HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 05-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #11
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts
Default Re: covid poll

3 Deaths from the Conkeys in Stock eliminator....Louie's daughters husband was on a vent for weeks, now in a rehab center recovering) (Columbus Ohio)
1 Good friend and fellow racers mom died (Pittsburgh)
1 Good friend and fellow racers buddy died (New York)
1 Ex hair cutter over in town next door was in hospital 7 days with Covid 19 (Newark Ohio).This was at least a month ago and shes on FB telling all of us she's still is in horrible shape. This stuff knocks you sideways. She still can't walk up her basement steps .

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 05-21-2020 at 10:10 AM.
Jeff Niceswanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:34 AM   #12
Bob Don
VIP Member

Liked 778 Times in 175 Posts

1 friend and former co-worker. He was on ventilator and it wasn't looking good. He was given hydroxychloroquine and he was off ventilator in 2 days. 2 more days after that, he was released from the hospital.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:16 AM   #13
Randy Wells

Liked 963 Times in 297 Posts

None
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #14
BRETV

Liked 596 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Don View Post
1 friend and former co-worker. He was on ventilator and it wasn't looking good. He was given hydroxychloroquine and he was off ventilator in 2 days. 2 more days after that, he was released from the hospital.
Bob, so thankful your friend recovered. But do you mean they gave him that hydroxychloroquine drug that kills people and should NEVER be taken. They better stop it!! LOL

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
BRETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:18 PM   #15
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

None personally but a few that I know of through other friends. All are doing o.k. so far.

One fellow postal worker died from the virus. I've been retired 12 years, knew the name but didn't remember him personally.

Last edited by Carguy49; 05-21-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:52 PM   #16
gmonde

Liked 166 Times in 59 Posts

keep them coming!!!
doing a mini data gathering ,, me i do not know any one directly ,, but the convolesent homes seam to be the major issue on the east coast (god bless those people in those situations )
my mother who is 80 is furloughed from the rec center in connecticuit where she works the reception area and is a former rn nurse (she knows the deal ) , has a friend in another convolesent home working as a nurse , 22 infected in her work place ,her friend is her mid 70's ( holly crap !)
yes this has a toll on certain people with conditions that cannot support any infection at all and is a serious deal but i personally think the covid deaths are not real numbers
i really am terrible at math but the numbers don't add up

this poll is not down playing the situation ,, but i just need to see some data ,, thanks for your input
gmonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:12 AM   #17
Rod Greene

Liked 203 Times in 72 Posts

Nobody
Old 05-22-2020, 09:41 AM   #18
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonde View Post
keep them coming!!!
doing a mini data gathering ,, me i do not know any one directly ,, but the convolesent homes seam to be the major issue on the east coast (god bless those people in those situations )
my mother who is 80 is furloughed from the rec center in connecticuit where she works the reception area and is a former rn nurse (she knows the deal ) , has a friend in another convolesent home working as a nurse , 22 infected in her work place ,her friend is her mid 70's ( holly crap !)
yes this has a toll on certain people with conditions that cannot support any infection at all and is a serious deal but i personally think the covid deaths are not real numbers
i really am terrible at math but the numbers don't add up

this poll is not down playing the situation ,, but i just need to see some data ,, thanks for your input
I don't want to hijack your poll. But I keep hearing about this "real numbers thing " Sue is retired as a coding manager and office manager for several doctors and surgeons. What you are implying is FRAUD! Diagnosis can’t just be dreamed up. Someone has to pay the bill, and they want to pay as little as possible. Those responsible for false claims can be sued by the insurance companies, or private families. Hospitals, nursing homes etc. risk loosing Medicare as a client, as their privileges will be suspended if caught. Yes if there is doubt I'm sure they will be pushing pneumonia as covid (it pays more) . But if diagnosis is in doubt it will be disputed and it better not be fragrant.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 05-22-2020 at 02:55 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #19
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Thank God no one in my Family But I do personally know 4 people that have contracted Covid-19. 3 have passed away and one is still in Hospital after 2 weeks.

Anyone that thinks this is a hoax or a conspiracy etc is fooling themselves. And if anyone wants to down play it by comparing it to the Flu, is incorrect. 2018-19 the CDC stats say 35,000 people died from the flu in the US. 2020 95,000 people in the US have died from Covid in 3 months.

This stuff is real, Stay safe.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:14 PM   #20
Gordie Kissner

Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts

None...In our valley of approx 10k people there have been 16 reported cases(all recovered)with no deaths. Around town not much has changed, people still going about their business. Some closures but not many.

State of Idaho 1.8 million people 2600 confirmed cases, 1700 recovered, 79 deaths..90+% were elderly with other underlying health conditions.

Last edited by Gordie Kissner; 05-22-2020 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Stats
Gordie Kissner is offline   Reply With Quote