HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #2821
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
liteweight is good for raising a few bucks, no matter what the reason, as he always seems to be short of them.

As far as the Dented Dart scenario,, I've made alot of calls & emails to different people searching for it's owner, but, so far, no luck. I have a real good contact in New York that knows alot of the people who were involved with drag racing, local speed shops & the underworld New York street racing scene back then. Very cool dude that is very willing to help out. Just gotta wait it out till he comes up with the right name. He is constantly giving me updates on his ongoings.

Stay tuned. At least I now have a direction to go.

liteweight
Tune in next week. Same "Bat Time" same "Bat Channel"............oops.

That ones already been used.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #2822
jimi

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
liteweight is good for raising a few bucks, no matter what the reason, as he always seems to be short of them.

As far as the Dented Dart scenario,, I've made alot of calls & emails to different people searching for it's owner, but, so far, no luck. I have a real good contact in New York that knows alot of the people who were involved with drag racing, local speed shops & the underworld New York street racing scene back then. Very cool dude that is very willing to help out. Just gotta wait it out till he comes up with the right name. He is constantly giving me updates on his ongoings.

Stay tuned. At least I now have a direction to go.

liteweight
Daryl have you tried calling Bob LaRengina at valley chassi 845-471-1421 he has been around since the day after dirt!!!! he may have some valuable info. also try Romeo's Engines 845-878-4889. supposedly they had a hemi dart (possibly a clone)that used parts from Charlie castaldo's wrecked car.
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #2823
L78 Nova

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts

This is like watching the last season of your favorite show... I can't wait to see how it ends but I'm going to miss the action when it's done!!
Gary
L78 Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #2824
hemidart3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Re: Original hemi dart information

i'm hoping someone has the knowledge to put this in print, complete with pictures, for us diehards to purchase and druel over like we did as teens with some printed material!
hemidart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #2825
Charlie A
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemidart3 View Post
i'm hoping someone has the knowledge to put this in print, complete with pictures, for us diehards to purchase and druel over like we did as teens with some printed material!
Some of the early pictures have already dropped off.

I went back to page "1" to see how the early pics were doing.

After 15 pages of re-reading posts I realized this is an addiction.

Last edited by Charlie A; 03-20-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #2826
Charlie A
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68hemiss View Post
Paul,
If you get that info (shipping information) from Hurst I would be interested in trading you for some of factory paperwork that I have collected (over 200 pages). There were a few dealerships that recived two cars (I have some info showing where the first 50 cars went - no VIN #'s though) Bob Banning got two as mentioned, Lennox dodge in Atlanta also got (2) (Bill Tanner's and Ray Dailey's), In the first 50 it shows 13 cars being sent to Grand Spaulding. It is funny because Norm says he got all the cars at one time but I KNOW this to be not true but almost everyone I have talked to who bought their Dart at Norm's said they were told that their car was the last one and they were not getting any more! Good sales pitch huh? There were an additional 30+ Darts built. Paul, I don't want to seem overanxious but I would really love to see the Pomona Speed Dart. The Manhatten Speed dart that was mentioned before may have been a Dart out of PA. Two guys bought it never ran it and sold it to someone in NY - the guy paid with a check and well, it bounced! They went back up to NY to Repo the car - the guy had raced it and had broke the engine by this time. The Manhatten Speed Dart doesn't look like it had been painted yet and the lettering was temporary - I haven't checked on it but it is a good possibility as that car seemed like it was around for a short period of time and then disapeared.
Mark J

Way back when.....post 110.

The Manhatten Speed Dart mentioned as lost. A few other comments about it early on in the same area.

Maybe now ??????
Old 03-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #2827
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have been able to verify the Dart out of PA was not the Manhattan Dart - This Dart is alive and well - I have the complete history on it.
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #2828
Troy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Another rare picture of the Neil Greensides/ Frank Elliot BO29 Canadian stick

liteweight

I know there out there.....I would love to see more pictures of this car. I would love to see some engine pictures. I'm beggin you!

Thanks, Troy
Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #2829
beekool

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

hey daryl, i went through hundreds and hundreds of photos from dover drag strip. Unfortunately Nothing. more video's Nothing. That doesn't mean they don't exist! Same as my old Superbee, Not 1 pic. Hard to believe since it Won Alot of races there. i'd say find who ever has National Speedway collection. might bring more clues. this ain't over!
beekool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:44 PM   #2830
HEMIDARTDAVE

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

We need our Hemi Dart fix.......Chuck Comellas original L023 at the Cajun SportsNationals 2014
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ComellaRound1.jpg
Views:	1250
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	23209  
HEMIDARTDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote