Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-22-2021, 06:37 PM   #21
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,080 Times in 769 Posts
Default Re: Rittenhouse Not Guilty!!!!

Mike,
If you go to the top of the page you will see that I do agree with the verdict, the jury has spoken and justice has been served.
I have a problem with any seventeen year old openly carrying an assault weapon down a urban street anywhere in America. I don't want it in my community and can't image you would in yours either. I have stated several times on this forum that I'm a Constitutional
Conservative, Republican, I support Donald Trump and the Second Amendment without the right to carry an assault weapon in public.
I also have a problem with you telling me to "move on". I respect your opinion, please respect mine.
Frank
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 07:36 PM   #22
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
Vigilantism comes with consequences.

If my property or loved ones are jeopardized and I didn't believe the legal authorities would immediately act on my behalf I probably would take matters in my own hands. But it would not be a premediated reaction.
I agree he probably shouldn't have been there much less carrying a gun. I do not believe he is a vigilante or that he had intent to harm anyone. He's just a naive kid in over his head. Had the 3 trash bags engaged in the rioting left him alone we wouldn't be having this conversation. Lack of government leadership allowed the "peaceful protesters" to destroy any and all things they saw fit. Spineless politicians need to be held accountable for allowing this endless lawlessness crap to happen and continue.

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 11-22-2021 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Text
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 09:08 PM   #23
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Mike,
If you go to the top of the page you will see that I do agree with the verdict, the jury has spoken and justice has been served.
I have a problem with any seventeen year old openly carrying an assault weapon down a urban street anywhere in America. I don't want it in my community and can't image you would in yours either. I have stated several times on this forum that I'm a Constitutional
Conservative, Republican, I support Donald Trump and the Second Amendment without the right to carry an assault weapon in public.
I also have a problem with you telling me to "move on". I respect your opinion, please respect mine.
Frank
Glad to hear we think alike. Seemed to me you were upset about the verdict. It was a bad situation any way you look at it. Sorry if I took your position wrong. The world is a crazy place these days.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:47 AM   #24
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Does it make sense for a 17 year old to openly carry a AR-15 that he doesn't own on a public street? Especially during a highly emotional and destructive protest.
Yes he owns the ar-15. Yes legal to carry in public. Yes you can defend yourself. Yes he is innocent.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:10 AM   #25
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,787 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
I have a problem with any seventeen year old openly carrying an assault weapon down a urban street anywhere in America. I don't want it in my community and can't image you would in yours either. Frank
Ya know, one of the many "ironies" that I find in this entire story is that if you come out here to rural America, you will see kids riding their bikes up the road with their rifles strapped to their backs on their way to school. They've either been hunting before going to school or going after. They bring it to the Principal's office and put it in a gun safe. I can remember the same thing growing up in Morris County N.J..
Soooooooo, what's different? The teaching? The morals? The parents? Or the politics?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:27 AM   #26
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,080 Times in 769 Posts

All of the above.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 12:44 PM   #27
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,228 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Soooooooo, what's different? The teaching? The morals? The parents? Or the politics?
Frank you are right - ALL of the above. I remember as a child, if I did something wrong I got punished by my parents. Now you put the kid on time out.

Remember the Golden Rule - - "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." For the most part, gone from society now. It is do what ever you can get away with. Don't be concerned about the other guy. Yes, there are LOTS of good people out there doing the right thing. We don't hear much about them.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:05 PM   #28
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

All the while, nobody even questions what these three recidivist scumbags (including the two , former) are doing at a BLM protest. Are the the peaceful protestors that the Leftmedia and corporate America swoon over? Why are they so in love with career criminals and with the Commies that founded BLM?
We've got a lot of work to do , in a short time, to save this one, boys.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:05 PM   #29
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know, one of the many "ironies" that I find in this entire story is that if you come out here to rural America, you will see kids riding their bikes up the road with their rifles strapped to their backs on their way to school. They've either been hunting before going to school or going after. They bring it to the Principal's office and put it in a gun safe. I can remember the same thing growing up in Morris County N.J..
Absolutely. We locked them up in the trunk of our cars parked in the school lot...no shootings of any type occured. My dad took me and my older brother to the gun dealer and let us each pick out a hand gun AFTER we passed the gun safety course. I believe I was 12 at the time. I also received a 20ga for my bday that year. We knew if we abused the privilege of having one it would be taken from us. Mine is in the safe.

IA, NE, SD, MN all have state high school sanctioned trap shooting with State Champions crowned each year. It's an off campus activity of course. While gun ownership is a constitutional right it is also a privilege.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:51 PM   #30
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts

In 1980 I won a 12 ga. Remington shotgun from a guy at work that was putting on a raffle. I worked 3rd shift. That night when I got to work he told me I was the winner. He did this in the locker room, and handed over my new gun. I stuck it in my locker until the end of the shift, and proudly showed it off to the dayshift folks as I was changing shifts and headed home. I'll post a pic of the facility. Its where I retired from. The last 10 years of my employment I was the Union President and I can assure you, an act like this would be immediate dismissal (for both of us) in today's world.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-02-16 09.47.25 Small.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	61331  

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 11-23-2021 at 06:54 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked