Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #71
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
Search Youtube for this. I have no idea how to "Post a link" LOL
[HotNews] Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward grabs wing and is not "sucked under" (Graphic)
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #72
Troy Pourciau

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not my opinion or quote. From Kevin Ward Jr's Dad.......

QUOTE -----

"The one person that knows what happened that night is possibly facing 10 years in prison. Is he going to say what he done?" Ward Sr. said.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #73
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts
Unhappy Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINESPLINE View Post
Had Ward not gotten out of his car while the race was still on he would be still alive. That is the bottom line. After he stepped out of the car ,whatever happened next can only be blamed on his poor judgement. Kevin Ward is responsible for his own demise. I am not a fan nor friend of neither. People die everyday in this world through acts of poor judgement. You would think a race driver would have more common sense then to step out onto the track while there are vehicles moving. Common sense or lack of it does come into play here and Kevin Ward for whatever reason made a very bad decision that cost him his life.
So true and so sad. Bad ,dangerous , hot headed decisions sometimes
do result in terrible consequences. Personal responsibility under rated
often excused.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #74
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

I have two points to share.

#1 My biggest problem is the fact that, of all of the resources that the kid had....all the money...and all the racing history....parents, sponsors, crew chief, car owner, race team, friends...nothing, or no one could get the point across to the young man DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR! That is a serious discipline issue, and that is what cost him his life. As racing seniors/veterans, mentors, officials, and persons of authority....YOU MUST HOLD THE LINE ON DISCIPLINE, ESPECIALLY WHERE SAFETY IS THE ISSUE! It's really pretty simple, if you deviate from mandated safety rules....YOU WILL NOT DRIVE THE CAR...don't care how good you are!

#2 I believe that Tony's effort to maximize his distance from an on track incident, left a lot to be desired. As a professional race car driver...and a damn good one...and on top of his game....a true champion! He knows better than most, the importance of staying as far away from a crash as possible. This is done to protect your car from fluids, and other debris that could jeopardize your entry ie flat tire, cut oil/water line etc. Now you don't get where Tony is without an eagle eye, exceptional concentration skill set, and instant problem solving/quick thinking ability. For those reasons, I believe he knew exactly where he was, and exactly where everybody else was. He can go around that track on a string at full speed, so Caution laps are nothing to him! I would bet that without question, if someone was placed in the center of the straight away, as Tony approached at Caution speed, that he could dodge you even if you were trying to touch the car. He could whip that car and get past you without you touching it. I don't believe that he drove up and killed the young man on purpose. But I do believe that they both stuck their chest out a little to far, and a death resulted.

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:53 AM   #75
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 53 Times in 17 Posts

With the slo mo information now available I see this, I could be wrong..
Well guys, I can see the unfortunate young fellow falling forward as Tony's car comes into the frame.
His stance right before that changes from being upright to a stumble, trying to regain balance and his right arm hits the wing and his left arm is loose.

If ya think about the rest of the fall that you can't see, conjecture for sure, I have to believe his head with his helmet went under the R-rear of Tony's car. When the safety worker takes his own helmet off and all the attention is on Wards injuries, I believe it was all blunt force to the head.
A very sorry situation that will affect all of us for years to come.
Once again I feel for all concerned and I hope that the media, lawyers, insurance companies/ et all don't do more damage than good.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #76
dannyboy

Liked 42 Times in 10 Posts

Let's put this to bed, nobody here is bringing back a life or making anyone involved have peace. It is up to the authorities to make a determination not us.

RIP Kevin

Dan
Hamburger, Bachelder & Chipman SS/I 1161
dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #77
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
Let's put this to bed, nobody here is bringing back a life or making anyone involved have peace. It is up to the authorities to make a determination not us.

RIP Kevin

Dan
I agree 100% with this post...
Old 08-14-2014, 08:48 AM   #78
Bunkster

Liked 43 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post

RIP Kevin

Dan
Well, if there are any other threads you believe should be shut down, then by all means, let us know.

As well, it is not at all healthy to simply allow "authorities" to determine things.
Bunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #79
Lou Jeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
No one attacked you personally. They did however reduce your opinion, which you continue to vehemently claim is fact, to what it really is, baseless opinion, by presenting actual facts.

You, on the other hand, continue to label anyone who does not dislike Tony Stewart as much as you do, and does not agree with you that Tony Stewart is solely responsible for Kevin Ward's death, as close minded and angry. So, in fact, the person who is making personal attacks here is you.

Your opinion, and the actual facts, as presented by those doing an actual investigation of the facts, do not agree, at all. You failed to post anything factual. In fact, you admit you were not there, and then admit you have zero experience with that form of racing to draw upon in order to form any informed and fact based opinion.

What you did post is your opinion of Tony Stewart, which made it obvious that you have a serious bias against Tony Stewart, which you continue to display prominently in this latest post. And you claim your opinion of Tony Stewart amounts to a factual conclusion that he willingly and intentionally killed Kevin Ward.

You are not offending anyone. But several are amused and somewhat annoyed by you stomping your feet and demanding people accept your opinion as fact. But then, you're not sorry about anything, either.

Found this a few minutes ago. It happens to be from a fellow sprint car racer who was a friend of Kevin Ward, and who was on the track, just 4 cars behind the incident:

Sprint car driver Cory Sparks has come forward with his side of the story, telling about the angle he witnessed of the event. "From what I saw, Tony did everything in his power to turn down away from Kevin to avoid him," he was quoted in the story. "People say that they heard the engine rev up and he gassed it. In a spring car, the only way to steer is you steer with the rear wheels as much as you do the steering wheel. In my opinion, what he did was he gassed it to turn down away from him."

So, there we have the opinion of a sprint car racer, who was there, and who was a friend of Kevin Ward.
Apparently YOU have NOT worked on the anger thing! Wish you well!
Lou Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #80
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

"Apparently YOU have NOT worked on the anger thing! Wish you well!"

Ward was the angry one, what would Stewart have been angry about?