Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 06-10-2020, 07:54 PM   #11
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,411 Times in 1,682 Posts
Default Re: Musical Tastes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
It is going to be be Fontana and Irwindale once the smoke clears. Try the Slanted Porch in Fallon for good food, it is on the 95 South. It will be great to be back with ole friends: Tony, Greg, Bill, John and Gary.

I'll check it out ..Maybe tomorrow night.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:19 PM   #12
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Mark,
If we get back to live concerts someday, when these guys come to your area, go see them. We go every year, they pack every place they go, and they play the smaller venues. Its a awesome show. You wont be disappointed. Its like walking back in a 1980's album.....you can't beat it for 50 bucks

Wow, they are great!!! Brings back a lot of memories, especially when I was driving for Tropicana, as we had 2 great stations, 98 Rock from Tampa, and 96 K Rock from Ft. Meyers. Early in '90. 98 Rock decided to be Led Zeplin only, just the the "new coke" came along, both ideas didn't last that long. I love L.Z. , but enough was enough. Diane Upton was on 98 at lunch time for "Liquid Lunch" and would always play great albums all the way through.Thankyou, John Kissel
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:35 PM   #13
gsa612

Liked 280 Times in 139 Posts

Here's our forum "Rockstar" Brent Flynn with his band Flynnville Train from Ind.This ones a cover that they did in France,they also play their own stuff.There's a playlist on Youtube,tight band with good tunes!...gsa612
gsa612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:34 AM   #14
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 829 Times in 289 Posts

Do you guys remember when albums/songs were recorded in true stereo? Probably in the late 60's early seventy's. Jan and Dean, Beach Boys days .. It all kind of went away when surround sound systems hit and cars started having 20 speakers .LOL Here's an example,. You won't be able to here it on your phone if that's how your listening. (another reason its not around anymore) but if your on a desktop with two traditional speakers, listen to this song, and the 1st lead guitar in the left speaker and the 2nd lead in the right. Even the voices are clearly separated .... I miss the old stuff sometimes ....

Old 06-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #15
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 644 Times in 205 Posts

Quote:
It is going to be Fontana and Irwindale once the smoke clears. Try the Slanted Porch in Fallon for good food, it is on the 95 South. It will be great to be back with ole friends: Tony, Greg, Bill, John and Gary.
Glad to hear you're back, even if it's Geezerville. I decided last July after Summit to take a year off and get away from all this for a while.I might run the last two Irwindale Summit races and the Fontana divisional, then again, I might not. Depends what I feel like doing. At any rate, we'll meet at the 1000 foot seats at Pomona for the Finals. Winternationals was fun, but there's nothing like entering. This season was a wash out, anyway,so I guess I picked the right year to take off.

Last edited by Greg Reimer 7376; 06-11-2020 at 03:10 PM.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:00 AM   #16
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reimer 7376 View Post
Glad to hear you're back, even if it's Geezerville. I decided last July after Summit to take a year off and get away from all this for a while.I might run the last two Irwindale Summit races and the Fontana divisional, then again, I might not. Depends what I feel like doing. At any rate, we'll meet at the 1000 foot seats at Pomona for the Finals. Winternationals was fun, but there's nothing like entering. This season was a wash out, anyway,so I guess I picked the right year to take off.

Listen to you...Geezerville. We are all there, whether we like it or not. We close on the 30th. Right in the middle of summer, something I was trying to avoid...oh well. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and would like to get back to Irwindale and seeing you and the rest of the guys. Have you heard if John Barkley is going to run the '57 again?
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:03 AM   #17
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Do you guys remember when albums/songs were recorded in true stereo? Probably in the late 60's early seventy's. Jan and Dean, Beach Boys days .. It all kind of went away when surround sound systems hit and cars started having 20 speakers .LOL Here's an example,. You won't be able to here it on your phone if that's how your listening. (another reason its not around anymore) but if your on a desktop with two traditional speakers, listen to this song, and the 1st lead guitar in the left speaker and the 2nd lead in the right. Even the voices are clearly separated .... I miss the old stuff sometimes ....

When I was going through boot camp, the Drill Instructors would put on this song and others for about 10 seconds and shut it off just to screw with us.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #18
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 829 Times in 289 Posts

Quote:
When I was going through boot camp, the Drill Instructors would put on this song and others for about 10 seconds and shut it off just to screw with us.
Well that's cool. Took you back. Its amazing how we are wired to music, isn't it Eddie? Especially on songs that were not so popular as to become a classics, but in their day, you played the hell out of them. You won't hear one of those songs for years, maybe decades, but when you do, you,.... for just a few seconds are right back in that exact spot. You can remember so vividly. Goosebumps. The sights, smells, everything comes back just as it was. How do we do that ?
Old 06-11-2020, 10:28 AM   #19
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Well that's cool. Took you back. Its amazing how we are wired to music, isn't it Eddie? Especially on songs that were not so popular as to become a classics, but in their day, you played the hell out of them. You won't hear one of those songs for years, maybe decades, but when you do, you,.... for just a few seconds are right back in that exact spot. You can remember so vividly. Goosebumps. The sights, smells, everything comes back just as it was. How do we do that ?

I do try to connect with today's music but if I hear Beck, Clapton, Page, Hendrix, today's artists are just in the shadow of greatness.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #20
Dave Ley

Liked 239 Times in 42 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dave Ley

I have for the most part been a Traditional Country music fan. However, I am a huge fan of The Mavericks and listen to them every day.