HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Break car & allowed replacement @ Columbus??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTRACER323 View Post
But if Tech closes at Noon on Saturday, how can he tech the car Saturday night?
IF they followed the rules (see above) they'd need the permission of the race director to make the change, and they could then ask for them to tech the replacement car.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #12
Ron Finney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If he was in the shoot out then he clearly violated the rules. #5 says that all previous qualifying runs are voided. Therefore, he should not have made it into the shootout.

I'm just saying......
Old 09-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #13
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTRACER323 View Post
Changes must be made and driver must re-qualify during the normal schedule, as posted for the event. No changes are permitted after qualifying has been completed.
If it was SC, there is no qualifying (save the shootout, as noted), but rather only time runs. Not sure how this rule would effect that.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #14
DEWMAN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Break car & allowed replacement @ Columbus??

Hear is the deal I broke at 9:22 sat morning. I had a trany and yoke but no drive shaft, I had 20 people offer parts but no one had a drive shaft. At 10:13 I talked to RICH B. and
he told me to check with JAY H.
JAY asked me if the other car was at the event and if it had been entered, since it was
not in competition it was OK but it had to be teched in before tech closes at 1:00 on sat. So I rolled back to the house and loaded it up,then I rolled back in the track at 11:32 am and went to tech with my tech card. After i was teched in I was not offered a time run again. But they said i was still in the shootout. I lost first round of the shootout and sundays race. And there you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEWMAN SST 3260
10.900@145. 00 NO I MEAN 132.00 OR WAS IT 116.00
DEWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #15
Brad1212

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The S/C car you are talking about broke the 1st car on friday then took the 2nd car thru tech on Saturday morning before his time trial I beleive. I was parked by tech and was wondering why he was going thru again on Saturday so I asked him and he explained that he had broken the other car. I don't know the rules but I'm pretty sure he explained to the tech official exactly what happened.
Brad1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #16
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1212 View Post
The S/C car you are talking about broke the 1st car on friday then took the 2nd car thru tech on Saturday morning before his time trial I beleive. I was parked by tech and was wondering why he was going thru again on Saturday so I asked him and he explained that he had broken the other car. I don't know the rules but I'm pretty sure he explained to the tech official exactly what happened.
Wow i never knew you can enter a different car. Not like I really care, he was at a HUGE disadvantage anyway, so I am glad he was still able to race, and if he won MORE POWER TO HIM
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #17
Lou SG2340

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A couple of years ago Sherman Addock broke his car at Silver Dollar. Borrowed David Watson's Chevy11 which was not entered, Won the race & won the SG Championship
Lou SG2340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

At Reynolds several years ago, I entered my Thunderbird in Super gas. It was the first time out after having wrecked the car and a new chassis installed. After fighting chassis setup and not getting down the track comfortably, I asked Bill Holt if I could withdraw my Thunderbird and enter my Ranger. He asked me if it had been teched in for this race, which I told him no. He told me I could withdraw the Thunderbird and enter the Ranger. So I was able to race with the Ranger without having made any time runs. Went four rounds on Sunday, so of course I started telling people time runs were overrated. LOL. I was told later that they had picked the Thunderbird for best engineering, but since I had withdrawn the car they gave the award to someone else.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In 2003 i went to gainesville and somehow broke a piston ring on the first pass.a friend offered me his car but it had been entered already and then parked bill holt said no! It started raining and didnt look like it would stop anytime soon so,we tore the engine apart pulled the piston fixed the ring and had it back together about 11 pm about the same time it quit raining and was in the lanes the next morning so i believe if the car wasnt entered in the event you could use it
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #20
Ron Finney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like it was a division call....no fault of Dewman. If they say he is in, he's in. I wouldn't question the call either if I was in that situation. Not sure it helps bring any clarity to the rules though, but what else is new with this stuff.....