accepted or OEM pan to Steph’s to be worked on. Assuming we can do stuff inside the pan. Does anybody know who I should talk to there? Or do you have a better suggestion for a SBC with one piece rear main?

Thanks
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:23 PM   #2
ss3011

Liked 221 Times in 102 Posts
Default Re: Oil pan question

Must look stock on the outside , all the baffles and such need to be inside .
ss3011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:27 PM   #3
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
OIL PAN
OEM or NHRA-accepted aftermarket replacement oil pan permitted. Windage trays and/or baffles permitted. Modifications of any kind prohibited. Crossmember may be altered for oil pan removal. If altered, all material and strength must be replaced by boxing or installing removable or permanent material.

The rule is kind of clear as mud. “Windage tray and baffles permitted. Modifications of any kind prohibited”. So are we allowed to add baffles, windage tray and trap doors or not? I’ve read through literally every single oil pan post on this website. And I’m still not sure. The pan I want to use (Moroso 20182) is NHRA Accepted and has a baffle in it. But there is no trap door in the hole of the baffle. I was thinking about adding one. Also I see in several posts. Where people have sent their accepted or OEM pan to Steph’s to be worked on. Assuming we can do stuff inside the pan. Does anybody know who I should talk to there? Or do you have a better suggestion for a SBC with one piece rear main?

Thanks
You can add baffles and trap doors inside. It has to look OEM from the outside.
Stef's offer the modification service for Stock Eliminator oil pans.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:32 PM   #4
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

Ok thanks guys. I sent Steph’s a email.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote