HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-09-2024, 10:17 AM   #11
Kevin Panzino

Liked 579 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Cecil LODRS Info

Well, their latest post from yesterday stated the race is on.
Always a very tough call. But it really looks pretty rough.
Im sure not driving 5 hours to risk it...

Kevin Panzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 01:36 PM   #12
John W. 1711

Liked 301 Times in 96 Posts

May need to finish on Monday. Saturday and Sunday are still a little shaky.
John W. 1711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 04:18 PM   #13
Nick Heath

Liked 507 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. 1711 View Post
May need to finish on Monday. Saturday and Sunday are still a little shaky.
Saturday might be OK depending on the forecast you look at. Friday and Sunday look terrible though.

Wonder if they're gambling on "1 run, straight into eliminations, finish on Saturday" and then anything that gets done on Friday is a bonus?
Nick Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-09-2024, 07:50 PM   #14
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,624 Times in 382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Heath View Post
Saturday might be OK depending on the forecast you look at. Friday and Sunday look terrible though.

Wonder if they're gambling on "1 run, straight into eliminations, finish on Saturday" and then anything that gets done on Friday is a bonus?
That’s how I’m gonna play it
Show up Saturday morning
Let IT RIP
Old 05-11-2024, 01:16 PM   #15
Kevin Panzino

Liked 579 Times in 111 Posts

Whats the latest scoop from folks there at the track?
Kevin Panzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 07:48 PM   #16
blkjack

Liked 52 Times in 17 Posts

Officially done for the day, tomorrow's forecast does not look promising at all. Sign up for the app NED uses, very informative even if you didn't make it to the track
blkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-11-2024, 11:06 PM   #17
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,026 Times in 312 Posts

Got through Stock, Super Stock, Super Street, Super Gas R1 and Juniors R1, they still have to do SC, Top, Top & Comp R1 tomorrow. The weather looks iffy but looking at the hourly it looks like there is some opportunity to get some racing done.

Pro Mod has a crash and a car burn pretty good, I heard from a few people who were mad that they were a part of the Lucas Race. Here’s the deal guys, the owner put up a show to put butts in the seats to watch a good show. With Friday being rained out it set a lot of the schedule into the garbage for trying to get as much as they can get done. To me the PM show was great and some fast cars, we all need to stop thinking that we pay the bills for a weekend at a LODRS and these additional classes and programs are brining on a crowd, I can say the stands were pretty packed for a LODRS and with the Pro Mod show would be 75% less.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 11:10 PM   #18
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,026 Times in 312 Posts

[QUOTE=BKSG1198;697313]Got through Stock, Super Stock, Super Street, Super Gas R1 and Juniors R1, they still have to do SC, Top, Top & Comp R1 tomorrow. The weather looks iffy but looking at the hourly it looks like there is some opportunity to get some racing done.

Pro Mod has a crash and a car burn pretty good, I heard from a few people who were mad that they were a part of the Lucas Race. Here’s the deal guys, the owner put up a show to put butts in the seats to watch a good show. With Friday being rained out it set a lot of the schedule into the garbage for trying to get as much as they can get done. To me the PM show was great and some fast cars, we all need to stop thinking that we pay the bills for a weekend at a LODRS and these additional classes and programs are brining on a crowd, I can say the stands were pretty packed for a LODRS and with the Pro Mod show would be 75% less. The thing is, they could go a Alky and $50k Pro Mod Race and tell the rest of us to pound sand
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:33 AM   #19
Roy Kinslow

Liked 129 Times in 27 Posts

I heard an expression the other day which seems to describe the NHRA experience more every day, " The juice is not worth the squeeze ". This would apply for both track operations and racers alike. When alot of the participants are spending more to attend a race than they could potentially win, having an enjoyable experience at the race and get home to go to work Monday is about all NHRA has to offer. It seems like a NHRA sanction is like a franchise of sorts. They have let this situation get to a breaking point it seems. Can't even seem to hire and retain a division director or a secretary. I don't know where all those millions that NHRA takes in goes, those Walleys must be very expensive?
I do believe this, if McDonald's takes so much money from the restaurant operator that he can't make money, it's not the cook's or the guy buying a hamburger's fault if he goes out of business.
Roy Kinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 10:44 AM   #20
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,700 Times in 1,300 Posts

Sorry guys, but what track operator in their right mind would schedule a race on Mother’s Day weekend. This weekend and Easter are no no’s for drag racing …….
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote