HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #21
Hacksaw

Liked 278 Times in 153 Posts
Default Re: SS round two

So what if you dial slower than your index, as long as the computer/tower people enter the published/proper index and let the race proceed as it should, I'm ok with it. Just don't be a doodle and Ph#*^ up.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #22
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
So what if you dial slower than your index, as long as the computer/tower people enter the published/proper index and let the race proceed as it should, I'm ok with it. Just don't be a doodle and Ph#*^ up.

Just go back to ET2 and it doesn't matter...............
Old 02-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #23
Tom Meyer

Liked 303 Times in 106 Posts

This happened a long time ago [I guess I am old] But I think it was at Div race where in the third round someone noticed that the other car was dailed above the index and brought to the attention of a official where the driver was reinstated kind of like being lite at the scales but nothing was said about the 2 cars he had beat in the previous rounds. Not to knock anyone but if you run the class you should be class racer smart.
On another note was watching the Ihra race at Florida and they where running super rod [super gas] and the announcer said not to many dragsters in this class,even I know the driver has to be on the left side of the driveshaft. Tom

Last edited by Tom Meyer; 02-12-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Tom Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #24
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 673 Times in 265 Posts

So now no tech, dial slower then index. I can see gutted interior, square tube frame, fiberglass panels running in stock as long as it has a 9 inch tire and a weight sticker. I agree Bracket II here we come.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #25
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 673 Times in 265 Posts

On the funny side of dialing cars. Once at Pomona we ran class GT/CA. I was only .4 under index and I had to run Bud Pickens in his Camaro that was I think .8 under. So I dialed my .4 under for class and Bud caught it and wiped numbers off my window. I asked him what was wrong as we were running heads up for class. He stated he didn't trust tower and was afraid they might put dial in on scoreboards. True story around 1995.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #26
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,560 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post

Hackie,
If someone dialed over the index, it would probably show up on the dial-in board, as we saw this weekend .
The computer operator doesn't have to do anything if there's no dial under. It will default to the index anyway. At least it's supposed to.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #27
racr1320

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I did have 10.30 on 3 windows and they put 11.30 on they score board and in the computer. I did not see it or I would have said something. I usually look but for some reason I did not. I went to the tower and talked to Mike Rice and he said it was an error and that there is supposed to be a red light flash on the computer if you try to dial over your index. Evidently the person who did this did not see the red light. My question then was why you should even be able to put in a dial over your index. I was then told that I accepted the number by staging. I new that I was going to be told that and I did agree, but it seems to me that all the things we do just to get to that point, the least they could do is get the dial right. I have been doing this for over 40 years and I just found another way to loose.
racr1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:24 PM   #28
MikeMoller

Liked 243 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by racr1320 View Post
I did have 10.30 on 3 windows and they put 11.30 on they score board and in the computer. I did not see it or I would have said something. I usually look but for some reason I did not. I went to the tower and talked to Mike Rice and he said it was an error and that there is supposed to be a red light flash on the computer if you try to dial over your index. Evidently the person who did this did not see the red light. My question then was why you should even be able to put in a dial over your index. I was then told that I accepted the number by staging. I new that I was going to be told that and I did agree, but it seems to me that all the things we do just to get to that point, the least they could do is get the dial right. I have been doing this for over 40 years and I just found another way to loose.
I am bad about checking the posted dial, actually only looked once last year and it was wrong. Competitor also saw it, and it got fixed. I agree they should be able to catch it, but unfortunately humans are involved. That's why they pass the buck back to us. Hate you lost that way. NHRA avoids reruns if at all possible-haven't seen or heard of one in years.

Last edited by MikeMoller; 02-13-2017 at 08:30 PM.
MikeMoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:31 PM   #29
Cotten

Liked 485 Times in 58 Posts
Smile Re: SS round two

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoller View Post
I am bad about checking the posted dial, actually only looked once last year and it was wrong. Competitor also saw it, and it got fixed. I agree they should be able to catch it, but unfortunately humans are involved. That's why they pass the buck back to us. Hate you lost that way. NHRA avoids reruns if at all possible-haven't seen or heard of one in years.
I have
Cotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:57 PM   #30
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Dumb me, I did not think the computer would accept a slower-than-the-index dial.