HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2021, 10:19 AM   #11
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Prayers for Mid West

Power outages, people dying, and the answer is, fossil fuels, fracking, nuclear, noooo its windmills....oops. massive west Texas wind farms off line, blades and generators iced over
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #12
63corvette

Liked 299 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Our weather guys are saying the polar vortex is supposed to stay up north. But with the warming of the air, massive amounts of warm air get on top of the polar vortex and push it off the area where its supposed to stay. This time the hot air pushed it south, right on top of us. Bad thing is its about to become much more commonplace. At least that's what he was saying ...
Jeff, do not take what a weather person says to much for facts. That is just an educated guess in my opinion.
Weather persons are the only people I know who can be wrong more than 50% of the time and stay employed.
I have lived in the mid-west (Texas, Kansas, and Nebraska) all my 71 years and this same type of weather has come along every 10 to 15 years. I still have a good memory of those times as I worked for a big natural gas pipeline company and these cold spells really made it hard on our operations.
Amarillo TX broke a low record for the day yesterday at -14F which was set in 1895.
It was -10F at our house yesterday morning at 8 AM and did not get above 6 for a high.
I can remember in the 70's sometime the same weather and working out in it to keep compressor stations online. Same for the late 80's or early 90's. I was in Houston visiting the daughter there in 2010 in January when it was nearly exactly the same as right now there. Today she has frozen water pipes however, she still has electric power.
I also remember in the mid 1950's as a kid when our doors were frozen shut and we could not get out for several days so this just happens over the years and people forget about how it was before.
Weather changes, it always has and will do the same in the future.
I am sort of on the fence on man made global warming.
I just do not take a weather person to serious.
Just My Take.
Good Luck in 2021 with your race program. Stay healthy and get your vaccine.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX

Last edited by 63corvette; 02-16-2021 at 01:09 PM.
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 01:19 PM   #13
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 859 Times in 302 Posts
Smile Re: Prayers for Mid West

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63corvette View Post
Jeff, do not take what a weather person says to much for facts. That is just an educated guess in my opinion.
Weather persons are the only people I know who can be wrong more than 50% of the time and stay employed.
I have lived in the mid-west (Texas, Kansas, and Nebraska) all my 71 years and this same type of weather has come along every 10 to 15 years. I still have a good memory of those times as I worked for a big natural gas pipeline company and these cold spells really made it hard on our operations.
Amarillo TX broke a low record for the day yesterday at -14F which was set in 1895.
It was -10F at our house yesterday morning at 8 AM and did not get above 6 for a high.
I can remember in the 70's sometime the same weather and working out in it to keep compressor stations online. Same for the late 80's or early 90's. I was in Houston visiting the daughter there in 2010 in January when it was nearly exactly the same as right now there. Today she has frozen water pipes however, she still has electric power.
I also remember in the mid 1950's as a kid when our doors were frozen shut and we could not get out for several days so this just happens over the years and people forget about how it was before.
Weather changes, it always has and will do the same in the future.
I am sort of on the fence on man made global warming.
I just do not take a weather person to serious.
Just My Take.
Good Luck in 2021 with your race program. Stay healthy and get your vaccine.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
Hi Rick !! He's probably full of crap..LOL. The one part I hope he's off base on is the part where its going to become commonplace ... We'll all be dead before we really know, so what the heck. Sue gets her shot next week, and I'm on the list .. Stay safe down there my friend
Jeff
Old 02-16-2021, 01:50 PM   #14
Curt Rees

Liked 227 Times in 48 Posts

My home town of Ft. Pierre, SD just fired up the 3 Cat generator. Rolling black outs.

I wonder why our new Commander in Chief hasn't at least addressed the power issue. I am thinking the need to be in Wisconsin selling his snake oil stimulus package is more important then millions of people being with out power.

I will bet Warren, if asked, could find a BNSF coal drag or 2 and get some of that Wyoming coal in the right places, in a hurry. Won't happen, doesn't fit the agenda.

Curt Rees

Last edited by Curt Rees; 02-16-2021 at 03:07 PM.
Curt Rees is offline   Reply With Quote