Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #41
super comp 112

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: .90 Nationals @ Numidia Dragway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Yes I've gotten the Text Messages and E-Mails already. Yes NHRA just added the Z-Max divisional race to the weekend of the .90 Nationals and the answer is the date is staying the same. First off their is no room to move the race on the schedule, Second I think there is enough support in the Northeast to support this race. Third it's a 1 day race to win $5,000 dollars or more, possibly a "Top 16 High Roller race to win $1,000" and a bracket race on Sunday to possibly win $2,500, not a 3 or 4 day race to win $1,800.00 and be pushed to the back of the line when something goes wrong.
Yes, it is your decision as to pick what race you want to go and yes this will be a modern day "David vs. Goliath". I hope you pick the one that will treat you with the up most respect and still thinks about the sportsman racers because it's run by one!

Rob Keister
.90 Nationals Promoter

well said rob please guys lets stick together on this we can make something big happen.
super comp 112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #42
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: .90 Nationals @ Numidia Dragway

It will be interesting to see how the .90 racers react to this schedule in comparason to the stock and S/S guys when this happens to them. I wish you luck on your race. It sounds like fun and a good deal.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #43
Derek Clark 174

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To the .90 population, (You know who you are)
This is a race for the .90 racers that we all have wished and talked about for years. Rob is actually pulling something off here that only all of us have talked about at the beverage coolers for 20+ years.

I was a MASGA participant for the complete 2010 season and even ran a 2010 S/Comp circuit race also. This type of family type racing is where its at. Myself, family and crew love these races.

I have raced with Rob and his Dad for years and they are as genuine as you get. Dedicated .90 racers.

Its great to see the sponsors come on board also. The best "loosing package" award is great. I could have won that a few times last year alone.
(Dutch classic 2010 Semi's comes to mind )

We raced at Numidia last year and since all the work was completed to the track , it was the smoothest track "all the way down" that I have been on in years.

I can tell you that if you show up and support it, it could be a possiblity that may happen on a yearly basis.. I would love to see that.

Good luck Rob and I will see ya there..We are excited..

Derek Clark
S/Gas 174

Last edited by Derek Clark 174; 02-11-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Derek Clark 174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #44
EricArrow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Clark 174 View Post
To the .90 population, (You know who you are)
This is a race for the .90 racers that we all have wished and talked about for years. Rob is actually pulling something off here that only all of us have talked about at the beverage coolers for 20+ years.
I was a MASGA participant for the complete 2010 season and even ran a 2010 S/Comp circuit race also. This type of family type racing is where its at. Myself, family and crew love these races.
I have raced with Rob and his Dad for years and they are as genuine as you get. Dedicated .90 racers.

Its great to see the sponsors come on board also. The best "loosing package" award is great. I could have won that a few times last year alone.
(Dutch classic 2010 Semi's comes to mind )

We raced at Numidia last year and since all the work was completed to the track , it was the smoothest track "all the way down" that I have been on in years.

I can tell you that if you show up and support it, it could be a possiblity that may happen on a yearly basis.. I would love to see that.

Good luck Rob and I will see ya there..We are excited..

Derek Clark
S/Gas 174
Amen brother!!...Since I moved to Pittsburgh from the Buffalo area finding a .90 race outside of a IHRA Div has been tough...This sucker is penciled in...only thing that will keep me from going is weather...breakage...or the wife(J/K...she likes when I'm gone..)
Old 02-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #45
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,179 Times in 353 Posts

After the 5k race is complete on Saturday we will be adding a Top 16 or 32 high roller race for each class depending on interest. Whomever is interested will need to come see myself before the semi final round of the 5 k race. We will then draw 16 or 32 cars from a hat (if you are not picked u do not have to pay). The 16 or 32 cars will get 1time sho...t if they want it and will then be randomly paired for 1st round, you will flip for lane choice. It is $100 entry fee and the payout is 100% returned. Same setup as the 5K race... this is not a bracket race - pro tree, index racing. Here is the payout:

16 cars: (4 rd race)
W: $1,000
Ru: $400
Semi: 100 x 2

32 cars: (5 rd race)
W: $1,700
Ru: $900
Semi: $150 x 2
3rd rd: $75 x 4

Last edited by BKSG1198; 02-13-2011 at 10:40 AM.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #46
d1hitter
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so how many pre. entrys you got ?
d1hitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #47
BKSG1198
VIP Member

It's only been a week and a half since I put this all together so nothing as of yet. I have a decent amount of people who are going to pre-enter next weekend at the MASGA Banquet.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #48
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
After the 5k race is complete on Saturday we will be adding a Top 16 or 32 high roller race for each class depending on interest. Whomever is interested will need to come see myself before the semi final round of the 5 k race. We will then draw 16 or 32 cars from a hat (if you are not picked u do not have to pay). The 16 or 32 cars will get 1time sho...t if they want it and will then be randomly paired for 1st round, you will flip for lane choice. It is $100 entry fee and the payout is 100% returned. Same setup as the 5K race... this is not a bracket race - pro tree, index racing. Here is the payout:

16 cars: (4 rd race)
W: $1,000
Ru: $400
Semi: 100 x 2

32 cars: (5 rd race)
W: $1,700
Ru: $900
Semi: $150 x 2
3rd rd: $75 x 4
Now your talkin...........excellent idea adding a shootout. Heck, if there is enough interest, and time, have a couple shootouts........maybe an 8 car 100 entry winner take all.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #49
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
Now your talkin...........excellent idea adding a shootout. Heck, if there is enough interest, and time, have a couple shootouts........maybe an 8 car 100 entry winner take all.
Damien,

I have to do what I can to draw the cars for this race especially the ones who may live far away from this race. I knew setting up the race against an IHRA Race and the D-3 race at Bowling Green may kill the car count but, now with Charlotte being added to the mix I know I have to step up my game..haha. I know the ride maybe long but, trust me this race will be one that will have people talking for a long time and I'm hoping to start a tradition of doing this every year.

Rob K.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #50
EricArrow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think if this is successfull a series at 4-6 tracks ...both IHRA and NHRA would be a great idea. There are plenty of .90 racers who have parked thier rides with the lack of contingency support and rising expenses. Ohio..PA and NY I think would have great support from both racers and tracks alike. Can you tell I have been thinking about this...

Ted does a great job with the TNT series....I think following his model and what you have done with this race we could have an alternative to the dwindling car counts at the IHRA events and the "redheaded stepchild" attitude of NHRA.....