HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #21
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Where's Paul Harvey with "The rest of the story" ???

"Well, officer, the door of the Brinks truck was open... Anybody else would've done the same thing, so it's okay."
Old 09-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #22
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,465 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
I suppose it bothers me that when you're "that good", that some feel the need to resort to something less than your God-given talent to get a W.
Michael...put yourself in their shoes if you were racing a sibling and he had the chance to win a championship...what would you do? In my opinion, I would rather do what they did, save parts in lieu of making a run, redlighting, or breaking, or lifting and braking at the other end that can many times be dangerous.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #23
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Um, in case I hadn't made my opinion clear enough before: I'D RACE.

Been a long time since I've raced family. When I was in high school, just getting started in the trophy class, dad and I raced a lot. Dad was the only driver that had a winning record against me, and I won the championship. "Golly, shouldn't dad have helped me win?" NO. I earned my way. A couple of years later, dad ran Heavy Eliminator for the first time, and with 68 cars, the lanes got shuffled, and somehow we ended up getting paired first round. He beat me by .004. Somehow, I've never told that story with the addition of "but I was in the points and he wasn't so he should've let me win!" NO.

When I won the Stock World Championship in 2003, I didn't need anybody to lay down for me, and no one did.

I missed winning the Summit Super Series at Pageland Dragway last week by one round. Someone could've given me that round, but it would've been BS, and that would've been cheating the real champion out of a position that he EARNED.

Since so many people want to play the "What if?" game... Let's say YOU are leading the points, and a "team" dives their way to pass you by one round. You get to look on, knowing that there's a 100% chance that you're going to lose the title.

$.02,
Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #24
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

following results for a long time i cant say that i noticed Defranks done alot of this before..actually the opposite in my point of wiew and often i was thinking why?and thats maybe the reason why it did go down like that this time,congrats to defrank brotha's on som exellent driving ,sure dosent look that they need someone to dive for them to be in the finals!
bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #25
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Quote:
Um, in case I hadn't made my opinion clear enough before: I'D RACE.

Michael, not trying to be a jerk (I've known you for quite a while, I like you and never have had a problem with you), but I have to ask you about this.

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...r2005#indextop
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #26
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Wasn't my decision.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #27
JRyan

Liked 105 Times in 29 Posts

And since JIM DEFRANK owns the cars, maybe it wasn't Jimmy or Tony's decision either. So now they're in the same boat with you Michael. Are you any better or worse than they? At least they're family.

Somehow, racing your dad for a possible local bracket championship, doesn't appear to me to be on the same level as a Superstock National Championship.

Jerry Ryan
JRyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #28
JEFF ESSMANN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cool Re: Where's Paul Harvey with "The rest of the story" ???

well heres my opinion
nhra publicly announced that they would not tolerate team orders in their races this is clearly a team order
doesnt mater who ordered it it was obvious. the points race is a tight race.jimmy defrank is ahead by 45 points on the national side and behind by 21 points on the divisional side according to the web site today.
nhra has no option but to act on this if nothing else dont award points to either driver after the semis
so now lets see how well they enforce their own rules nhra its your time to step up and stop the dumbing down of our sport and turn it back to what its supposed to be drag racing

WEB SITE WITH MY RACECAR
JEFF ESSMANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #29
bigshow2966

Liked 83 Times in 36 Posts
Talking Re: Where's Paul Harvey with "The rest of the story" ???

Quote:
Wasn't my decision.

But you keep harping that you'd never throw a race. You obviously already have. You trying to take over Steve Taylor's place as the biggest hypocrite on the Internet?

Bottom line for me is that IF I was paying the bills on both cars you can bet the one with the most to win, will. Force has done it for years, Kalitta and Bryce have too just for starters. No big deal, it's just business. You do remember that for a lot of people racing is a business, don't you?
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #30
Irv Johns

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

You guys need to lighten up, Jimmy already won 5 rounds . These guys are true racers , they drove over 2000 miles to race the Hemi at Indy ( and WON) Also they both have single digit numbers for this year, so nobody is giving them anything.I understand you point of its all for the show, but ther's no one there but a few of the late round losers and they are more interested in getting loaded up and heading home.These divisionals are mostly participant funded and attentended by their family and friends.So congratulations Jimmy, Jimmy Jr and Tony you guys are class and others are only jealous of you acheviements. Drag on .
Irv Johns is offline   Reply With Quote