HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #271
Pedigo Perf

Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Sliding through the lights trying to stage

I wonder if anyone has checked about the NHRA insurance covering some of this. I have a friend that was involved in a similar deal and as I recall, some insurance policy paid for the damage, but I'm not sure what insurance it was. May be worth a phone call.
Pedigo Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #272
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,682 Times in 397 Posts

I thought once you signed your tech card that you were on your own when having an accident at a race track..Unless the car is registered and had insurance..?
Old 11-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #273

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The insurance that is part of the nhra membership begins its coverage at the starting line and ends at the finish line and it is only secondary to your medical. There is no coverage for your property.
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #274
Saftey first

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Don don't park your race car 5 ft in the return road for three days. Then no one will hit it. I have had 15 plus people that have called over the passed 4 months saying they almost hit your dragster that weekend . I had over $3000 in damage to my car because you felt the need to park your dragster in the return road in ever racers way the whole weekend.
Don I had full control of my mustang, someone just choose not to park in there designated pit spot(you).

Maybe some day you will understand why NHRA gives us a place to park our race cars(beside our trailer). Not on the back of the trailer advertising your product.

Don't worry Iam in it for the long haul don
Even though I do not have a dog in this fight, I'm going to have to take Charlies side. First off, was there a accident report by the police? To me it just looks like Mr Higgins is just being a cheap bastard, and has his crappy looking dragster hanging out in the road for three day's was for "FREE" advertising. If you ask me, that's what he get's for being cheap. If, I recall, didn't there used to be a crew chief banner on this site? Did we get cheap again with advertising???????? Mr. Higgins, you should have taken the money that Charlie offered you and ran with it, because now your not gonna get a penny. Boy "O" Boy, I guess "FREE" advertising isn't so "FREE" anymore is it? Now go away.
Saftey first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #275
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,767 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saftey first View Post
Even though I do not have a dog in this fight, I'm going to have to take Charlies side. First off, was there a accident report by the police? To me it just looks like Mr Higgins is just being a cheap bastard, and has his crappy looking dragster hanging out in the road for three day's was for "FREE" advertising. If you ask me, that's what he get's for being cheap. If, I recall, didn't there used to be a crew chief banner on this site? Did we get cheap again with advertising???????? Mr. Higgins, you should have taken the money that Charlie offered you and ran with it, because now your not gonna get a penny. Boy "O" Boy, I guess "FREE" advertising isn't so "FREE" anymore is it? Now go away.
Would you feel the same if the car had hit a pedestrian that should have been paying attention? The peddle in the middle is the brake peddle. There is no excuse that can be made for running into a stationary object in the pits. I do know that accidents happen and I hate this whole situation for both parties. I find it unfortunate that it is being battled in an open forum. Maybe people will learn from this. Slow down in the pits and don't park your race car in a questionable spot.
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #276
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saftey first View Post
Now that's a Class Act right there.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #277
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 537 Times in 211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
Would you feel the same if the car had hit a pedestrian that should have been paying attention? The peddle in the middle is the brake peddle. There is no excuse that can be made for running into a stationary object in the pits. I do know that accidents happen and I hate this whole situation for both parties. I find it unfortunate that it is being battled in an open forum. Maybe people will learn from this. Slow down in the pits and don't park your race car in a questionable spot.

Well said......and I agree..

It sure would have been better if it was worked out privately....
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #278
Mr. Flow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Well said......and I agree..

It sure would have been better if it was worked out privately....

I usually just browse these forums when I need some entertainment, but I think this thread has got way out of hand. You're right rich, it would have been better if it was resolved privately for both parties. but from what I've read across a few different forums Don never even gave that idea a chance when he immediately spread word of the incident across multiple levels of social media before he found all the "supposed" damage to his ride. Which starts to smell a little funky when you find out that he's nearing completion of his new car, and as some may think, he just needed a little"boost" to get it finished and to the track.

Yes Mr. Downing did hit a stationary object, but on the same hand I've seen a picture of Mr. Higgins car obnoxiously parked much more than a couple feet in the roadway of a very heavily traffic'd area of the drag strip (which I'm attempting to attach to this post, sorry I'm not to savvy to the way Images post on this forum). I know this may not be a popular opinion on this forum, so flame on if you must, but comparing this accident to someone hitting a pedestrian is asinine. It's merrily a case of poor judgment of one party that that led to a very unfortunate accident. Also Average person in the U.S. is 5ft10in and the average height of a SC car is what around 3ft 8in? so odds are if it was a person standing in the exact same spot Mr. Downing would have been able to see them over his standard 4" cowl induction hood on the CJ and adjust.

I certainly hope that all the trouble Mr. Higgins has gone through and all the time and money he's spent was worth the little bit of free advertising he got on by leaving his car in the road because he needed to get his cart out, (why he wouldn't pull it off to the side of his trailer no one knows) on Sunday of a race where he was eliminated of Friday. Like the old saying goes "Nothing's Free.

Mr. Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #279
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I backed into another race car one time at Columbus (with the race car I don't own.) He had his trailer door down and had the front wheels up to the door and the car was hanging out in the pit road at least 10 feet.

I was having fuel problems and had to drop the gas tank. This was before the owner put in a fuel cell. They had called the first round of the all-stars to lanes earlier so we were hurrying to try and get it fixed. We got it fixed and I backed out of my pit spot like I had been doing all weekend and didn't look behind me. Well, I backed into him with the corner of my bumper. Needless to say, he was pissed.

I went up to the lanes and lost first round. When I got back I told him I would pay for it. He called me a few months later and told me what it cost to fix it and I sent him a check.

Who knew it was his fault for parking his car in the pit road?

Last edited by Toby Lang; 11-21-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #280
EricArrow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flow View Post
I usually just browse these forums when I need some entertainment, but I think this thread has got way out of hand. You're right rich, it would have been better if it was resolved privately for both parties. but from what I've read across a few different forums Don never even gave that idea a chance when he immediately spread word of the incident across multiple levels of social media before he found all the "supposed" damage to his ride. Which starts to smell a little funky when you find out that he's nearing completion of his new car, and as some may think, he just needed a little"boost" to get it finished and to the track.

Yes Mr. Downing did hit a stationary object, but on the same hand I've seen a picture of Mr. Higgins car obnoxiously parked much more than a couple feet in the roadway of a very heavily traffic'd area of the drag strip (which I'm attempting to attach to this post, sorry I'm not to savvy to the way Images post on this forum). I know this may not be a popular opinion on this forum, so flame on if you must, but comparing this accident to someone hitting a pedestrian is asinine. It's merrily a case of poor judgment of one party that that led to a very unfortunate accident. Also Average person in the U.S. is 5ft10in and the average height of a SC car is what around 3ft 8in? so odds are if it was a person standing in the exact same spot Mr. Downing would have been able to see them over his standard 4" cowl induction hood on the CJ and adjust.

I certainly hope that all the trouble Mr. Higgins has gone through and all the time and money he's spent was worth the little bit of free advertising he got on by leaving his car in the road because he needed to get his cart out, (why he wouldn't pull it off to the side of his trailer no one knows) on Sunday of a race where he was eliminated of Friday. Like the old saying goes "Nothing's Free.

Doesn't look like that pickup is having any issues getting around that car...looks like you could pull three wide thru there at 5 mph.