HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #221
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,235 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART looks to level the playing field.

I am not sure why this is related to stick car. This could be done and is done by many cars. Stick and auto. If you are implying that stick cars can't or don't bump in after prestaging, I would disagree. In cars that I drive that have a stage gauge, I typically bump in. In ones that don't I generally don't. I never considered that to be a component of courtesy staging and certainly don't use it as any kind of starting line game. Just because you prestige first doesn't mean you get to stage first. Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
For everybody but the stick guys.......

I have rolled into the pre-stage first and looked down at my gauges and when I looked up the stick car had both lights lit.......

Now I let the stick car light his pre-stage and slow everything down...

I am not the brightest bulb but I can learn....

Bob

Last edited by james schaechter; 03-07-2016 at 07:19 AM.
james schaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #222
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
I am not sure why this is related to stick car. This could be done and is done by many cars. Stick and auto. If you are implying that stick cars can't or don't bump in after prestaging, I would disagree. In cars that I drive that have a stage gauge, I typically bump in. In ones that don't I generally don't. I never considered that to be a component of courtesy staging and certainly don't use it as any kind of starting line game. Just because you prestige first doesn't mean you get to stage first. Am I missing something?

I get it.....................

You said I 5 times..............

Not ALL but a LOT of stick cars wait for the other car to stage and then roll in and don't stop at the after the pre-stage......

This is NOT illegal in the eyes of Auto-Start.....

But, almost all automatic cars stop after they light the pre-stage and have there own procedure to run through before staging. Such as bringing to engine up to leave RPM and bumping in or rolling in at idle, set the brakes and bring it up on the the 2-step

My comment was if I (ME) stage last against a stick car then it forces the stick car to stop after they light the pre-stage and then they just can't roll in in light both.......

Bob
Old 03-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #223
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts

It will be interesting to see how Allen Reinhardt will take to the new tree if nhra considers it. On Joe Costello's radio show back in 2011 he was totally opposed to the idea because the fast car has to wait, he should get the knod.
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #224
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
It will be interesting to see how Allen Reinhardt will take to the new tree if nhra considers it. On Joe Costello's radio show back in 2011 he was totally opposed to the idea because the fast car has to wait, he should get the knod.
I thought the fast car waited anyway?
Old 03-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #225
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts

Ed, you are right! Yes, he gets to wait but with Trustart, he has to do his job after he waits. It's about time that the tree is going to be fixed. A fix you rejected back a few years ago if I remember right.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:33 AM   #226
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,235 Times in 252 Posts

No worries Bob, I am a stick racer. I have raced automatics as well. There isn't really an advantage to "just rolling in" for me anyway" every racer has stuff to do after three bulbs are lit. I do think it is plenty of time for stick or auto racers to get prepared though. I guess I have never been one to always stage first or last all of the time. If we ever get to race, I will certainly let you prestage first if you prefer. LOL.
Six "I's" this time. A new personal best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
I get it.....................

You said I 5 times..............

Not ALL but a LOT of stick cars wait for the other car to stage and then roll in and don't stop at the after the pre-stage......

This is NOT illegal in the eyes of Auto-Start.....

But, almost all automatic cars stop after they light the pre-stage and have there own procedure to run through before staging. Such as bringing to engine up to leave RPM and bumping in or rolling in at idle, set the brakes and bring it up on the the 2-step

My comment was if I (ME) stage last against a stick car then it forces the stick car to stop after they light the pre-stage and then they just can't roll in in light both.......

Bob
Old 03-08-2016, 12:31 PM   #227
doug_dornbos

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats to Peter Biondo and Kyle Seiple for their apparent success at innovation. It takes vision, courage, sacrifice, and commitment ... all good qualities.

"a system that systematically scorns experimentation and wipes out the raw material of innovation, is doomed over the long term"
-Thinking in Systems by Donella Meadows, P. 160

The above book BTW helped to radically alter my perception of the role of sanctioning bodies in sport. Also, the book is now available online for free download in a couple different places. A GREAT book if you can get past some of the examples used.

I've been home for a couple weeks recuperating from surgery. This thread was "just what the doctor ordered." lol

Doug
doug_dornbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #228
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,581 Times in 434 Posts

Looks like it would have been in effect at least 4 times that I saw today at zmax. 3 pairs in round 2 stock and at least one that I saw in round 1 super stock.

Last edited by Bobby Fazio; 05-24-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Bobby Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:56 PM   #229
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,764 Times in 1,317 Posts

Seemed like an unusual amount of red lights at Charlotte....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:01 AM   #230
terry1

Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts
Smile Re: TruSTART looks to level the playing field.

Just a thought on the pre stage/stage thing. If my opponent pre stages can I not
go in and light both bulbs?
Terry K
terry1 is offline   Reply With Quote