HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-10-2023, 06:48 AM   #11
Phil Veldheer Racing

Liked 26 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Live from the PRI Show

Love the breakfast again, this was my 27th PRI SHOW. This was also the third year they featured my 1969 Camaro NMCA/GLSSA Stocker on the big screen This video was taken at the 2021 NMCA race at US 131 MSP. My driver, Mark Howard drove this team car and won the event at US 131 MSP in 2020.
My 10-car sportsman drag racing team, featuring one "stocker" and nine bracket cars also had a victory as one of our drivers, Donnie Hagar won the Drag Illustrated "30 under 30 award. Put on by Wes Buck and his great team at Drag Illustrated. The event was great and Wes showed why he is a success.
Donnie had a great year in the green Vega as he not only won"the MILLION", the track championship in no box at US 131 MSP by 25 rounds, but he also won the WDRA NO BOX world championship.
I haven't taken the bus to the convention center ever in Indy, but did this year. I loved taking it in Florida as they always had a free ice-cold beer for you.
Our bus driver didn't do a prerun of his route and we were his first riders. He couldn't get his Garmin map loaded, so I volunteered from the first row and told him where to turn to get to the remaining four hotels that we had to go to for pickups. We just got to breakfast in time and so far, I haven't missed any of the PRI Breakfasts!
Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zpri51smallerpixel.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	69073  
Phil Veldheer Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 08:54 AM   #12
Andy Friar

Liked 220 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
NHRA gave me the floor again. The support was awesome. Fast forward to 5:45:00

https://www.youtube.com/live/UeX2hLB...Y5I3sA&t=20733
If NHRA had half the passion that you do in promoting sportsman level drag racing, it would be a nationally known sport. Kudos Bobby for doing what you do. 🤘
Old 12-10-2023, 10:02 AM   #13
nolongerracing

Liked 67 Times in 24 Posts

I used to go when it was just for the business trade... Too many racers in the way now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Cain View Post
I use to go when it was free for racers. PRI getting as bad as NHRA about fees, etc.
nolongerracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-10-2023, 11:34 AM   #14
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Friar View Post
If NHRA had half the passion that you do in promoting sportsman level drag racing, it would be a nationally known sport.
The NHRA hasn't been about sportsman racing in a very long time, they are an entertainment company in this millennium and that entertainment is provided by the Pros, we are only the cash cows that keep them afloat.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:54 AM   #15
ken robinson

Liked 164 Times in 69 Posts

Well done Bobby
ken robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 12:31 PM   #16
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,232 Times in 596 Posts

Agree with all of you. I have been saying this for a while now. Bobby Fazio is the BEST Stock, Super Stock promoter we have had forever. Everywhere he goes it is all about promoting racing and Bobby has no other agenda.

Last edited by Carguy49; 12-10-2023 at 12:34 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 01:35 PM   #17
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,623 Times in 1,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy49 View Post
Agree with all of you. I have been saying this for a while now. Bobby Fazio is the BEST Stock, Super Stock promoter we have had forever. Everywhere he goes it is all about promoting racing and Bobby has no other agenda.
Bobby is the BOMB !!! The stk/ss community is lucky to have him…It’s truly amazing what a one man band can do ….
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 02:20 PM   #18
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,043 Times in 274 Posts

We actually had a pretty good show.

I was able to get some parts (rocker arms for Stock Eliminator) submitted, and tenatively approved. Working on some oil pans as well.
A huge thank you to both Dave Ley and Pat Cvengros.

We have a carburetor supplier who is working on several new legal carburetors for Stock and Super Stock. We hope to get those approved, and into the hands of the guys who actually build, sell, and service carburetors specifically for Stock and Super Stock, as soon as early 2024.

Got to sit behind Larry Hill in an oil pump seminar. We both learned some stuff.

Enjoyed a seminar on honing put on by Total Seal and Rottler.

As far as it goes, there seemed to be a lot fewer racers there. A large number we usually see were either not there, or we missed them this year.

We actually saw some handouts and a magazine promoting Stock and Super Stock, several vendors had them on prominent display. A huge thank you to Bobby and the others involved in getting those done, and to the vendors for displaying them.
Old 12-10-2023, 04:52 PM   #19
Kevin Panzino

Liked 550 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
The NHRA hasn't been about sportsman racing in a very long time, they are an entertainment company in this millennium and that entertainment is provided by the Pros, we are only the cash cows that keep them afloat.
I don't care to engage in internet arguments, and I'm a small guy, so I would rather not get into a physical alteration at the track over speaking my mind on a forum...

But you and your posts have riled many of us on this forum for a very long time, and they are hardly ever helpful. As I recall, you got yourself banned, and Brother Ken was generous enough to allow you back.

If you are going to state over and over again, that sportsman racers are the cash cow that keep the pros afloat you are either lying, or incredibly financially ignorant. Very simple math of the numbers in attendance, times the ticket prices for national events would make the facts very clear.

I really don't care for when folks on a class racing forum continuously poke the bear at NHRA, when class racing is already in a delicate spot with them. Lets face it we (correction, us, since last I checked, you don't class race) are a huge pain in the butt for NHRA. Between scales, fuel, tech, classifications, pairing in the lanes, HP updates etc etc we (not you) are a ton of extra work. I'm ok with class racers coming on a class racing forum and perhaps getting slightly rough on NHRA for topics that affect our classes. But I have zero patience for a bracket/S/C racer doing so on a class racing forum. Its an open forum, I get it, and Ken is incredibly patient.

Furthermore, in my opinion, (and I believe many others), you have consistently proven yourself to be an incredibly narcissistic and inflammatory person on these forums. You just took a wonderful thread where a real class racer who is incredibly passionate about the classes, is busting his butt to promote class racing, and who just got serious screen time in that interview at PRI on online, and you just decided to poop your usual vitriol on that thread.

If you are so convinced that NHRA sucks, and its all going down in a ball of flames, then feel free to find a new hobby.

And yes, you are entitled to post whatever you like on a free forum, but I hope I'm not alone in suggesting you leave your incessant vitriol to Yellow Bullet and the .90 forum that Ken has provided for you, not in the Stock/Super Stock class forum.

Kp

Last edited by Kevin Panzino; 12-10-2023 at 04:57 PM.
Kevin Panzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 06:02 PM   #20
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

If you don't care to engage in an internet argument, don't start one and I have not posted here in 4 years!

That said, you posted your opinion and I'll continue to post my opinion as I see fit on any topic and brother Ken had asked me to come back many times.

Now what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS didn't you like?

Last edited by 1320racer; 12-10-2023 at 06:13 PM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote