Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Looks like NHRA had a bad week-end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Written in very poor taste .........there will never be a good reason to see cars crash ! ! ! Shame on you ...............
OK.....How about just outlawing them ! Let them run NASCAR or PINKS ALL OUT. Take the classes completely out of the rule book if NHRA will not do anything to slow them down.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 07-12-2010 at 03:56 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #12
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Exclamation Re: Looks like NHRA had a bad week-end

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzinhalfdozen View Post
Alan, I agree 100%, Though not as fast S/SS cars are potentially just as dangerous. Seems like not too long ago someone went long in a car and went in a lake or pond of some sorts can't remember if it was a Stock or SS car. As with any thing there is always a danger of something going wrong, I'm just wondering if some of these teams are really up to the task of properly fielding these cars. I hate to hear of anyone getting hurt or killed as it puts our sport in a bad lite. My thoughts are with their friends and family. Joe
Joe, the person you speak of was Woodro Josey at Gainesville. The entire safety setup at the end of the track failed. The sand pit was nothing but hard clay, the safety catch net was old and brittle and had been sitting out in the weather for God knows how long, not to mention the superior mentality of putting a lake at the end of a drag strip with a dirt "ramp" to make sure the car was catapulted 30 feet in the air and land upside down in 6 feet of water! The only thing that saved Woodro's life was God and Woodro! A twelve year old knows you have to till the sand pit before every race, and you cant leave a catch net out in the weather for years and expect it to stop a golf cart let alone a speeding race car! I'm sorry but priority one must be common sense, not bottom line dollars! Until the NHRA re embraces the original concept of the Safety Safari and stops acting like a traveling carnival, we will see more unnecessary deaths.
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.

Last edited by Jim Wahl; 07-12-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #13
johnny shot

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Looks like NHRA had a bad week-end

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Maybe if enough fuel and alcohol cars get crashed there wont be enough left to oil down the tracks and the Pro Stock class will be the new "super Stars" of NHRA and the sportsman racers will be able to take up the slack for a show for the fans. I have my fingers crossed !
You are an idiot. I hope you never lose a friend and have someone like you sum in up in such a callous and thoughtless manner. May you always remain an X tech man. With that attitude and thought process the sport does not need you.
johnny shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #14
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Angry Re: Looks like NHRA had a bad week-end

ALL of you can BITE ME.....I NEVER said to hurt or kill anyone......I woud never wish injury or death on anyone (except maybe the current Govt. administration) Just get rid of the cars (if you cn call them that) or change the rules that are causing this mayham. Some have more money that brains, skill and talent to run one of these rocket ships. Its an ego thing. All of you on here seem to read put words into a post that are not intended or in print. If NHRA cannot and will not slow this junk down with rule changes they do not need to be on the track. Get rid of the class if they cannot be made safer. John Force took it up on his own dollar to make the FUEL funny cars safer. These people will not. YOU the sportsman racers are paying for NHRA's mistakes and lack luster look at better saety rules and inspection. Why is it that the Alcohol cars are losing their brakes and having chutes rip off on a run and the Fuel cars are not? Racers are complacent....they will run even though their car or track may be unsafe just to get that last pass in. They put the run ahead of their own safety and you know it as well as I do even if you wont admit it. A lot of todays tracks are OLD, way to short for todays speeds and not well taken care of. Look what happened to Woodro in Florida. You can and are your own worst enemy when it comes to safety. At least the Pro Stock racers have the balls to tell NHRA NO I wont run on that junk track. So quit putting words into my post that are not there and check your own equipment. Look in the mirror and see if your program is up to par. It seems that a lot of these wanna be fuel cars are not.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #15
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Looks like NHRA had a bad week-end

Quote:
Originally Posted by boster58 View Post
Xtech man be a real man and apolgize for your comments, the racers who lost there lives doing what we all love have family and friends who read this site. I for one have always thought you were a a**hole and you just confirmed it

Bo Kenney
At least I never cheated when I was racing.......A$$hole !
Old 07-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #16
Billy Pires

Liked 24 Times in 3 Posts

ex-techy, why do you never have anything good to say on these forums? please leave. thanks, bye.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #17
Paul Sarvas

Liked 173 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
ALL of you can BITE ME.....I NEVER said to hurt or kill anyone......I woud never wish injury or death on anyone (except maybe the current Govt. administration)

Nice.... jerk
Paul Sarvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #18
Dean Roberts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

X-Tech, how about you just go away. You never have a positive comment and your last one takes the cake. If you hate the current state of NHRA racing then don't be a part of it and quit commenting. There are plenty of racers who enjoy doing what we do. Even if your comment was in jest it was poor timing and with very bad taste. What are you really proving with all this negativity? We get it, you don't care for NHRA racing. Get over it and move on with your life.
Dean Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #19
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,065 Times in 327 Posts

Is it me or did it look like the Catch Net was wound tighter then a rubber band? I was at Maple Grove all weekend and didn't hear about it till I got home from a friend who works on a A/Fuel Team. When I finally got a chance to watch the video yesterday I was like wow he was going about 100mph and didn't look that bad (But I think we all said that about Earnhardt's Death also). Too me it just seems like they are using the same technology they used in 1970-80 to stop cars. Back then cars had no give and stayed in 1 piece when they went through a net but, now cars are going 100mph faster and they are made to break apart to release some of the energy in a crash. Someone needs to step up and find a new solutions to stopping cars before someone else dies. I mean in a little more then 2 1/4 years there has been 4 deaths at NHRA Drag Races (3 from top-end failures and 1 spectator). I mean the only time people come up too talk to me at work who know I drag race and have never watched a dragrace but all I hear is "Hey I heard another guy died at the dragstrip"....It's like seriously that's not what racing is all about!!!
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #20
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,978 Times in 1,572 Posts

Hey I'm not going to condone what Terry said but he has done quite a service for our sport that I'm sure none of you "Johnny come latelys" will ever consider doing. Not to mention his service for our Country that gives you hacks the right to come on here and trash him.
Hey X-tech man please don't go away.
Billy Nees

What is "NORMAL"???
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote