HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #21
Whalen3186

Liked 108 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: CLASS RACER wall of SHAME ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Should we all pay an extra $50 on the entry fee to pay for a tech savy official to really do a good job of rooting out electronic cheating devices at NHRA sanctioned events?
This is already happening. $340 is a very premium entry fee to enter a National event and run for a winner's purse of $1200. $180 entry at a Divisional to race for $1000 is also a steep entry that should include allowances for proper tech support.

The tech guys that we interact with at races do a great job. This isn't on them. NHRA is responsible for keeping a fair playing field and giving tech the authority to do their job.

Last edited by Whalen3186; 03-13-2021 at 11:49 AM.
Whalen3186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #22
bykr

Liked 167 Times in 81 Posts

With everything you can do with the new fuel injection systems, is there really anything that can be done to curb the electronic cheating?
Old 03-11-2021, 01:12 PM   #23
Pete Beau

Liked 31 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
One year at St Louis NHRA pulled us all over after a TT and went over our wiring. They supplied the floor jacks if needed and they really looked them over. The tech guy I had questioned one particular wire and he ask me " where does this wire go" ? For the life of me, I don't know why I said what I said. I answered " that goes to my delay box" ! In my mind, I said Trans Brake. But that's not what came out of my mouth. My brother gave me that what the ? look.. LOL. I realized what I had said and quickly rephrased my answer. But the damage was already done ... I was there for a while .. LOL
Doh
Attached Images

Pete Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #24
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,805 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
Agree. Policies have been inconsistent and clear as mud.

Let's go back some years ago when NHRA started bouncing people with Quadrajets that appeared to be polished or did not have any casting flashing. Still remember showing NHRA Tech, a brand new Quadrajet, still sealed in the factory wrapper. I just had opened the box and they unwrapped it themselves, when they looked at the venturis, there were no flaws and they looked perfect. I asked them if the carburetor would be illegal and they were perplexed that a new carburetor would look that way.

All I said was, "how about if the manufacturer changed their process for cleaning castings with a new method and this happens to be the result? Is it the racers fault? How about developing some criteria and share what is acceptable and what is not? All they did was to take some pictures of the carburetor and no answer to the issue.

It also appears that the casting finish inspections by NHRA on carburetors stopped when all the newly approved replacement Edelbrock and QFT carburetors were made available.
Also remember standing by when someone almost got bounced with a new Edelbrock.
It looked like someone took a die grinder from underneath, and made a pass around the venturi small point. ..Someone was able to produce one or two more brand new units that were the same.. The racer was okay-ed.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:14 PM   #25
Markeracer

Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

And here’s another quick check that will take the level of paranoia up a few notches. Low cost, high quality miniature video cameras that work with an iPhone are widely available. I’ve had one for years. Take a random number of cars at the scales, pull the carbs and take a look inside the intakes.

Come on, it’s no secret what’s going on inside Stocker intake manifolds.

And give everyone a heads up before the race when this is going to start.
Markeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-11-2021, 02:44 PM   #26
Dean Feiock

Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeracer View Post
And here’s another quick check that will take the level of paranoia up a few notches. Low cost, high quality miniature video cameras that work with an iPhone are widely available. I’ve had one for years. Take a random number of cars at the scales, pull the carbs and take a look inside the intakes.

Come on, it’s no secret what’s going on inside Stocker intake manifolds.

And give everyone a heads up before the race when this is going to start.
So..let's just say you have just won round one. You are at the scales and they tell you to pull off the road and pull your carb off. You proceed to do that and they bore scope your intake. When they see something they don't like and tell you that you are out, are you just going to pack up and go home? Are you going to pull your intake for a closer inspection? And then wait for a reversal of their decision?.....Remember now, eliminations have started. The clock is ticking. It won't be long until you are called back to the lanes........
Old 03-11-2021, 03:44 PM   #27
Gary Summers

Liked 47 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
This works for me!
Billie you are right on it looks like you can do that to any carb but this 50 year old one that nobody makes any parts for but most of the hollers have down leg boosters so why carb is singled out because it’s got shinny boosters what’s fair for one is fair for the other.so I guess the booster deal is pick and choose as to who they going to kick out
Gary Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 04:02 PM   #28
Markeracer

Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Feiock View Post
So..let's just say you have just won round one. You are at the scales and they tell you to pull off the road and pull your carb off. You proceed to do that and they bore scope your intake. When they see something they don't like and tell you that you are out, are you just going to pack up and go home? Are you going to pull your intake for a closer inspection? And then wait for a reversal of their decision?.....Remember now, eliminations have started. The clock is ticking. It won't be long until you are called back to the lanes........
Dean, do this quick check during the qualifying so there is time for closer inspection, .......and the clock is not ticking. Often times Stockers are done with Q2 by mid day on Friday so there is plenty of time for close inspection and good discussion. And the ladder is not final. Think this might work?
Markeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-11-2021, 04:30 PM   #29
DG

Liked 349 Times in 86 Posts

The tech guys that we interact with at races do a great job. This isn't on them. NHRA should is responsible for keeping a fair playing field and giving tech the authority to do their job.[/QUOTE]

To be clear, I am not putting this on the tech guys in any way.
DG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 04:57 PM   #30
John Winslow Jr

Liked 315 Times in 69 Posts

I nearly got the boot for front bumper brackets and dash cluster in St. Louis in 2006, got my letter in the mail and inspected for corrections at the next race I went to in Seattle.
John Winslow Jr is offline   Reply With Quote