HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #881
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ceasrine View Post
Pete,,,,,,,

Clear your private message list,,,,,,,,,,,,you are filled to the rim,,,

Dick Panter,,,,,,,,,OH Canada!!

pc
All "fan mail" cleared from Inbox!

M68
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #882
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMORIES View Post
My friend Doug Potter, was good friends with Billy Stepp. He said he went to several big money street races with Billy and his gang. He said Mayor Richard Daley kept them out of trouble.

Wayne.
It pay$ to have friends in high places.

M68
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #883
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Hemi Moose
I pulled out all my old NHOA newsletters & could not find any reference to the 297833 car from Pete Haldeman as you pm'd me about (Dec.1989). The only thing I found was in the Jan.1990 newsletter & the earliest car is the 297858 car of Dan Morgans. Gene Snows car is then 297857? To clear this up can you post the earlier cars than 297860? The Landy stick car is 297859. Also,can you scan that article you found with the 833 car & post it?

liteweight
so I went back into my old newsletters & found the list Hemi Moose is talking about. There is a LO car there as 297833. Could this be a misprint of numbers? Could it have been 297853?
As Pete Haldiman said in that same article: Quote " I would not put any faith in a list of numbers. I liken this to UFO sightings. If Jimmy Baker said he saw a UFO, I would take this with a grain of salt. However,, if 4 separate unrelated people claimed to have seen it. I might be convinced.": UnQuote

liteweight
ps Anyone know the number on Bill Flynns Yankee Peddler? PM me please
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #884
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

As per the old NHOA Newsletter,,,,,

Barracuda
BO29M8B299110
thru
BO29M8B299154

BO29M8B390659
thru
BO29M8B390676

Now,,,the Wickes Auto Sales Car out of Zainesville, Ohio,
which Arlen Vanke bought VIN #BO29M8B299126 is listed as
the #13 car,,,,,,,,,

That means (4) cars, between #299110 and #299125 were either
pulled, or not logged.

If Arlen's car was #13, and all Body #'s were in sequence,.
the first car would be VIN #BO29M8B299114.

Cars #110 thru #113 (4 cars are missing, or what) or
were 4 cars between 299110 and 290125 yanked.

pc

pc

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 07-21-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #885
jimi

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post
Yes please PM Liteweight for his question about Bill Flynn 68 Hemi Dart...

So let me get this straight, you're admitting that you were wrong even after I told you twice where to look, right.

And to contact me via PM about this subject...but you decide to press the quote button and post it again, because you still don't believe what I said earlier, and now you're comparing it to a UFO sighting, and using Pete's own words to throw it back in my face, nice.

All because you couldn't find it in the first place but now you're gonna find a way to discredit that info about it, okay then.

I'm starting to think thats all because I didn't what to answer some of your other question's on the forums or in you're pm's, wow.
moose i would not take offense to what he said or how he is handling it he is canadian! lol...... since the first time i spoke with daryl he struck me to be odd like that , not much trust in anything that anyone has to say and rightfully so these are hemi cars, as much documentation that is available they still cant be sorted out. i dont know why daryl still make remarks about the castaldo car that was in my dads barn that he thinks it was an illusion or not real. i saw it with my own eyes ,what happened with the dart in between my dads barn, paul pittman painting it and it coming back to my shop is any ones guess. the pictures of the white dart the way tim hennesey got it are the white dart i remember. unfortunatly all of the pictures (roughly 10,000) documenting the cars my dad had, dover dragstrip, englishtown etc. 1964-1995 managed to dissapear while he was sick . so to prove the castaldo car in his possession i cannot do anymore . further more i know someone from portchester ny that is in his 60's that was friends with castaldos crew and speaking of this with him in his own words he told me that charlie had at least four darts, i asked him if he was confusing them with different paint jobs and he said no way!!!!! i want to get to the bottom of this as well i know what was in my dads barn and something sinister happened .
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #886
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post
Yes please PM Liteweight for his question about Bill Flynn 68 Hemi Dart...

So let me get this straight, you're admitting that you were wrong even after I told you twice where to look, right.

And to contact me via PM about this subject...but you decide to press the quote button and post it again, because you still don't believe what I said earlier, and now you're comparing it to a UFO sighting, and using Pete's own words to throw it back in my face, nice.

All because you couldn't find it in the first place but now you're gonna find a way to discredit that info about it, okay then.

I'm starting to think thats all because I didn't what to answer some of your other question's on the forums or in you're pm's, wow.
Hemi Moose
Not sure why your taking this so personally & making such an issue of it. You made a statement about the 297833 car, I replied to it. I didn't find the info the first time, so I looked again more thourholy(sp) & I found it. I replied to that saying so, using a direct quote from the same person you first made reference to that same information in the first place.It's not that I don't believe you, I believe that 297833 was put into print, I just "think" it's a misprint of numbers. I "BELIEVE" that number should be 297853 & it only makes sense by the run of cars & dates of manufacture of these cars. Is it possible that there is a car around with 297833, YES, is it likely, NO. But this is in my own personal opinion. nothing more, nothing less .
I have nothing to gain in discrediting you or your statements, that's not who I am, & I don't take satisfaction in doing so. I deal with only facts. I will look into information that is given out, analize it, & reply to it. If I'm wrong bout something, I will be the first to say so. I don't have an ego that needs to be filled.
So, I sure would appreciate if you would take this above info & rethink your statements about my intents to you, because, again, it's not meant to discredit you in any way.
No more personal attacks OK?? No one wins like that

lightweight
Old 07-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #887
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi View Post
moose i would not take offense to what he said or how he is handling it he is canadian! lol...... since the first time i spoke with daryl he struck me to be odd like that , not much trust in anything that anyone has to say and rightfully so these are hemi cars, as much documentation that is available they still cant be sorted out. i dont know why daryl still make remarks about the castaldo car that was in my dads barn that he thinks it was an illusion or not real. i saw it with my own eyes ,what happened with the dart in between my dads barn, paul pittman painting it and it coming back to my shop is any ones guess. the pictures of the white dart the way tim hennesey got it are the white dart i remember. unfortunatly all of the pictures (roughly 10,000) documenting the cars my dad had, dover dragstrip, englishtown etc. 1964-1995 managed to dissapear while he was sick . so to prove the castaldo car in his possession i cannot do anymore . further more i know someone from portchester ny that is in his 60's that was friends with castaldos crew and speaking of this with him in his own words he told me that charlie had at least four darts, i asked him if he was confusing them with different paint jobs and he said no way!!!!! i want to get to the bottom of this as well i know what was in my dads barn and something sinister happened .
Now for Jimi
What's with the "Canadian" & "odd like that" shot??????
Again, I am only dealing with the facts that have been presented to me. I have done a huge amount of background work on this thing, spending hundreds of dollars on long distance phone calls to find the history on my car. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this. I have spoken to Charlie Licatta, who was an actual crew member for Castaldo, not a friend of a crew member, on several occassions, & his info remains the same every time. Castaldo only had 2 original LO cars. One crashed as I posted pictures on which was scrapped, the other is currently residing on the east coast, again which I provided pictures of, through it's complete transformation including 2 different paint jobs, & many major mods. Due to these FACTS, it is physically impossible for my car to be any one of those two cars. As far as you having another LO Dart in your barn, I can't comment on, because I just don't know. Your not even sure yourself. You've posted that yourself. The only thing I have to go by is your word, & I have to & do believe you because you have nothing to gain otherwise. But the FACT of the matter is this. My car is not any one of those 2 documented cars of Castaldo's & according to Licatta those were the only 2 original LO cars Castaldo owned.
Believe me, I would love to have his name attached to my car, but it's just not so. I have alot more to lose saying it is rather than owning up to the facts that it's not. It would also be alot easier for me to go with the flow & say that it is Castaldo's, but I know it's not. And those are the FACTS. Nothing more, nothing less.
Again Jimi, I am not trying to discredit you, or your father in any way. I have great respect for both of you. I would appreciate if you would show some respect in return.

lightweight

Last edited by Liteweight; 07-20-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #888
jimi

it was a joke not a shot!

Last edited by jimi; 07-20-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #889
jimi

i have also said in the past your car is not the castaldo car it cant be !!! it is a dart that was at our shop and i do remember specific things about it. it bothers me more that we had a dart at our shop that had castaldos name on it that was silver and red that had no trans tunnel . i will have to ask untill the end of eternity what car it was ?

and no disrespect intended when i said odd ,i mean odd the way you are going about the history of this car holding things back and all , i have not implied recently that your car is the castaldo car, two years ago i would have had a fist fight with you over it but now not so much! it is not a matter of national security its a dodge dart! if it were mine to research every bit of information would be out there for others to study and help with ,not bits and pieces like you have been adding for the last three years, unless i am wrong most of what you know you already had the information on before i spoke to you the very first time? eventually your car will find its origin.
just keep looking.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #890
Liteweight
VIP Member

Say What?????
Jimi Would you care to elaborate on "holding things back & all". If there was any other way other than the route I've taken, I sure would be interested in hearing it
Every tid bit of info, as I found it, you have been informed on, either from personal emails from me to you, phone calls I made to you & your father, or on a public forum that all can read.
Dude, you gotta be kidding.

liteweight