HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #71

Liked 948 Times in 250 Posts
Default Re: Dutch Classic Tentative shedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstickff View Post
Does it really matter if it?s a divisional or national open? Other than class (which they said they are having) it?s a grade point and divisional points compared to a national open which is grade point only, the opens mean NOTHING other than a grade point, I myself prefer a divisional. And you don?t need 4 time shots in one weekend. Do like what rockingham does, national open on Sunday and done deal. You guys are forgetting they still have to finish the Epping race which has logistics attached to it and people are fighting for national/divisional positions.
Because there were/are people that want to set records and run class without setting triggers. I know for some this doesn't matter, but there were racers coming from D2 and D3 for this. Yes, I understand that they have to finish the Epping race, but if the AFHS is in place, it will change everything for some. I really don't know how we can not have an AFHS in place with a divisional.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM   #72
tstickff

Liked 469 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1347 View Post
Because there were/are people that want to set records and run class without setting triggers. I know for some this doesn't matter, but there were racers coming from D2 and D3 for this. Yes, I understand that they have to finish the Epping race, but if the AFHS is in place, it will change everything for some. I really don't know how we can not have an AFHS in place with a divisional.
I have a feeling your combo is no where near the ?hit list?so set the record! What?s your average at? If someone wants to set a record and has an average at or above .85 then I guess yes you should be careful?..
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #73

Liked 948 Times in 250 Posts

Quote:
I have a feeling your combo is no where near the ?hit list?so set the record! What?s your average at? If someone wants to set a record and has an average at or above .85 then I guess yes you should be careful?..

I already have the record, It wasn't about me, but there are others that will be affected. I can see some not coming if AFHS is in effect

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #74
tstickff

Liked 469 Times in 112 Posts

Unfortunately that?s their decision I guess, there have been other events they could have set the record, napierville Canada double open was a couple weeks ago, great weather great track, rockingham the weekend before the Dutch had an open, usually great weather and a fast track, there are other options. I agree with you they should let records happen without AHFS, I have always said they if they have class eliminations people should not be penalized for running their cars all out, but NHRA has their own rules and it?s up to them what they decide, fact of the matter is, other than this event is the prestigious ?Dutch classic? divisionals are more valuable to the racers, I would love to see anyone respond to this post saying they were planning on setting a record at the Dutch! My guess would be 2-4 people
Old Today, 07:28 AM   #75
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 889 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Unfortunately that?s their decision I guess, there have been other events they could have set the record, napierville Canada double open was a couple weeks ago, great weather great track, rockingham the weekend before the Dutch had an open, usually great weather and a fast track, there are other options. I agree with you they should let records happen without AHFS, I have always said they if they have class eliminations people should not be penalized for running their cars all out, but NHRA has their own rules and it?s up to them what they decide, fact of the matter is, other than this event is the prestigious ?Dutch classic? divisionals are more valuable to the racers, I would love to see anyone respond to this post saying they were planning on setting a record at the Dutch! My guess would be 2-4 people
Yupp running class and trying to set a record at the Dutch was in my plans. Rockingham is a division race on Friday and Saturday. Open on Sunday on 1/8 mile, no records can be set.
Old Today, 07:51 AM   #76
SS/GSI

Liked 621 Times in 96 Posts

The only reason we were attending the Dutch Classic was for Class. With that being said, I also understand that the NHRA has a points series that needs to be completed and with lots of people still in the hunt for the titles. To try and do class runoffs, Hemi shootout, full divisional schedule(including Alcohol cars) and run a weekend bracket program is simply unattainable. Kyle has already committed to the bracket program as a means to substitute for the low car count at the Dutch(which is ok); however with morning fog, evening dew setting in between 6-7pm, that leaves maybe 40hrs of track time to complete the entire program. This doesn't take into consideration should the weather not be conducive or any major on track breakage. God forbid we get a week of beautiful forecast, that will add another 100 cars to the already 400-500 coming to begin with. I know the NHRA and Kyle want to try and give us everything promised, but at this point, I believe starting Thursday with the division race and using Sunday as the rain date would make most sense for all parties involved. Class could be doubled up perhaps next year in D1? IMHO
Old Today, 08:06 AM   #77
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,181 Times in 354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
How is it at Numidia we ran three separate races in 5 days and we can only have one race in 5 days at Maplegrove ? Nhra do you have an answer ?
Numidia is in the middle of July when it?s 80-90 degrees with track temps in the 120-130, even when the sun goes down the surface is still in good shape to run till 11-12pm (heck 2am if Bob had his choice) as long as the dew doesn?t come in off the mountains. MG is going to be hit or miss, we could have a freak 80 degree weekend or have a 40 degree weekend, the problem is you can slap 20 barrels of glue down on a racing surface, if there is no temp in the track it?s not going to be pretty plus you have additional classes that were already apart of the Dutch and are finishing out their points season there. Like Kevin said you have about 40 hours over 4 days to get things completed, not like 5 days that you can run from 9am till midnight.
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote