O’Malley
Decker
Rashid
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 05:23 PM   #33
Matt1234

Liked 35 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: “Live” from Indy LODRS 2021

Well we just got home from Indy and found another way to be screwed from NHRA and our division director Will. My son was in the second round against Decarlo and they both was Staged with the 2 steps on for at least 10 to 15 seconds and no tree came down. My son let off the gas and as soon as he did the tree started coming down. They where both late and the time for ours did not look to be correct. Why the starter did not flash the red light or back them out I have no idea. After they ran I told the starter what are we going to do about this. This should be a rerun. The starter told me it’s was a glitch in the system. Whatever the Hell that meant. And to go to the tower and talk to them. Well I did and told Will the division director what happen because he did not witness this. He told me well it’s the same for both so they will not rerun. I told him when you blind and the tree is held your screwed. But how long it held. It didn’t matter if you blind or not. I told him that was bull **** and he said he was not changing his mind. So when there is a timing problem or a glitch in the system we suffer for it. Even if we have won I told Decarlo we would have rerun it’s not a fair race. He agreed My point is the customer service we get and the decision like this is unacceptable. If I ran my business like they run a race. I would go under. Man do I miss Redman or Brad they would have flip the red. And then backed up and start over. But no I have to deal with a guy that don’t understand what it takes to get cars to the races and the money we spend. And should not get treated like this. So I guess I will see you guys later because I’m done with division 3 and the sponsor money I have given to sponsor a race. It’s sad it has come to this,but I felt like this was not handled correctly Matt Alvey
Matt1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:21 AM   #34
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1234 View Post
Well we just got home from Indy and found another way to be screwed by NHRA and our division director Will. My son was in the second round against Decarlo and they both were Staged with the 2 steps on for at least 10 to 15 seconds and no tree came down. My son let off the gas and as soon as he did the tree started coming down. They were both late and the time for ours did not look to be correct. Why the starter did not flash the red light or back them out I have no idea. After they ran I told the starter what are we going to do about this. This should be a rerun. The starter told me it’s was a glitch in the system. Whatever the Hell that meant. And to go to the tower and talk to them. Well, I did and told Will the division director what happen because he did not witness this. He told me well it’s the same for both so they will not rerun. I told him when you blind and the tree is held your screwed. But how long it held. It didn’t matter if you blind or not. I told him that was bull **** and he said he was not changing his mind. So when there is a timing problem or a glitch in the system we suffer for it. Even if we have won I told Decarlo we would have rerun it’s not a fair race. He agreed My point is the customer service we get and the decision like this is unacceptable. If I ran my business like they run a race. I would go under. Man do I miss Redman or Brad they would have flip the red. And then backed up and start over. But no I have to deal with a guy that don’t understand what it takes to get cars to the races and the money we spend. And should not get treated like this. So I guess I will see you guys later because I’m done with division 3 and the sponsor money I have given to sponsor a race. It’s sad it has come to this, but I felt like this was not handled correctly Matt Alvey
I was on the starting line there is no doubt in anyone's mind there should have been a rerun> finally at least the first runs of the day the starting line was good the rest of the time after about afternoon the starting line was junk I suspect they were using a different traction Compound or just spraying the bald spots one time they simply sprayed one side of the two bad spots and this is why a lot of cars including mine went to the right I am confused on why a track cannot keep the starting line good all the time???

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 08-09-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:38 AM   #35
Robin Lawrence
Sponsor

Liked 637 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Well we broke out by .001 in the 3rd round this morning and Robin Lawrence gets the bye! He went dead on with a zero!! That’s racing!! We came back and went to Flapjacks for breakfast with Paul and Debbie Boster! As Arnold says “We’ll be back”! In about 3 weeks with a stop at Bowling Green first!
What a great race! That .011 light was going to be tough to beat. Your prediction on my run was right what I was seeing to dial. After sitting in the lanes on previous rounds I went up to the 10.96 from a 10.95. Then they ran us first pair! Damn.

My fun ended in the 5th round when it would not shift into high gear. Tommy Turner told me I had better be up on the tree against Ben. I had a .009 to his .026 and was on the numbers at the 660'. Like you said that's racing!

Made good progress sorting the car out. Have the spare trans ready to go in tonight.

Robin