VIP Member

Liked 1,748 Times in 424 Posts
Default Re: thin ring grooves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmaxwedge View Post
There is really no argument to win.
I agree.

Quote:
The expense argument is laughable, if you're concerned with expense you should probably be bracket racing.
I have a budget like everyone else. I like to see ROI in my program. If the rules allow it, and it goes faster for less money, that's what I'm spending my money on.

That said, I will remind you that the OP's argument for going to a new piston rule is cost.

Quote:
I doubt that the things we are talking about will have any effect on what's happening.
You would be surprised who reads these threads...

Quote:
Thanks for the verbal jousting, I enjoyed it...
Here too. As much as I like racing new combinations, I think you will find that I am one of the biggest advocates for keeping the older combinations in class racing.

Take Care,

Daren
Old 11-30-2022, 05:03 PM   #32
Doug Hoven

Liked 752 Times in 146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
When we wrote the TI forms for the 2015 Camaro we included the six speed automatic that came in the production car. Nobody has tried to run one (that I know of). One reason for that would be the lack of available safety items that are required to go 9.99.
One thing that has come to mind recently (being that I recently bought one) is what it would look like to do a 2010 Camaro. I know it's not as favorable for horsepower like the 2015, but with the shipping weight, it's a natural C car. In my opinion, it would be very neat to build one of these cars, retaining as much as the stock components as possible. Apart from the obvious engine work, you could probably make the 6l80 live without too many issues. HP tuners could definitely handle making the stock ecu work. This same concept can be applied to just about any 2010 and newer Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited by Doug Hoven; 11-30-2022 at 05:05 PM.
Doug Hoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #33
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,748 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hoven View Post
One thing that has come to mind recently (being that I recently bought one) is what it would look like to do a 2010 Camaro. I know it's not as favorable for horsepower like the 2015, but with the shipping weight, it's a natural C car. In my opinion, it would be very neat to build one of these cars, retaining as much as the stock components as possible. Apart from the obvious engine work, you could probably make the 6l80 live without too many issues. HP tuners could definitely handle making the stock ecu work. This same concept can be applied to just about any 2010 and newer Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. Just thinking out loud.
I would drop the stock ECU for a Holley Dominator or Terminator-X. There is just too much junk in the stock ECU that isn't applicable to a race car. Neither one currently has the capability to run the six-speed, but there are add-on controllers available.

I started to build a 2010 from a body-in-white before I got the 2012 COPO. I think that it can be a pretty good combination.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:47 PM   #34
Tom P

Liked 224 Times in 90 Posts

Wouldn't the ten speed be enough of an advantage to make up for it's weight and rotating drag? It's close ratios could allow a big cam with a narrow power band and it doesn't shock the tires much on shifts.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote