HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #2931
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boland View Post
Still going through my pics. Here's one for today.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #2932
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodave View Post
Daryl’s thoughts about the Dart that John posted are pretty accurate. The Dart pictured is the former Hall&Williams 1968 factory Hemi Dart from Cleveland Ohio. Hall&Williams bought it new in 1968 and raced it about four years in SS and later in Pro/S, they installed the 69 grill and tail lights in 70 or 71.
Hall&Williams sold the Dart in 72 or 73 to Bob Porter from Parma Ohio. The pictures that John posted are shortly after Bob purchased the Dart. In those pictures the Dart still has the second Hall&Williams paint job with the purple flake and pearl with purple cobweb trim which was applied by Bobby Nolan (Nolan Brothers) of Cleveland Ohio. Porter later had the Dart painted black with orange and yellow accents. The car was stored away in 75 or 76 and I purchased the car from Bob in 2004.
Many thanks to John for posting those pictures I have never seen any pictures of the car during that time period before and thanks Daryl for encouraging me to post the above information.
Dave
Welcome here Dave. It's great to have another LO23 owner step out from behind the curtain onto the main stage. Thankyou for sharing that information for all of us.

My new goal on this thread is to not only get the history on my car, but I think it's really important for this sport to be able to get as much information together as possible on every one of these cars. ie; from day one to current. I know there's alot of previous owners & current owners that frequent this thread that don't want to come out into the public eye because of ??????????????, BUT, by participating & getting info out for all to see & read will have nothing but positive results for not only today, but, for the future of this sport/hobby. There's ALOT of hear say, & inuendoes that is attached to many of these cars. I would like to see as much factual information put together as possible. There's ALOT of people that can share ALOT of very cool information that will benefit us ALL, along with making for some REALLY GOOD reading material. II know we would all welcome old racing stories etc. Bring it on!!!!

So, now I'll step down off my podium, hopefully I've had some influence on you all to come forward. It's win, win!!!!. Both for the history of these very special war horses & with that keeping the value where they should be & not turn into what the Model A prices are today because of a lost generation of interest.

Have a great Easter weekend

liteweight

Last edited by Liteweight; 04-17-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #2933
Charlie A
VIP Member

Never could have foreseen this topic becoming the historic reference that it has. (609,000 hits)

You are correct Daryl in that REAL information from owners /crew/ family past and present would add credibility and value.

I would love to see a picture of the JRT Dart as it is today.

Do know that I have enjoyed everyone's pictures/stories and the few bits and pieces that I have been able to add here and there.

Got involved (addicted) to this topic all because I was going down memory lane one night and typed "68 Hemi Dart" in the search window on my computer.

Last edited by Charlie A; 04-21-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #2934
ww63

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post
Never could have foreseen this topic becoming the historic reference that it has. (609,000 hits)

You are correct Daryl in that REAL information from owners /crew/ family past and present would add credibility and value.

I would love to see a picture of the JRT Dart as it is today.

Do know that I have enjoyed everyone's pictures/stories and the few bits and pieces that I have been able to add here and there.

All because I was going down memory lane one night and typed "68 Hemi Dart" in the search window on my computer.
The JRT dart is as delivered gray primer and black front end, real good car, fender tag , all deletes and if I remember correctly all the thin glass,stick and super stock springs and mini tubs
ww63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #2935
HEMIDARTDAVE

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Original L023 in storage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hemi Dart 2.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	23423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hemi Dart 3.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	23424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hemi Dart 4.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	23425  

Name:	Hemi Dart.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	23426  
HEMIDARTDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #2936
Charlie A
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww63 View Post
The JRT dart is as delivered gray primer and black front end, real good car, fender tag , all deletes and if I remember correctly all the thin glass,stick and super stock springs and mini tubs
I can "see" that in my old gray haired mind. Happy to know it is more survivor than salvage.

Thank you.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #2937
Charlie A
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIDARTDAVE View Post
Original L023 in storage
Great set of pictures.

Any history of this car you can give?
Understand some might want to keep location an unknown but how it remained so original thru time would be a great read.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #2938
HEMIDARTDAVE

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post
Great set of pictures.

Any history of this car you can give?
Understand some might want to keep location an unknown but how it remained so original thru time would be a great read.
This car has the window sticker and dealer invoice. Here are pics of other paperwork.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	L0.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	23430   Click image for larger version

Name:	L02.jpg
Views:	1644
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	23431  
HEMIDARTDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #2939
Charlie A
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIDARTDAVE View Post
This car has the window sticker and dealer invoice. Here are pics of other paperwork.
Oh yeah!

Old 04-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #2940
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww63 View Post
Me's thinkin' it's this one WW63?

liteweight

Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote