Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
Dave Ribeiro
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Red face Re: National car counts

Chip,

Don't forget the Snowmobiles & I agree with Billy .... Bring it on ...
I also heard Bruton is buying some more tracks & land ... NHRA, wants him to go away quickly, but he may start his own thing ?
Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
Bob Emery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: National car counts

For what it's worth, at Seattle I attend Friday and Saturday to watch stock and super stock. Decided a few years back that Sunday was a waste of time, and have been going Friday and Saturday since.

I use the time with the .90 classes to cruise the pits.
Bob Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 819 Times in 220 Posts

Ed : unfortunately all Stock and Super Stock racers are the Movers and Shakers in their World and Community , Business and Church and for some reason we can never agree on any one goal ? lol at us
Old 07-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #14
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,800 Times in 1,824 Posts

"1. Drop the grading point crap."

Never happen, Daran

How else are they going to pull off the over priced / under paying divisional scam?
Old 07-21-2010, 06:32 AM   #15
Ernie Neal

Liked 301 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFM View Post
The Geico lizard shooting the tshirt cannon.
If NHRA would get smart they would loose these guys. I get tried of hearing them. Maybe use them once in a great while, but every national event. For what they pay these idiots, they could announce winning ticket numbers to receive a tee shirt. They would at least have everyones attention versus one section.
Ernie
Ernie Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #16
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is a post I have been waiting to see. I had mentioned on other threads the empty seats in the last three National event races. If you have the events recorded both Saturday qualifing and Sunday finals, you can look back and see how few spectators there are on Sundays. I would like to see NHRA run some qualifying runs for Stock and Superstock on Saturday morning and then go in to the races. At Z-max, earlier this year, we went on Saturday and the pits were nearly empty and we only got to see a few cars run. I have noticed a lot of video of the "wheels up" Superstocker, placed at the very end of the commercials, when the show starts back. Not going to kill this post with the wrong comment, but most of these, not NHRA/IHRA races are drawing these crowds to see these "older cars" leave the starting line with the "wheels up." There are a lot of Superstockers making an appearance on the TV show Pass Time and, yes those guys do not know alot about the cars but they do get real excited and comment when a nice looking Stock/Superstock leaves the starting line with the wheels up.

I would really like to see the races opened up to "cars that show, pay at the gate and race." I do not have the time to travel around to all of the divisional races but I would like to race at Z-Max, the only NHRA track within a 6 hour drive of Raleigh.

Cars not showing at all, and it will have to be either alot or no cars at all, will be the only way that NHRA will understand what these Sportsman cars, the money and the people they bring with them, means to NHRA. Right now they have 15 to 16 cars in these fuel classes with only three Owners having the majority of the cars entered and they don't pay. The people that travel and make up these teams, along with the people who get "VIP" passes from these teams, neither pay to get in the race nor do they buy from concession stands. They have food and drinks available to them all day long.

The Pro Stock cars bring so many cars they have sometimes as many as 8 or 9 cars that do not even qualify and have to go home. They have the closest races of any of the cars. NHRA continues to shove these cars around and they, as a group, are going to do something. That will be interesting.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #17
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: National car counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ribeiro View Post
Chip,

Don't forget the Snowmobiles & I agree with Billy .... Bring it on ...
I also heard Bruton is buying some more tracks & land ... NHRA, wants him to go away quickly, but he may start his own thing ?
If Bruton would start his own deal Im afraid it would just be Pro's and circus acts. The sportsmen would be shut out. He is in it for the "Dog and Pony Show" and making $$$$$$. There is no loyality to the little guy.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 07-21-2010 at 12:48 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #18
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3racing View Post
This is a post I have been waiting to see. I had mentioned on other threads the empty seats in the last three National event races. If you have the events recorded both Saturday qualifing and Sunday finals, you can look back and see how few spectators there are on Sundays. I would like to see NHRA run some qualifying runs for Stock and Superstock on Saturday morning and then go in to the races. At Z-max, earlier this year, we went on Saturday and the pits were nearly empty and we only got to see a few cars run. I have noticed a lot of video of the "wheels up" Superstocker, placed at the very end of the commercials, when the show starts back. Not going to kill this post with the wrong comment, but most of these, not NHRA/IHRA races are drawing these crowds to see these "older cars" leave the starting line with the "wheels up." There are a lot of Superstockers making an appearance on the TV show Pass Time and, yes those guys do not know alot about the cars but they do get real excited and comment when a nice looking Stock/Superstock leaves the starting line with the wheels up.

I would really like to see the races opened up to "cars that show, pay at the gate and race." I do not have the time to travel around to all of the divisional races but I would like to race at Z-Max, the only NHRA track within a 6 hour drive of Raleigh.

Cars not showing at all, and it will have to be either alot or no cars at all, will be the only way that NHRA will understand what these Sportsman cars, the money and the people they bring with them, means to NHRA. Right now they have 15 to 16 cars in these fuel classes with only three Owners having the majority of the cars entered and they don't pay. The people that travel and make up these teams, along with the people who get "VIP" passes from these teams, neither pay to get in the race nor do they buy from concession stands. They have food and drinks available to them all day long.

The Pro Stock cars bring so many cars they have sometimes as many as 8 or 9 cars that do not even qualify and have to go home. They have the closest races of any of the cars. NHRA continues to shove these cars around and they, as a group, are going to do something. That will be interesting.
chris3, The last 2 paragraphs of your post pretty much hit the nail right on the head....Pro Stock people at least stick together, stand up to, and won't be bullied by NHRA.... WJ
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #19
Daran Summerton

Liked 66 Times in 37 Posts

I did not mean to start a bitch session with this and hope someone with influence gets to read this. I am on a fixed income but there is the occasional side job I knock out and have some race $. I no longer have a 50 ft trailer because it was too much expense. Now I can hook up my open trailer and be on the interstate in about 20 minutes. OOpps no I can't because I forgot my online registration password and I think I missed the cutoff ?????? The cutoff should be making tech before the final qualifying session!!!!! I cannot say this will increase counts but it might help.
Daran Summerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #20
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Not being a long time NHRA racer I will say that in the past the quota system may have made sense. That being said, it's no longer the past. Like many corporations it takes time for the reality of the here and now to sink in then as we all know there is a knee jerk reaction to it. I've had no real issues with the system other than the preregistration, you never know if your stuff will still be raceable when the race actually happens. I always liked the IHRA deal... Show up pay your money and race. This year we've only attended 1 Nat. since it was in our backyard, doubtful on Indy, not that it's far but the amount of days plus the high entry fees make it not very appealing for us. Thanks to the local S-S/S combo races we can still go race and have fun without using all our vacation time for racing. Joe