HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-31-2023, 10:41 AM   #11
Lenny5160_v2

Liked 182 Times in 76 Posts
Default Re: Bo Butner and Stock Eliminator

In addition to what everyone else has been saying, Bo runs sportsman cars all the time! He finished #11 in Super Gas last year, which includes 5 divisional events (grade points).
Old 07-31-2023, 10:43 AM   #12
Lenny5160_v2

Liked 182 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
I would much rather race Bo Butner, Don Garlits, Jason Line, and them other pros that used to run Stock, than some of those deadly bracket racers who compete in them million dollar races.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA
Bo is also a recent Spring Fling Million winner. I wouldn't call myself a fan, but the guy obviously loves drag racing and doesn't discriminate when choosing a place to race.
Old 07-31-2023, 12:02 PM   #13
Ron Ortiz

Liked 269 Times in 93 Posts

Correct, Bo did win a million dollar race. He just doesn't frequent the SFG races. There are a lot of big time hitters out there. Sometimes you run one, sometimes you don't, or you get a bye. Besides, more often than not you lose when you made a mistake.
Worst loss I ever had was against a 16 year old girl driving a Kia Soul when they first came out with the hamster commercial. She dropped me while being parked at the finish line. The emotional scars are still there.
Old 07-31-2023, 12:25 PM   #14
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,513 Times in 638 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Bo Butner and Stock Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442OLDS View Post
I remember racing Bo Butner in the Stock Eliminator final at Rt 66 in 2012. I also remember racing "Big Daddy" Don Garlits in his Drag Pak in Stock Eliminator. Not sure what your issue is here. Are you saying that once you race in a Pro category ,you should be ineligible for competition in a Sportsman category?
I did some research. In 2012 @ Rt 66 Bo was also in the Allstars race. He raced Dallas Glenn rd 1, Mark Faul rd 2 and was beat by Slate Cummings in the final. Guess Bo knows racing. He has the credentials.
Old 07-31-2023, 12:28 PM   #15
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 707 Times in 306 Posts

My personal opinion is that anytime a "Pro" enters a Sportsman class it is good for Sportsman racing.

Bill
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:35 PM   #16
Regan Wilson

Liked 125 Times in 65 Posts

If you are racing in a Sportsman Class you are a Sportsman Racer. If you are racing in the Pro Classes you are a Pro. I asked Bo what the hell he was doing running Super Street at the Fall Nationals a few years ago. It didn't bother me at all that he was as I was just joking around. Racing is racing!
Regan Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:20 PM   #17
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 667 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442OLDS View Post
I also remember racing "Big Daddy" Don Garlits in his Drag Pak in Stock Eliminator.
Bob "Lowbuck Bob" Don won against "Big" and his Drag Pak. I think Bob was in R/SA. Kinda like striking out Babe Ruth.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 10:25 PM   #18
Fixer

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Sarge, you outta be ashamed of yourself.
Tracks closing, participation dropping, costs rising, sport shrinking, sponsors dropping. And then, you have an honest to goodness drag racer who puts his money, family, life and everything that goes with it into this sport, at every level. From driving, providing, to sponsorships and putting on races at a loss for the sake of keeping drag racing going. It’s an off race for Pro Stock and Bo goes NHRA Stock racing. Bo is not mooching off the system. He races. No disrespect as I very much value your service to our country, but Sarge, you disappoint.
Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 11:19 AM   #19
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 3,121 Times in 682 Posts

I think anytime someone like Bo races in the sportsman classes it's a great thing. He and Randi Lyn have a huge following on social media and it definitely puts a spotlight on our classes. I will even go as far as Tony Stewart racing in the Alcohol class it's a great thing we need this exposure in the time we are in heck someone needs to offer Tony a Stocker for a weekend! He's running the Maple Grove division race this weekend so someone get that guy in a Stocker.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:56 PM   #20
tstickff

Liked 469 Times in 112 Posts

I was going to bite my tongue on this one, but **** it. Bo Butner has done a lot for this sport, and has ran and won in almost every sportsman category there is! Here’s the real problem, having an open forum where anyone (Sarge) can post some BS post like this when he is probably the most misinformed person on this site. Maybe do your research before slamming someone for enjoying the sport we all love because you don’t have the facts and are this far out of the loop. Also your previous post about why do we even qualify anymore blah blah. Two negative posts back to back on the same forum….no disrespect to you sir but put the beer down, step away from the key board and go enjoy the sunshine. Just my .02

Tim Stickles