HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #51
Bill Webb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steve Dillman back in the hospital

Ryan if there s anything we can do give us a call. Tell Frosty that Steve is in our prayers.

Bill and Angie Webb
Bill Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #52
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323
Default Re: Steve Dillman back in the hospital

Latest update on Steve from Frosty.

I am glad to hear he is doing much better.. Have fun in Florida Steve

Thursday, December 11, 2008
Greetings! I wanted to wait until after Steve's appointment yesterday to update. I will start there. He is doing well. He is not able to taste much yet, but he tries to eat and sometimes actually finishes a plate of food. Thank goodness for "Boost". He does like drinking those. Each day there is improvement. I know he will be able to enjoy all his meals soon. Although he has not "gained" any weight, he is holding steady. We have used the feeding tube only two times since leaving the hospital. However, the doctor advises to leave it in until after the PET and CT scans on December 29, in case of residual problems. When I asked what residual problems were, the doctor simply said "recurrence of cancer". We decided to put that out of our minds and focus on how far Steve has come.
We arranged for a quartet to sing for the doctors, nurses, technicians, staff and other patients as the Cancer Care Center. It was our way of thanking them and letting them know how much they mean to us. These people have become as important to us as our extended fire department and racing families. We owe them a great debt and we are anxious to see how God's uses us to pay it forward.
Steve left yesterday afternoon for the PRI Show! We both had our misgivings about it, but we also know that he needs to get back to "his" world. I missed him so much last night, but I have always known that absence makes the heart grow fonder (if that is possible). Steve has had all the medical treatment, now it is time to heal the soul. It is not easy.... this too will be a long journey. Fear does not come easy to us, but it is a part of our life now.
We attented Station 27's Christmas party on Saturday night. It was the first time we were in the car together and not going to the doctor, hospital or for treatment since I don't know when. We were on a "date" We had such a nice time. Steve just lights up when he is with those guys. As I have said before, the bond they share is so special that us outsiders can only see a glimpse of it.
I wish there was a way that I could thank you all for every single thing you have done for us this last year. The kindnesses, like stars, are too great to count. I hope you all know how much you have helped us, how just a word or a simple statement changed the course of a bad thought or how a card opened at the end of a hard day reminded us of the support we had. How a prayer written down on a card from a dear friend touched my heart and was actually answered in the very day that I read it. These are the things that matter in life. Thank you.
We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that the Lord reveals His Grace in your life. Know that in this season of celebrating our Savior, we will also celebrate the Grace He has given us, through all of you.
Love, Frosty
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote