HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #21
Colin Wigle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: So...................

Bruce,

With all do respect, you have a tough decision to make either continue to support NHRA and the sport you love or take this opportunity to sell your operation no while it has a place to race and may retain some specific value. Bad press only adds to a tough situation! There are very few business in north America that are not feeling the same crunch.

Colin
Colin Wigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #22
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,218 Times in 313 Posts

Colin,
Should we all stand around and applaud while NHRA repeatedly makes bad decisions? We pay dues, we pay entry fees, we pay license fees, but we should remain silent if we do not agree with what they do for (to) us? That is not how it works. See, originally, the idea was, we, the members, do not belong to NHRA, but rather NHRA belongs to us, the members. That is how it was originally intended to work. Somewhere along the time line, some people took control, and they decided that we, the racers, should belong to NHRA, and we should take whatever they decided to do to (for) us.

The point is, the dues paying entry fee paying members of NHRA should have a lot more say in what is going on. And if the "board of directors" of NHRA cannot stand scrutiny and criticism, then they should not be living the good life on our money.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #23
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

cwigle,

I think your post is arrogant and out of line. I am entitled to my opinions. Don't read them if you don't like them. I'll eventually sell my stuff because I'm actively pursuing a land speed car but I won't sell it because someone I do not know offers me two alternatives. Grow up.

Ditto what Alan said!

Last edited by Bruce Noland; 03-15-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Bruce Noland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #24
Colin Wigle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alan,

You have some very good points, if I have concerns or feel like I was treated unfairly I would not hesitate to take it up with NHRA. I don’t agree with how things are in s/s with regards to a lot of thing such as AHFS and I do not have the answers.

Bruce,

You call me out as being childish and arrogant that is fine, I too as everyone is entitled to they’re own opinion. It’s really my problem your negativity brings out the worst in me.
Colin Wigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #25
63corvette

Liked 308 Times in 92 Posts

John, I asked the same question about the Big Dogs and no one at the hourly level seemed to know. That was not publicized so I would guess not. If the Top Dogs had to take a salary cut they would have made big headlines out of it just to make sure everyone down the line knew.
NHRA is a non profit so the Big Dogs probably don't make much money anyway. RIGHT!!!!
All the Racer Fees went up anyway to cover those 10% pay cuts, OR IS MY MATH OFF?
My 2 Cents

Last edited by 63corvette; 03-15-2009 at 04:29 PM.
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #26
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

>>>"All the Racer Fees went up anyway to cover those 10% pay cuts, OR IS MY MATH OFF?"

Sounds right to me!!! I LOVE IT!!!

You're too funny...
Old 03-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #27
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

cwigle,

Talking about racing brings out the worst in you? Hmm.. Time to rethink this racing business because the best and worst situations are usually reserved for real life situations. And this racing stuff is NOT real life. It's easy to say someone is being negative when they are not saying what you want to hear.

Facts is Facts as the old man says - so let's see how this whole mess turns out. The facts will be very clear in a matter of months.

I started a thread last spring that said all of us should be very careful with our money because things didn't look so good. A few racers looked me up to thank me for bringing the issue up and decided to be a little more careful about their spending. And this year looks much worse. I'm not one to stick his head in the sand. Let's deal with it and move on.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #28
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I must agree with Colin on his few stated issues. The financial sector is down causing most business to be down. That has nothing to do with the viable business plan of most corporations. Like people think that GM isnt selling cars because they arent building more hybrids or electric cars.

Bull!

GM is down because they lost 40% of the customers cause the banks wont lend them money to buy a car. They were just fine until gas went $4.19 a gallon and banks stopped lending money. During globilization the number one rule is that you must protect your own assets or the competing countries will steal you blind. We are not protecting our assets, we tax businesses and other countries subsidize theirs. Watch everyone leave as we increase that!

All businesses live and die with their decisions, not to say that I agree with all of them in NHRA. However, this is not why they are down. We all are down except those that are getting free money from Washington.

No one can control a 50 trillion dollar economy, it flucuates and we can only mildly influence the normal cycles of up and down.

Last edited by Lynn A McCarty; 03-15-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Lynn A McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #29
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,218 Times in 313 Posts

Lynn,
I disagree. I know plenty of people who either already have money they could spend, or could very easily borrow money, and plenty either way. They will not now nor will they in the near future spend much, if any of that money. And they will not borrow any either, regardless of how easy it is.

I have lousy credit, we were forced into bankruptcy by an unscrupulous creditor when my wife had cancer a few years ago. I can borrow money, if I want to. The credit crunch isn't so bad as you might think. But consumer confidence is so low that nothing is selling.

A lot of people who have a fair amount of money because they are smart and work hard are spending it very conservatively. Racing is not cheap, broke stupid people either don't race, or they don't race long. That's why car counts are down, and will continue to be down.

There's plenty of talk about how "negativity" is part of the problem. Well, maybe so, but dishonest "positive talk" won't help things either.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #30
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 14,936 Times in 1,379 Posts

Bruce, I absolutely agree with you, when it comes to disagreeing. I think we all should be a little more polite about our opinions.

I guess what it comes down to is, some see the glass half empty, some see it half full, I see it as a something to drink.

Alan, we must live in very different worlds. I totally agree with Lynn. Banks do not want to lend money like they did a few years ago, but it starting to change now.

You see people not spending, I go to the track and 60-70% of the sportsman own rigs that are worth $200,000 plus. Things may be tough for some, but they are good for others. My friends are buying cars as am I, and everyday people are spending money. You may think I'm being dishonest with positive talk. But 92% of people are working and over 90% are paying the mortgage. I see restaurants full and a race track with people everywhere. How am I supposed to analyze what I see. Should I believe every media story about all the doom and gloom? I have been through tough times and good times. People will hurt when the economy is good also. Is the economy slower, sure, but compared to what, I'm sure the people from the 30's would have loved to have the economy that we have right now.

NHRA is not perfect, but I'm sticking with them. This country is not perfect, but I'm sticking with it.

I may be naive, but I'm happy. And when its all said and done, and I'm dead, what the hell did it all mean anyway if we were not happy.

Last edited by Ken Miele; 03-17-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote